Please allow resources to re-spawn in single player

Celee022

Suggestion

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

83 replies to this server topic

Urrgh ark, sometimes I want to pull my hair out.

Recently made the move to PC after a long time on PS4, so I could play the game with my daughter. Master race and all.

Set up on herbivore island to show her the ropes, keep her safe while she learns. Been having a blast.

So, I’ve been running non-dedicated sessions, but yesterday I loaded single player to grind materials for her whilst she was at school. She came home from school and I logged out of SP and booted up a non-dedicated session.

Then none of the materials on herbivore island respawned. All the metal and rock refusing to respawn. Looking at google, this is an unfixed bug, dating back two years. Fantastic!

If tried everything I can, set all respawn timers to 0.1, distance around player/structures to 0.1, cheat slowmo 15 and sat there watching the world go by. Nothing works…

The only thing I can think to do is to upload all tames and characters, then download onto another map. Then delete the island save, and start afresh. Base wasn’t huge, only been at it a week, so can just spawn myself the materials andrebuild without too much fuss. But I don’t want to do this, I built this with my daughter and she’s chuffed with her work, and it’s something I want to keep to look back on.

So, my question is, does anyone know of a possible fix? I’ve googled like crazy and nothing seems to work. The issue happened because I logged out of single player before the resources respawned. If there is no fix, does anyone know ifthis is also an issue with non-dedicated sessions? If so I will have to keep all timers set at 0.1, but I am a slave to a little grind which that will negate. I like to think I’ve earned what I craft.

One more question, if I upload into ark data and then delete the island save, would I lose the items in the ark data. Safer to download them to another map?

It does concern me for the future, what if my game crashes before resources respawn. Daily backups from now I think.

Thanks in advance.

I noticed that some items had come back since last time I had harvested, so I went out with my dinos, and went to gather. Turns out, I forgot to change my slider from 0. When I got far enough away, sure enough, what I had harvested popped back up. 

I changed the slider, harvested a couple items, and then reset the slider to 0 - no luck. So it seems that the slider works when set to 0, but only on items that are harvested in the game. 

Is there any way other than waiting for hours to find out if these resources will respawn? Is this legitimately an issue with sp respawn - does anyone know?

---- edited this morning as I can't reply to threads for some reason ---

When logged in this morning, I went back to harvest. Some observations (my resource slider is at 0.6):

• Within the same session:
    • Shrubs/plants seem to spawn back almost immediately
    • Tiny trees spawn back within a few minutes
    • Larger (palm-type) trees spawn back within an hour
    • Rocks spawn back within an hour
  • Some of the trees (larger palm-type) harvested in previous sessions finally started to spawn - This took multiple hours in this session, plus the multiple hours from prior sessions
  • None of the rocks or metal harvested in previous sessions spawned. I waited for over 4 hours in this session

Has anyone seen a similar issue, or know of how to fix this? As of right now, it looks like only items from the current session are respawning, and perhaps some sporadic wood resources from prior sessions with enough time.

This is either sp, or non dedicated for myself. I tried again - took down one rock near my base, logged out, logged in, cleared the rest of the resources. Everything except that one rock spawed back within an hour. This seems to be a legitimate bug. Is there some formal reporting process? I've lost the ability to gather metal, oil, and crystal, as I've cleared all of the nodes nearby, and they aren't spawning.

Can we get a force respawn resources console command?

Can we get a force respawn resources console command? After a while resources stopped respawning, which is became a problem when i try to farm resources like obsidian. I need to go farther and farther just o find a small ammount until there is no more. I tried to set the sliders to a value which helps the resource sapwn faster, but still no obsidian

11 minutes ago, TomBakerARK said:

I need those metals for end-game. There are enough trees in the game where I wouldn't care if they never spawned back; in fact, I think it would be cool to see what the map looks like without any trees at all when you are done :)

Setting respawn distance and time to 0 temporarily in the game ini file and logging in usually revives dead resource spawns.  Just change it back afterwards if you don’t like instant respawns.

Probably a bit late, 11 hours, but single player has a bug that things don't respawn if you log out before they respawn. Its annoying but there is a workaround. 

Before you load the single player map set the respawn slider all the way to the left for instant respawn, almost. Then load the game and go across half the map. Having a flyer helps but you could walk or take a boat.  If you go far enough and then come back everything will be respawned.  Then log out and set slider back to normal time for respawn. Unless you like killing a rock and having it spawn back in less than a minute.  Dont stand where it spawns or you get stuck inside.

Fyi I know this works because I have done it. Took me weeks before someone told me. In that respect 11 hours isnt so bad.

Oh and edit before i post it but cant be bothered to reword it: When i say the respawn slider i mean the resource slider obviously.

I actually don't see anything in those singleplayer settings that would affect resource spawning, so I honestly have no idea why that may have initially worked for you unless it was just coincidence and the respawns are simply working as intended. Perhaps the reason those resources closest to you have respawned is because you harvested those first and the ones farther out will respawn soon.

Yes! I have found a solution to this bug (through these forums actually) for my own Single Player game. It’s the last post in the thread I’m linking to below. It worked for me (also on herbivore island). I saved the last post of that thread on my computer as well, in case I need it again. Good luck!

Sorry for the necroing this badly, just created account just to ask what exactly your solution is. It shows me "Sorry, this content is no longer available." for some reason but since I face the same problem without any working solution on PC I request a repost/link/tip of/for the solution that helped you.

It appears the problem recieved no attention till July 2020. Can't live without Metal, Crystal etc., like you. I would appreciate any help to solve the problem or find the post I couldn't find. (I'd be happy not to being forced to cheat and transfer too much, since it lacks me experience there. I like playing SP on default but wouldn't mind changing the 4 resource respawn parameters.) Please help!

With kind regards :)

*Edit: Don't know how to quote but you might find the post I tryna answer of tbfrnritunbv6 of November 9, 2019. (Screwed my sentence but you'll get it)

Single player resources glitch still happening

We all know this is still an issue and for the most of us who have played a single player run have run into this issue at least once if not more.

The best work arounds for this issue Ive seen requires some back end stuff in the ini (which doesn't all ways work) or mods that get rid of the need to harvest at all, which both mind you defeat the goal of immersion for most.

Now the best fix Ive seen is by @Aylana314159 where they said "WC could just add a respawn trigger for SP when the world loads." in a forum thread (linked down below)

this could easily be a line of code that you put in the ini that would only effect single player that way you don't run into unintended issues on a server that just refreshes any harvest-able resource on the map before loading the player model.

i do believe wild card should implement a fix for this as a good portion of people have complained and or tried work arounds for this issue.

Thanks for posting the stuff for the sp flag. I don't know what's up with the resources. Nothing was spawning - even if I waited it out. I actually harvested the stuff further out first, which is what I can't get to spawn. And the slider seemed to have worked once when I toggled the switch for the sp flag, but only around the base (where I was at the time). It didn't work the second time at another area. I may try to toggle the sp flag again, see if that helps - even though as you've pointed out, it should have no bearing on resources. 

Going off my edit from before - it seems like this issue is session-dependent. Once the resource is harvested, if it's not respawned by the time I log out, it's almost like it's gone forever, or at least on a timer that's longer than useful. I've probably spent well over 8 hours in a spot, waiting for resources to spawn, and they aren't. 

Is anyone else seeing resource spawn issues? Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

• Volunteer Moderator

To be honest, I'm not even sure what the issue is or why this even need to be suggested. I made some testing because I was curious why it was such a big drama and I still don't understand. From my testing, the metal nodes always ended re-spawning and that regardless if I was re-logging or if I was simply standing there waiting. The only difference, is that I had to go away and come back for the nodes to start spawning again after I logged off otherwise they wouldn't re-spawn. I even tested to logoff away from the area while I knew the nodes were not re-spawned thinking that maybe it was a stasis related issue preventing the spawner to resume but the nodes still spawned back. I was running 0.05 re-spawn period multiplier along with slomo 10 and the nodes were taking 30 seconds in average to re-spawn. Meaning that with default settings, it would takes ((30 * 10) * (1.0 / 0.05)) / 60 = 100 minutes in average for the nodes to spawn back. Maybe there is a bug that I didn't experience, but from my results, the nodes are already re-spawning in single-player just fine.

So yeah, I'm voting no on this because adding features that are already in the game seems redundant, no?

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

Cheers for the replies all.

Yes, it worked. About 80%. I think some of the resources must have been a little too far gone due to many log ins/out whilst messing with settings. Most of the metal is there, and just missing a few rocks. But that is fine. Enough there for this early game. We’ll relocating to carno island next once my daughter learns the ropes a bit.

I will keep the settings to 0.1. I do worry that over time things good get messed up, but i’ll probably do the admin spectator and have a quick fly around at the end of a play session to make sure.

One question though. Even at 0.1.. say I hit up metal mountain, then go back to base for a couple of hours. Is metal mountain in stasis because the area isn’t reloaded? So if I log out then stuff may disappear? I’ve taken an argie train over there a couple of times to hit it up and not run into any issues with despawns, so i’m not overly concerned.

Will keep an eye on it though

Tbfrnritunbv6... cheers! I was going to say i’d name the first giga in your honour for the info, but that’s some name!

Thanks again

To your question: Yes. 

This is the biggest fault of single player. You ideally need to farm, wait till rocks reapawn then leave. Maybe to pass the time bring a forge with you, smelt metal.on site so it doesnt feel so immersion breaking and pointless

17 hours ago, Rintrahhh said:

Is the check box for " use singleplayer settings" checked? If so, it might be overriding the slider set to 0. 

I unchecked it, and reset the resource slide to 0. It worked. Thank you so much.

Do you know what that check-box does? Why is it over-riding the resource spawn - not just the slider, but the timer, too?

I was just typing my suggestion out. I'll just add what I was gonna say here.

This "feature" makes no sense as single player rates (including node respawns) should be/are customizable and codes exist to just bypass it anyway in the form of spawning in metal, obsidian, poly, ingots, etc.

It's a private world, something basic like that should not be dictated by WC

I`m really surprised that more people aren't complaining about this issue, This is a major bug issue. I tried playing around with slider settings and lowered the player and base resource multipliers down to 0.3 and the other two settings(forget what they are called) that have to do with resource spawning set to 0.3 and I`m now getting some trees that re spawn back but only about 4 to 5 trees come back after about 5 or 10 minuets after I leave the area for a while.

1 hour ago, Celee022 said:

I unchecked it, and reset the resource slide to 0. It worked. Thank you so much.

Do you know what that check-box does? Why is it over-riding the resource spawn - not just the slider, but the timer, too?

Okay - so it worked in one isolated area - near my base - but a short distance out, it hadn't reset the resources. I tried again to reset them in another area, and it isn't taking. Any suggestions?

I was one of the lucky players who have never had this issue , until now. In my Extinction world I now for the first time have this issue of resources not re-spawning ,  so obviously WC has never done anything about this issue.

Is there maybe any other workarounds that players maybe have found other than what is already mentioned here ?
Any other fixes anybody have to add maybe ?

For now I will try these mentioned here and hope it will help me.

Archived