Stackable foundations & other S+ stuff

ladyteruki

Suggestion

There are lots of things the Homestead update lacked compared to what S+ has to offer, even if you disregard the things considered too OP for basegame. Since S+ is not supported anymore, a lot of servers (including the one where I play) have decided to not use it anymore.
I've found that one of the things I miss the most are stackable foundations (the other being all the options of S+ railings & half-walls, including snap points with ceilings, but oh well, priorities).
It was not a S+ exclusive, but since S+ has been now added to basegame, I was expecting stuff like this to cross over.

Come on Ark, all the cool kids do it !

téléchargé.jpg

3 replies to this server topic

Conan exiles allows foundation stacking and has adjustment options for lowering or raising them without any need for workarounds. It allows for some truly amazing builds, like a staircase that wraps with the curvature of a mountainside. Simple change that would improve the game 10 fold.

A second thing conan did is isosceles triangles, so you could reliably interconnect triangles and squares to create round towers and more elaborate stylish structures without having to build the whole thing out of triangles.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, SapphireSam7 said:

And for those items that would have been "OP" or "Game Breaking" they still could have still added them, just not to the base game. It could have been a game option for unofficial, dedicated, and single players to activate on their servers as the chose too.

Or simply, they could have made them more expensive to build and to keep running. Make them consume expensive mats instead of (though I appreciate S+ using mats that otherwise were underused by Ark, like the propellant which frankly I don't use anymore without S+, and was inexpensive in the first place provided you played on a map that had cactus sap and sulfur). I hear the nanny was very popular ; maybe she could have run on element instead of beer or whatever she uses.

When I first heard about them adding S+ I was jumping for joy. I was so excited to get something new, and even better, we would finally be able to play with a mod that PC had been using for quite some time. Just after I read the news I went to the steam site and began reading all about it. What it had, what the comments read on about what worked and what didn't, I learned all I could. 

Then it was released. 

And while I am still appreciative of what was brought to the game, but I can't help but feel left out with all that was missed. 

Now I fully understand how some of the items may be considered "OP" or "Game Breaking". However, like you said, there were plenty on that list that wouldn't have broken the game that they could have added and they chose not to for whatever reason. 

And for those items that would have been "OP" or "Game Breaking" they still could have still added them, just not to the base game. It could have been a game option for unofficial, dedicated, and single players to activate on their servers as the chose too. This way official servers and gameplay could remain without the "OP" and "Game Breaking" factors but those of us who otherwise do not have access to mods could have a full serving, rather than just a taste of what PC gets in a buffet like setting with all the mods they have available.  

To do so they could have pushed out the release date, or even released it in phases.

• Phase one: Incorporate base game S+ engrams 
  • Phase two: Incorporate optional server settings for full S+ access

That is just me though, I know there will be those that may disagree or feel that I am asking for too much, but after so long without something new to play with, I am all for inclusion of items, engrams, and new items for console use. Even more so if they are optional items that the host can choose between. 

*this is from the perspective of an unofficial PVE xbox cluster server coder, admin, and player. 

Archived