Not sure if this posted the 1st time?

Wickus

Not sure if this posted the 1st time?

So I kind of feel like there might be loads of people worrying about their base right now.

Like many other people, myself and my tribe have found that the only way to be safe from meshing is to build our base on certain spots that are very hard to mesh, for example ontop of the map on abb...

I havnt stopped playing since legacy and at the moment alot of my stuff is hidden in places similar, this way they actually have to soak some bullets before blowing everything up ?

But with this mesh detection, we are hoping that meshing has a actually been fixed.

But I have 2 questions. 

1. If people are under my base, how long will mesh detection take to work? Will the be able to blow my base and leave with my stuff before the devs have the time to do anything?

2. How long do we have to get our stuff back to our original base location before we get dev wiped/banned?

I know if I move my years worth of work back inside the mesh,  and i get meshed again, ill be un installing the game for good. 

I know if I get dev wiped for cheating to keep my stuff away from the cheaters who use there exploits maliciously I will uninstall the game for good.

Feel like I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place here. Some more info would greatly help me make the right decision for my tribe.

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic

I guess that the fact that anybody who doesnt mesh and plays legit would never be able to even attempt to raid you and that is just an added beneift to you "protecting yourself" from meshers right?

Pretty much building inside the mesh makes meshing the only way to raid you no? means you are unraidable to anyone who doesnt mesh yes? and you dont see how this makes the problem worse and just encourages more people to mesh?

In my opinion all intentional meshing should be met with a dev wipe. It's harsh sure, but over coming cheaters by becoming a cheater yourself is not the solution my friend, in fact that is a part of the problem. Yes that means YOU are part of the problem. You may not want to lose your stuff but this is ark, even if meshing was fixed and no one could mesh anymore, you still have the potential of losing everything to another tribe raiding you. That is why the whole " well I have a poop load of stuff that I dont want to lose" excuse doesnt cut it. There are legit spots on the map that meshers cant really get to, depending on which map you are on. Sure it is unfair that people mesh to raid  and it sucks and believe me those people are sad and weak individuals who are usually not all that good at the game and that just makes them raiding you even worse. So I get it and yes it is ok to hate and despise those kinds of people because they do deserve it, but when you go and give yourself your own unfair advantage to combat the cheaters, you become that which you hate and like it or not, players who play legit now have a right to hate you also as you become part of the problem. It isnt fair, but it also inst our job to fix the meshing issue, it is the ark devs problem, the responsibility lies with them. I agree that if they cant fix it or are just too incompetent to fix it then we shouldnt be supporting them through playing their game anyway. So lets hope WC actually succeed in fixing this issue, thats the best we can do. As it stands if you mesh your base to defend against meshers I'm afraid you will get wiped if a dev finds out. I have seen it countless times already, and everytime the person will beg and say but I had no choice because people where mesh raiding me, and everytime the same response from WC. "cheating is cheating" - admin then continues demolishing the rest of your structures. 

Just going by the history of how ark devs deal with these situations I would highly suggest moving everything ASAP, because otherwise mercy and understanding for anyone using game exploits is not a big quality that ark devs exercise. They usually go down the more ruthless, one size fits all, zero tolerance route.

You have been warned.

13 hours ago, Wickus said:

Every one I know has been meshed and  now hide in the mesh where it's safer because if you're at the bottom of the map or on top of 30 layers people actually have to soak bullets.

If you havent been meshed you've been lucky or you're lying

13 hours ago, Wickus said:

If every one with mesh structures get dev wiped there is going to be nothing but a hand full of bobs playing on Xbox 

"They did it so i can do it!!!" :Jerbcry:

15 hours ago, Wickus said:

Every one I know has been meshed and  now hide in the mesh where it's safer because if you're at the bottom of the map or on top of 30 layers people actually have to soak bullets.

If you havent been meshed you've been lucky or you're lying

I guess I've been lucky.  Dude, seriously.  You know this is just a game right?  You know games are supposed to be fun right?  If you aren't having fun, which it doesn't really sound like you are. Then quit and play something else.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:39 PM, HoboNation said:

I guess that the fact that anybody who doesnt mesh and plays legit would never be able to even attempt to raid you and that is just an added beneift to you "protecting yourself" from meshers right?

Pretty much building inside the mesh makes meshing the only way to raid you no? means you are unraidable to anyone who doesnt mesh yes? and you dont see how this makes the problem worse and just encourages more people to mesh?

In my opinion all intentional meshing should be met with a dev wipe. It's harsh sure, but over coming cheaters by becoming a cheater yourself is not the solution my friend, in fact that is a part of the problem. Yes that means YOU are part of the problem. You may not want to lose your stuff but this is ark, even if meshing was fixed and no one could mesh anymore, you still have the potential of losing everything to another tribe raiding you. That is why the whole " well I have a poop load of stuff that I dont want to lose" excuse doesnt cut it. There are legit spots on the map that meshers cant really get to, depending on which map you are on. Sure it is unfair that people mesh to raid  and it sucks and believe me those people are sad and weak individuals who are usually not all that good at the game and that just makes them raiding you even worse. So I get it and yes it is ok to hate and despise those kinds of people because they do deserve it, but when you go and give yourself your own unfair advantage to combat the cheaters, you become that which you hate and like it or not, players who play legit now have a right to hate you also as you become part of the problem. It isnt fair, but it also inst our job to fix the meshing issue, it is the ark devs problem, the responsibility lies with them. I agree that if they cant fix it or are just too incompetent to fix it then we shouldnt be supporting them through playing their game anyway. So lets hope WC actually succeed in fixing this issue, thats the best we can do. As it stands if you mesh your base to defend against meshers I'm afraid you will get wiped if a dev finds out. I have seen it countless times already, and everytime the person will beg and say but I had no choice because people where mesh raiding me, and everytime the same response from WC. "cheating is cheating" - admin then continues demolishing the rest of your structures. 

Just going by the history of how ark devs deal with these situations I would highly suggest moving everything ASAP, because otherwise mercy and understanding for anyone using game exploits is not a big quality that ark devs exercise. They usually go down the more ruthless, one size fits all, zero tolerance route.

You have been warned.

It reminds me of this base my group raided many moons ago on the Center. It was in a deep valley and didn't appear to have any turrets on it but as soon as I got closer to it all my flak armor started to break. There was literally bullets coming out of the nearby hills mountains that surrounded it. It didn't help them much though, their turrets weren't topped up and lacked a dense coverage to make a real difference.

Archived