Questions (Quetz Plat & Tek Grams)

TDavo

Questions (Quetz Plat & Tek Grams)

As the title states... 

1. Quetz platforms: I’m playing official pvp and have no issues hiding loot, uploading dinos overnight and generally living that solo life but one thing I’m struggling to get set up is breeding. I have my pairs and fert eggs from my old tribe but seeing as most bases get meat run’d and wiped on official I don’t really fancy leaving my lines laying around unprotected.

My thought process is hiding a quetz somewhere at the top of the map with fridge(s) and trough(s) might just work.. has anyone ever tried this? Or thoughts?

2. Tek gear and engrams: I understand tek gear and structure are not transferable from one server to the other but regarding engrams, if I beat a boss on one map and unlock the engrams can I then use those engrams on another server? 

Thanks in advance.

1) Search YouTube. Lots of videos showing Quetz sky bases. One thing I often see lacking is adequate defense though. Obviously can't use turrets but I think 50 vultures/dimorphs set to follow a passive dino could work since most people try to raid those bases with Wyv's. Hopefully they can buy you enough time to get on. 

2) Tek is transferable. Gear and structures. Only raw element and element shards aren't transferable. Element dust is transferable. Engrams unlocked can be used on any map as they are character specific.

16 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

1) Search YouTube. Lots of videos showing Quetz sky bases. One thing I often see lacking is adequate defense though. Obviously can't use turrets but I think 50 vultures/dimorphs set to follow a passive dino could work since most people try to raid those bases with Wyv's. Hopefully they can buy you enough time to get on. 

2) Tek is transferable. Gear and structures. Only raw element and element shards aren't transferable. Element dust is transferable. Engrams unlocked can be used on any map as they are character specific.

Thanks bro - I did have a look at YouTube but most of those videos are old and pre-weight nerf I believe? I was literally just after a few troughs and a safe haven for some babies. Thanks for the tips though.

Looks like my tek gram knowledge was also outdated so thanks for that lol.

3 minutes ago, TDavo said:

Thanks bro - I did have a look at YouTube but most of those videos are old and pre-weight nerf I believe? I was literally just after a few troughs and a safe haven for some babies. Thanks for the tips though.

Looks like my tek gram knowledge was also outdated so thanks for that lol.

No problem.

The Apex Way has a  couple of pretty recent Quetz base videos.

HOD Gaming was also using it for a little until it got raided. 

Good Luck

2 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

Only problem i could foresee is babies sinking through your platforms as they grow when you aren't there. Platforms are... fiddly in this game and cause alot of headaches.

4 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

No problem.

The Apex Way has a  couple of pretty recent Quetz base videos.

HOD Gaming was also using it for a little until it got raided. 

Good Luck

Thanks guys, I looked up a few videos on YouTube and another potential issue is that I saw quetz lose stam while you are even stood (not riding)on the plat, is this the case? If so would the quetz lose stam with babies sat on there? 

• 5 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, TDavo said:

Thanks guys, I looked up a few videos on YouTube and another potential issue is that I saw quetz lose stam while you are even stood (not riding)on the plat, is this the case? If so would the quetz lose stam with babies sat on there? 

Yeah they lose stam if there's a tame on the platform even if you're not on the platform, verified with super spyglass when I was doing some ark science for box taming quetzals with a very low level one

Archived