Please allow resources to re-spawn in single player

Celee022

Suggestion

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

83 replies to this server topic

37 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

That would be a good reason to ddos server crashes more metal for all even restarting single player.

It would have to be for SP only, not servers. The easiest workaround for the SP resource respawn bug, is to just set really low or instant respawn times. But not everyone wants to do that.

1 hour ago, Celee022 said:

Do you know what that check-box does? Why is it over-riding the resource spawn - not just the slider, but the timer, too?

That checkbox was added recently to make the singleplayer game a little easier. It basically ups everything like breeding and stuff to 16x speed. Also it makes fighting the bosses much easier to fight solo.

Well after spending some days trying to find a solution to this 100% reproduceable bug, I finally found a reliable work-around.  This is not a fix for the problem, just a work-around when it occurs.  Devs, please fix this already!

Short Version: Use Spectator Mode

Detailed Version:

1. Before you click "Play Single Player", select the "Advanced" tab
  2. Crank all 4 "resource" sliders down to the minimum (0.01), making note of the original values so you can set them back later (use the slider, don't type in a 0 or it will be set back to 1.0)
    1. Structure Prevent Resource Radius
    2. Resources Respawn Period
    3. No Resource Radius - Players
    4. No Resource Radius - Structures (no idea why there are 2 of these for structures, but I used both)
  3. Click "Play Single Player" to start your game
  4. Go to the place where you need stuff to respawn
  5. Put all your equipment in a box (I used a vault that I spawned in)
    1. Don't forget your quick slots
    2. Don't forget the armor you're wearing
  6. Place a well-named sleeping bag so you can get back here later and retrieve all your stuff
  7. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat enablespectator" to enable spectator mode
    1. Your character and all your stuff will disappear, hence the box and sleeping bag
  8. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat slomo 20" to speed everything up
  9. Fly around in spectator mode away from your location (a few seconds should do)
  10. Fly back to your location
  11. Watch your resources respawn within a few seconds if they haven't already.  If not, try flying further away.
  12. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat slomo 1"  to slow everything back down to normal speed
  13. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat disablespectator" to disable spectator mode
    1. The game behaves kinda like you had died
  14. Select your sleeping bag and get your stuff out of the box
  15. Logout and reset your resource sliders to what they were before (1.0 is the default)

I hope this helps you as it helped me.

Went to extinction and tamed a couple. Bred them back on the island. Got silica pearls, metal, Crystal, obsidian all covered now. So can concentrate on some breeding and taming with her whilst the resources stack themselves up. Nothing over 300 armour gear wise so far off the gachas which is good as I want to chase drops.

I'm starting to think it was coincidence, or a fluke, that the resources had spawned around my base when I logged in today. I usually keep my respawn slider at .6 or .7, as it's just me, but if the resource respawn isn't being 'listened' to by the game, then maybe I didn't wait long enough. My base is 'live' all the time (I think) - but I haven't figured out yet what makes an area 'live' - is it only player presence, or can dinos, things on timers (furnaces, garden pots, compost bins, etc) make an area 'live'? 

For right now, I'm just sitting out at the spot I'm hoping to get resources at, to see if they come back, and if they do, how long it takes. Usually, it's a couple hours, even with the slider tamped down. 

Hey guys... I fixed this for myself by help of @Blabund.

I did those steps: 

1. Crank all 4 "resource" sliders down to the minimum (0.01), making note of the original values so you can set them back later (use the slider, don't type in a 0 or it will be set back to 1.0)
    1. Structure Prevent Resource Radius
    2. Resources Respawn Period
    3. No Resource Radius - Players
    4. No Resource Radius - Structures (no idea why there are 2 of these for structures, but I used both)
  2. Click "Play Single Player" to start your game.
  3.  And from now on I typed "slomo 20 " in console  and I used my Pteranodon to fly all acros the map where I want resource to spawn.
  4. After resource are spawned I exited from a game and set all 4 "resource" sliders to 0.5 and now resource spawn normal for me . U can set 3. and 4. to default value 1.0 if you don't have any resource spawn near your base.
  5.  I also set speed time of night and day to default value 1.0 and i'm not using cheat "settimeofday" anymore cause I think but I dont know for sure that this can interrupt resource spawn.

Archived