have the ability to turn off the gaining of levels/engram pts on creative mode

Liviathan

Suggestion

have the ability to turn off the gaining of levels/engram pts on creative mode

So I'm very new here, and I'm interested in making beautiful and silly looking bases with lots of tames.  But I also really enjoy earning the engrams for the survival part of the game.  And this most recent playthrough, I tried to build a pretty base on creative.  Which kept filling my inventory with the pieces of building I continually demolished, and I kept dropping those as I hadn't earned them and wanted to earn the items to build tools with later.  So I could drop the unearned building parts easily enough.  But laying a bunch of building parts in creative somehow earned me like 40 levels?  And hundreds of engram points?  My character is still unclothed.  I've done virtually nothing to have all of these levels.  So now the only way to earn engrams, after building the base, is to memorize which ones were earned and which ones were given to me on creative?  And even then I've heard that there's a max level, so I'm going to have to just award myself more engram points every once in a while?

I just wish I could turn off things like gathering demolished items and engrams/levels while in creative mode?  I mean I get why some people might want them, but I don't personally?  Because I'd like to just be a newbie with a cool-looking base, who could still play the survivor part?  I mean I realize that I could also have hacked down a ton of trees and played for a long time to get all the metal and windows and everything, without using creative mode.  But it seems like the options are "live in a hut and slowly build larger and more unique bases" or "earn nothing in the game and be awarded everything automatically".  So you can't just build vast and personalized bases, then proceed to earn everything else, like tames/tools/etc.  And I'd really like the ability to do that, although the game's awesome even without it.

1 reply to this server topic

Archived