Dragon boss strategy help

Jakuson

Dragon boss strategy help

So me and my friends are getting ready for the alpha dragon boss, but we know that it's supposed to be really hard. We're not sure what we need to kill the boss on are first try. I know we want a yuty, but mainly I don't know what the stats should be for the rexes. How much health and damage, armor. Anything would help.

Armor means little in the Dragon fight.  It's fire breath does 20% of your hp damage so just go with highest armor you can to help negate dimorphs,  ptera, and dragon melee.

Stat wise I'm not sure since I used Theri's but I believe 30 to 35k hp and over 1000% melee yields best results when using Rex's in that fight.

Biggest thing is to not cross lava. Rex's get caught in that all the time and lose a big portion of their hp. Make it come to you before attacking and then pull them back to map border when it's flying.

Definitely check out some of the discussions on this forum.  In my opinion, this one is the best:

Fyi, I did Alpha Dragon 2 weeks ago, and had my Rex army turned to toast with only a sliver of the Dragon’s health left.  Army was:

1 Yuty (~20k Health and ~2k Stam).

1 dimorph on shoulder (leveled in melee, set to aggressive and ignore whistles).

18 Rexs: 30k Health, 1200% Melee, 118 saddles.

The trouble with the Rex strategy is the fire breath attack being % based and slow self-healing of Rexs.  Basically, once the Dragon uses the fire breath 5 times, expect to see red text.  The Dragon Fire-breathed earlier and more frequently than the previous time I fought him, so I expect my army was adequate if luck had rolled my way, but I don’t recommend relying on luck.  I would like to try again with Rexs at 1500% - 2000% Melee, but I am close to jumping on the Theri bandwagon.

Archived