Proxy/alt tribes in PVE to bypass 500 tame limit, allowed or not?

Oli4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ErjiaOVO said:

My point is about bypassing the 500 dino limit per tribe

You are essentially using two tribes - it is allowed. 

Personally just use cryopods as then you dont have to log in with each character to refresh tames or use them for breeding etc etc

People do it, but its a waste of time in my opinion.

Yes, you can house another 500 dinos with your solution, but you cant use them effectively. Its a waste of space, and a waste of management.

Just now, BertNoobians said:

i want to trade and sell to 1000's of players.

Then you prioritize population over server quality. That's fine, its your choice. But increased population comes with increased diversity. It's a sandbox game, no 1 right way to play.

Some players want lots of dinos, this might include active breeders that cannot be put into cryo.

WC set the 500 tribe limit. So that the limit.

If families/individuals have multiple accounts (which each cost money), then they can choose to be multiple tribes.

Just now, Aylana314159 said:

Then you prioritize population over server quality. That's fine, its your choice. But increased population comes with increased diversity. It's a sandbox game, no 1 right way to play.

Some players want lots of dinos, this might include active breeders that cannot be put into cryo.

WC set the 500 tribe limit. So that the limit.

If families/individuals have multiple accounts (which each cost money), then they can choose to be multiple tribes.

rules can be changed so that we all enjoy the game better. allthough with cryopods things have improved greatly.

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

Is this directed at WC? How can @BertNoobians control Wildcard's server hardware? Do you have a solution or just shooting down every post?

I was just pointing out a specific player's priority. It's part of basic decision making skills.

There exist servers run on better hardware than official. It's a players choice to pick how/where they want to play.

Official server hardware is set and so are the settings.

Once again, its a sandbox game. If a player wanted to build some epic structure, they could, it's their choice. WC already set structure limits.

7 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

rules can be changed so that we all enjoy the game better. allthough with cryopods things have improved greatly.

This goes back to the original topic. If WC reduces the tribe limit, more alt tribes will be formed.

There will always be someone who leaves dinos out on purpose. But breeding and specifically mutations is what active dinos are needed for.

Maybe some tek/cryo/structure should be introduced to facilitate breeding. Or even DNA extraction type "test tube breeding". This way MASS breeding dosen't require active dinos.

Personally, I was part of a two man tribe that was at 450 tames after 2 months.  Lots of everything, a couple of this, a couple of that.  We were at 64 dimorphodon's alone (breeding for caves).  We contemplated forming separate tribes to handle the cap.  There is absolutely nothing wrong as we both paid for the right, good thing we didn't start Jerboa farming.

1 hour ago, BTH said:

Personally, I was part of a two man tribe that was at 450 tames after 2 months.  Lots of everything, a couple of this, a couple of that.  We were at 64 dimorphodon's alone (breeding for caves).  We contemplated forming separate tribes to handle the cap.  There is absolutely nothing wrong as we both paid for the right, good thing we didn't start Jerboa farming.

You're right but I got itchy when me and my tribemate hit 300 one time. I culled that as quickly as I could, down to 230. 

Once they introduced cryopods my numbers plummeted to below 100. That's with me breeding Argy's, having a full boss set, full farming set, a wyv, a Griffin, base defense, Giga, and a few odds and ends (Ravager to move stuff around the base, Tape for ally/trade transport, Drake for desert run, Gacha's and Owls for cheap farming). 

It is possible to do that. It is possible to cryo dino's until they are needed. My Bronto once every 2 weeks to restock berries, Snails and Beetles when I dipped below 1/2 vault of cp/fert.

No one needs to of course but the amount of lag reduced was noticeable and the upkeep was so much easier since I was solo at that time.

14 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You're right but I got itchy when me and my tribemate hit 300 one time. I culled that as quickly as I could, down to 230. 

Once they introduced cryopods my numbers plummeted to below 100. That's with me breeding Argy's, having a full boss set, full farming set, a wyv, a Griffin, base defense, Giga, and a few odds and ends (Ravager to move stuff around the base, Tape for ally/trade transport, Drake for desert run, Gacha's and Owls for cheap farming). 

It is possible to do that. It is possible to cryo dino's until they are needed. My Bronto once every 2 weeks to restock berries, Snails and Beetles when I dipped below 1/2 vault of cp/fert.

No one needs to of course but the amount of lag reduced was noticeable and the upkeep was so much easier since I was solo at that time.

Yea, we were exactly same, luckily we got a couple of cryopods from Raptorclause and someone gave us a fridge.  I have since then got a few boss runs in and made a replicator, so I have 6 full fridges (breeding argies, raptors, rexes and now theri's) and I agree that there is a noticeable  difference.

20 minutes ago, Kingordep said:

Plus why would you want to feed 500 dinos daily max dinos I have out of cryo is 125 or so. I have well over 1k dinos in cryo alone. I hate the constant feeding of dinos so having less out means I can do more of what I want 

With the cryopod cool down, it's better to keep your breeders active. Guess you don't breed for mutations.

Edit: this isn't about breeding cooldown, but cryopod cooldown/sickness.

Takes what 20 mins max for Rex's to wake up mate them then recryopod them that's what I do while they are cryosick I go farm meat or do something else then bread 50 Rex's or whatever dino I'm working on and recryo rinse and repeat every 2 days. Beats feeding 500 dinos daily 

7 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I am taking about mass releasing a bunch of females. Doesn't work so well.

Archived