Lighting wyvern to tame a titan?

serpy

Couple days ago on singleplayer I got myself a 228 lighting Wyvern Egg, that thing is a beast and 100% imprint makes it unstoppable, literally even gigas cant kill it. But could I use it to tame a titan? Forest titan specifically. I know they are good against desert titans and absolutely demolish them but could I nock off all its corrupted nodes before I end up killing it? I don’t wanna figure this out on my own I really don’t wanna lose that wyvern and I’m too broke to afford a decent Mek blueprint any suggestions for other tames to use will help aswell.

On 5/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, serpy said:

Couple days ago on singleplayer I got myself a 228 lighting Wyvern Egg, that thing is a beast and 100% imprint makes it unstoppable, literally even gigas cant kill it. But could I use it to tame a titan? Forest titan specifically. I know they are good against desert titans and absolutely demolish them but could I nock off all its corrupted nodes before I end up killing it? I don’t wanna figure this out on my own I really don’t wanna lose that wyvern and I’m too broke to afford a decent Mek blueprint any suggestions for other tames to use will help aswell.

Since it's on singleplayer why not spawn one in? You could try it out and see if it's a good choice.  My thought is the lightening can be a bit erratic so would do damage to the titan, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

Since it's on singleplayer why not spawn one in? You could try it out and see if it's a good choice.  My thought is the lightening can be a bit erratic so would do damage to the titan, but I could be wrong.

Cause first off it’s cheating and it’s also cheating to unlock the engrams, I am very against commands in my current playthrough, unlike the last one.. ;-;

54 minutes ago, serpy said:

Cause first off it’s cheating and it’s also cheating to unlock the engrams, I am very against commands in my current playthrough, unlike the last one.. ;-;

Eh is it?  Call it an experiment.  You could then destroy the 2nd Lightening.  Also it doesn't take Engrams to spawn in a Wyvern.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, serpy said:

Wyverns don't have any armor so i'd imagine they'd take massive damage from a titan. Which Titan were you wanting to tame? I doubt a wyvern could be used for the desert titan since the flock will surely dismount you constantly. It only takes  the desert titan 3-4 hits on my owl with 10k hp to be seeing red  (over half hp gone) and it's got a 124 armor saddle.

I've found that the best ways to tame the various titans are:

Desert Titan: Snow Owl w/good saddle (recommended, not required if you fly good), high stam, and 10k hp. Highly recommend Tek jetpack for if/when you're dismounted. You can also use parachutes or glider suit.

Ice Titan: I've used both high lvl Mek's or a Managarmr. Not sure how well a mana will do after all these nerfs though.

Forest Titan: Mek. I've also seen people use a Tapejara with a tek saddle on it. Use the lasers.

Archived