Please allow resources to re-spawn in single player

Celee022

Suggestion

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

83 replies to this server topic

31 minutes ago, deM666 said:

Same here! June 26th 2019, nothing has been done yet. Pathetic is not strong enough to describe how the devs are handling this thing...

Well, fellow Ark fans... You know what to do with all of WildCard next games!

What we should do is petition Sony into never allowing Wildcard to publish for playstations again. 

Fix Single Player Resources Glitch

Where i live i can not play on a server so i started to play single player and in doing so found out that the day 1 bug of resources not respawning due to the game closing for any reason before the resources have respawned. I have tried doing the lan server idea and that hasn't worked because i only have one computer and running two instances of this game nearly killed it.  As stated before in other threads the most logical fix would be to put in a line of code that does a force update of resources or something like that that would only trigger in a single player game.

One point I have tried to make with most of the threads I have commented on is that Unofficial, Dedicated, and Single player - players, should be given more access to customize and/or modify the game as they so desire. And as long as the request is reasonable, I am all for it - even if it is something that may or may not apply to myself or the cluster I code, admin, and play for. 

As for this particular point, having played the single player version for several months before moving on to play on servers, I say it is an excellent idea. Not only that, but I don't see it being too difficult to add as the coding is already there in the game ini files. It would simply need to be brought to the console menu which could be done with one of the sliders they seem so fond of. 

It is a great idea. Upvoted. ?

Cheers for the replies all.

Yes, it worked. About 80%. I think some of the resources must have been a little too far gone due to many log ins/out whilst messing with settings. Most of the metal is there, and just missing a few rocks. But that is fine. Enough there for this early game. We’ll relocating to carno island next once my daughter learns the ropes a bit.

I will keep the settings to 0.1. I do worry that over time things good get messed up, but i’ll probably do the admin spectator and have a quick fly around at the end of a play session to make sure.

One question though. Even at 0.1.. say I hit up metal mountain, then go back to base for a couple of hours. Is metal mountain in stasis because the area isn’t reloaded? So if I log out then stuff may disappear? I’ve taken an argie train over there a couple of times to hit it up and not run into any issues with despawns, so i’m not overly concerned.

Will keep an eye on it though

Tbfrnritunbv6... cheers! I was going to say i’d name the first giga in your honour for the info, but that’s some name!

Thanks again

I'm still having this issue. For now, I've just tamped down the slider so things respawn before I log out, but I'm missing a lot of resources like metal, stone, and crystal that I need. This happened over the summer once, and I'm not sure what fixed it, if it was an update for this, or something unrelated. 

Hello,

I do not know if the resource re-spawn problem in single player mode is a bug or a dev negligence but I would like to note a couple of things.

I have tried to play a Single Player game without using any commands and without changing any options on Scorched Earth map. What I have noticed is that it took hundreds of in game days to re-spawn obsidian and crystal nodes: In about 400-500 in-game days obsidian/crystal nodes re-spawned  just 1 or 2 times (stone re-spawn was OK, metal re-spawn was slow but acceptable).

I would like also to point out that on a different instance, on Ragnarok map (single player  again) any mineral/tree re-spawn rate is tragic: actually only the small stone nodes (the semi-spherical ones) are re-spawning in a very slow rate.

Also the 're-spawn distance from player/building' option if the value is 1.0, then the distance for preventing any re-spawn is equal to the length of 10-12 foundations (or 75meters according to other sources), so this option only matters if you have placed a building really close to resources.

I would also like to point out that the overall re-spawn might have to do something with Stasis. Stasis is a feature of the game engine which 'freezes' game activity in any area of the map where there is not any Player presented. Now since in the Single Player mode the game (server) starts and stops each time the player enters/exits the game, the combination of those two  factors might have side effects on the resource re-spawning: It is possible each time you start the SP game, you reset the re-spawn timer. That might also be the reason that in my case the obsidian nodes re-spawned only a couple of times in 500 in game days, since it might coincided with a couple of occasions that I have played for 10-12 hours without turning off the game, thus preventing a re-spawn counter reset.

Of course these are only assumptions that I have made during experimenting and we need somebody with knowledge about this issues in order to clarify or reject them...

14 hours ago, TomBakerARK said:

I need those metals for end-game. There are enough trees in the game where I wouldn't care if they never spawned back; in fact, I think it would be cool to see what the map looks like without any trees at all when you are done :)

This was one of the reasons I came back to play on official servers. Despite the zero lag, the SP gameplay has some problems, like this one.

12 minutes ago, TomBakerARK said:

I think I must be the only one on the planet playing the PC version single player because I don't hear anyone else talking about single player resources not re-spawning.

You have to fidget the respawn times and respawn distance, there’s a bunch of crap where stuff doesn’t respawn if it’s not within render distance, and if you logout before stuff respawn half the time stuff won’t respawn.  I can’t remember what settings I had it on exactly, but I got it to the point where stuff respawns.

Sorry for necroing an old thread but I'd like to confirm that as of June 10th, 2020, this bug is STILL not fixed. Finally got a PC that can run ARK and decided to make my base on The Island. Mined all the metal, rocks, etc on Herbivore Island and even after hours of playing they still haven't respawned. Of course i've logged out (and crashed) since mining them so they might not respawn, ever, apparently.

I'm not that worried about metal since I can still kill tech dinos for scrap metal but if crystal and obsidian don't respawn then I'm gonna have to start going to other maps just to get basic resources. I'll try the fixes on this thread but... I shouldn't have to. This is a fully released game and this bug is now 3+ years old and completely gamebreaking.

@invincibleqc

Just recently I cleared out the one green cave entrance on my Ab single player as well as several plateaus in blue and despite 5 straight hours of game play and other days with 2 to 4 hours of game play, they never respawned. Nothing built to block those spawns either.

I just started up on Rag so I'll monitor that now but as of right now, even if it's an occasional bug, there's traction there to have it looked at.

Finally figured this out and had to create an account to share the good news

1. Set resource respawn interval to .01 also set resource respawn distance to player to .01

2. Travel a good distance away from area (I flew for around 2 minutes in a straight line)

3. Exit game (Return to main menu)

4. Start single player session back up and return to area

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

It definitely effects some people as a bug. It could be effected by the prevent hibernation parameter.

I tested with -preventhibernation and got the exact same results.

2 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

@invincibleqc

Just recently I cleared out the one green cave entrance on my Ab single player as well as several plateaus in blue and despite 5 straight hours of game play and other days with 2 to 4 hours of game play, they never respawned. Nothing built to block those spawns either.

I just started up on Rag so I'll monitor that now but as of right now, even if it's an occasional bug, there's traction there to have it looked at.

You are on console, aren't you? It might be a consoles specific issues. I did test on the Steam version. Either way, did you try decreasing the re-spawn multiplier and increasing slomo for a while?

Archived