Base defense

fbcoachjoa

18 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Its an ever evolving meta of what works and what does not.

Right now there currently is no way to defend as people will just undermine your base. I know i’m probably getting annoying with all this whining, but i lost a years worth of building to a mesher AFTER I successfully repelled his tribe’s attacks. So i’m probably never gonna stop complaining about it until some action is taken. Can’t be that hard to make any area under the map/textures an insta-kill zone

4 hours ago, fbcoachjoa said:

Base defense

How to best defend against off line raids.  Guns get tanked. Animals may get baited out. Physical walls get destroyed. Velos?  Different turrets ? What's the best mix or system to stop the threat. 

You can't 'stop the threat'. The trick is to make it not worth the effort. Personally, I'd be tempted to use the opportunity to try out some interesting defense tactics used in cyber security... such as a 'honeypot'. Basically, an obvious temptation designed to keep an attacker busy while the true valuables remain elsewhere.Waste someone's time with mind tricks and they'll soon move on to greener pastures. 

It's like the old joke about not having to be faster than the dinos... just faster than your tribe mates. ;)

Archived