Anyone else having issues transferring dinos without Cryo?

Melcreif

Last couple of times I've tried putting dinos into drops I've seen the message " it says are you sure? Uploading the data will destroy your creature and everything in it's inventory."

I go ahead and click yes and then the dino just sits there and doesn't upload.  In the past I've not had issues uploading dinos so is this a new bug?  Of course the best way to transfer is with Cryopods but I don't have any at the moment.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Last couple of times I've tried putting dinos into drops I've seen the message " it says are you sure? Uploading the data will destroy your creature and everything in it's inventory."

I go ahead and click yes and then the dino just sits there and doesn't upload.  In the past I've not had issues uploading dinos so is this a new bug?  Of course the best way to transfer is with Cryopods but I don't have any at the moment.

That only happens when that specific creature was recently downloaded. Basically, when you download a creature on a server, you must wait at least 12 hours for it to be able to be uploaded again. Cryopodded creatures can be uploaded regardless of that cooldown.

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

That only happens when that specific creature was recently downloaded. Basically, when you download a creature on a server, you must wait at least 12 hours for it to be able to be uploaded again. Cryopodded creatures can be uploaded regardless of that cooldown.

Yep you're right, except I was also having this issue with creatures I had just tamed and had never been through the Ob before.  I tamed a Velo and was taking it back to the Island and had the same issue.  I ended up having to free up a Cryopod and just take him back that way.

FYI I put in a suggestion to remove the 12 hour restriction since it's very antiquated with the addition of Cryopods, don't you agree?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Melcreif said:

Yep you're right, except I was also having this issue with creatures I had just tamed and had never been through the Ob before.  I tamed a Velo and was taking it back to the Island and had the same issue.  I ended up having to free up a Cryopod and just take him back that way.

Yes, fresh tames can only be uploaded on the next server save. If you look carefully, the list tells you how long you must wait:

EBuLx1f.jpg

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Yes, fresh tames can only be uploaded on the next server save. If you look carefully, the list tells you how long you must wait:

EBuLx1f.jpg

Yep saw that too so I waited until the timer went down. but same issue I got the message and then the Velo wouldn't upload.  It wasn't that the icon was greyed out, it's just that when I clicked on it and accepted the destroyed dino message nothing happened.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Melcreif said:

Yep saw that too so I waited until the timer went down. but same issue I got the message and then the Velo wouldn't upload.  It wasn't that the icon was greyed out, it's just that when I clicked on it and accepted the destroyed dino message nothing happened.

No clue then. ?‍♂️

Archived