achievements More Achievements

Zahlea

Suggestion

More Achievements

I really like achievements and there aren't that many in the game. I would love to see some more and especially some map specific achievements. So this is me asking for new achievements - any achievements! :D 

Of course I have a lot of ideas for new achievements... But I don't like putting too much in a suggestion as it makes it hard to click upvote if you don't agree with everything. So I'll try something new: This main post is just for upvoting that there should be more achievements and I'll post my suggestions for each map in comments so that they can be up- or downvoted individually! :) 

With how people were complaining that the new kibble system removed a sense of progress, I'm thinking that achievements could add some of that again!

6 replies to this server topic

Vanilla ARK

Spoiler

Percent of dinos tamed
Just like the explorer note achievements give a sense of progression in 10% increments, maybe we could get the same with how many dinos we've tamed?

Tamed all flying creatures on the Island
Tamed all land creatures on the Island
Tamed all aquatic creatures on the Island

This could be instead of the one above, or even in addition to it (I'd love to have both!). There are so many dinos to tame, I'd love for there to be achivements for getting part of the way.

Hatching a fertilised egg
Or, if that's easier, claiming a newborn baby (again, I'd love both). I really miss a sense of progression when it comes to breeding.

Hatching/claiming a newborn baby with a mutation and/or 
Hatching/claiming a newborn baby with all maximum stats from its parents
Again, more achievements for breeding would be amazing.

New generation
Hatching/claiming a baby dino of each sex in the same species, e.g. a male and a female Rex.

Building a thatch house
Building a wooden house
Building a stone house
Building a metal house

I imagine "a house" would just be an enclosed area.

Taming a max level dino
"Max level" being the max for the server (no Tek), like a lvl 150 on a difficulty 5 server. I realise there are issues with this as you can game it by making a single player difficulty 1 server and quite easily get the achievement... but I still like it and think it worth mentioning.

Tame a Titanosaur
Well, that's really an achievement!

Killing a dinosaur of each species
A little blood thirsty, mayhaps, but I still think it somewhat of a measure of how much one has been playing.

Killing a Giganotosaurus and/or
Killing a Titanosaur
Well again, that's an achievement!

Killing an Alpha: Raptor/Carno/Rex/Megalodon/Mosasaur/Tusoteuthis/Leedsichtys
Yeah, I really think each is an achievement. It's really cool the first time, so why not an achievement for it?

Collecting all types of resources on The Island
Having collected at least one of each of the resources on the island. Would be a nice check box at having discovered all resources :)

Growing one of each advanced crop (and/or all growable crops)
It'd be nice with some farming related achievements as well.

Fertilising a crop
Using fertiliser - it takes a bit before you get there so I feel it's a milestone.

Growing a Plant Species X
That's a bit of a milestone in farming/defense as well!

Cooking all recepies
Not counting custom recipes of course, but all the "standard" recipes. Whether or not Mindwipe should be in here could be up for debate.

Forgetfulness
Couldn't resist naming this one: using a mindwipe tonic!

Cooking and/or creating a custom recipe
I've actually never done it... could get more people to try it out :)

Scorched Earth

Spoiler

Surviving Super Heat/Sandstorm/Electrical Storm
Most, I feel that surviving Super Heat is an achievement, but maybe the others as well.

Surviving Heat Stroke

Tame all dinos of Scorched Earth
It would be nice to know I've found and seen all the dinos included in Scorched Earth (without having to find all the dossiers and compare). Any dinos already tamed for the The Island achievement would already be checked, I imagine.

Defeat the boss of Scorched Earth
If defeating a boss isn't an achievement, I don't know what is :P 

Building an adobe house
I imagine "a house" would just be an enclosed area.

Uncover more than 80% of the mini-map
I really do think this should be an achievement! Encourage exploration - why not?

Discover certain areas
Like basegame has an achievement for finding the Highest Peak/Lowest Depth

Collect all Scorched Earth artifacts
Again, this is definitely a sign of progress.

Collect all Scorched Earth Explorer notes
As is this :D But this could also be divided into percentage groups like the base game version of the achievement is... maybe not for every 10% though, maybe 50% or every 25%?

Collecting all types of resources in Scorched Earth
I like the idea of the sense of achievement from having found all the resources and being told so so that I know I've found them all (without having to look it up). Could be only the map specific resources, or all present in which case I imagine the resources present in multiple maps would count towards all achievements.

Growing a Plant Species Y

Disclaimer: I haven't played the DLC maps so some achievements may seem a little bit off. In that case, please let me know :) 

Aberration

Spoiler

Tame all dinos of Aberration
It would be nice to know I've found and seen all the dinos included in Aberration (without having to find all the dossiers and compare). Any dinos already tamed for the The Island achievement would already be checked, I imagine.

Defeat the boss of Aberration
Well, defeating a boss sure is an achievement!

Surviving all seasons/a "year"
This is quite the new mechanic and it would be nice with an achievement to encourage experiencing it!

Catching fish
Kind of the same as above :P 

Exploration should be encouraged, imo :) 

Discover certain areas
Same as above. I think of this like how basegame  has achievements for finding the Highest Peak/Lowest Depth. Maybe getting to the surface could be one?

Collect all Aberration artifacts
Encouragement to explore again.

Collect all Aberration Explorer notes
Same as above. The game is so beautiful, exploration should really be encouraged! :) 

? Collecting all types of resources on Aberration
Could be all resources present on Aberration or only the map specific. As with dinos I imagine any resources present in multiple maps would count for all achievements.

? Growing a Plant Species Z

Disclaimer: I haven't played the DLC maps so some achievements may seem a little bit off. In that case, please let me know :) 

Extinction

Spoiler

Tame all dinos of Extinction
I like the idea of the game letting me know when I've found all the new dinos, without having to first find all the dossiers and then make sure I've seen them all. Any dinos present in other maps as well would count for both/all achievements, I imagine.

Defeat the boss of Extinction
Beating bosses sure are an achievement (or the boss is too easy ;) ).

Defeat/tame each of the titans
A mini-boss is still a boss :D 

I think achievements should encourage exploration when the game is as beautiful as ARK is.

Discover certain areas
Same as above. These are like the basegame achievements for finding the Highest Peak/Lowest Depth.

Collect all Extinction artifacts
Again, the exploration :)

Collect all Extinction Explorer notes
Same as above.

Collecting all types of resources on Extinction 
I like the idea of the sense of achievement from having found all the resources and being told so so that I know I've found them all (without having to look it up). Could be only the map specific resources, or all present in which case I imagine the resources present in multiple maps would count towards all achievements.

In the discussion thread I made about this, @Royalstar made a good suggestion about an achievement for The Center that I really liked, so it's included here:

The Center

Spoiler

Exploration should be encouraged!

Discover certain areas
Same as above :) This is like the achievements in the basegame for finding the Highest Peak/Lowest Depth.

Another couple of great suggestions by @Royalstar from the discussion thread I made about achievements. This one is about Ragnarok:

Ragnarok

Spoiler

Exploration should be encouraged!

Discover certain areas
Same as above :) This is like the achievements in the basegame for finding the Highest Peak/Lowest Depth.

Defeat the bosses of Ragnarok
Winning boss fights are an achievement, for sure!

Killing Ice worm/Lava golem

Taming a griffin

Successfully navigating the labyrinth

Archived