No Hostiles Beginner Servers

GreenRoc

Suggestion

Suggestion: I want beginner servers to have ZERO NPC hostiles. This is 100% configurable (I done it on my Singleplayer).

My thoughts/opinions/stories/etc:

Defensive creatures are ok imo, like trikes and stegos. But things that attack without poking them (or cause other creatures to attack), I would not want them on beginner servers (i.e. carnos, dragonflies, pachyrhinos, etc)

I have heard from many people's first moments of Ark.. Most (if not all) of them died to a creature, many of them died in less than 5 minutes, and some of them died before they could figure out how to pick up rocks, or even open their inventory.

Many of them never tried Ark again.

My first attempt at Ark (August 2015), I was blinded by a wild dilo in less than a minute in game, and quickly died, there were two dilos there where I spawned.
But because I was there to help a friend, I kept going. Died to dilos again. I still didnt know how to make a stone pick, nor punched a single tree yet.

20k hours later, I still die to stuff. But I have a base and tames to help make item recovery much much easier, and deaths happen far less often.

Beginner servers need to be for those who do not know how to play Ark, and give them a chance to learn how to control their character. and also for those who would like to play Ark without getting attacked by anything (heck, I might even play there if there were no hostiles).

Both PvP and PvE should be beginner game modes (but if I had it my way, only PvE).

Summary/TL;DR:
I suggest more survivability in Beginner Servers for those who dont know how to pick up rocks (yet).

13 replies to this server topic

On 5/16/2019 at 4:04 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Sounds like you rented a server that was for a difference purpose and didn't have the hardware to run Ark. That's your fault

BlueFang Solutions, and the servers were for Ark, modded Ark too.

Please dont point fingers at me when I was using a business who provides servers for renting to play on Ark maps. I dont take to kindly to such attacks, especially when it isnt my fault.

Also, your survival game is different from my survial game, you make that very clear, and I understand that players have different preferences (no brainer) and have been met with many numerous occasions with people who do not play or enjoy what i play and enjoy, and try every which way to invalidate how I would like to play, because they themselves do not enjoy a game like I do.

My survival game... I feed my avatar, I craft things, build things, hang out with friends, friends who like games like I like games.

No hostile survival game = The Sims Online. The first Multiplayer game I have played, and it was a survival game. No hostiles, and avatar maintenance only took up a small portion of what was done in game. Sim homes were made to aid in that survival, as well as look pretty, and have as a home to hang out with friends, and socialize.

Outside of my personal preference, I have known MANY players who never played ark but really want to (but dont, for it's too easy to die and lose stuff), others who tried to play but never got to their first night because they couldn't figure out the controls before dying to some dilo or raptor. They have seen footage and gameplay, they love dinosaurs, passionately adore dinosaurs, and play a lot of Minecraft too... but they mentally cannot handle all the dangers in Ark, HATE dying and losing stuff, so they have to settle for just watching, when they really really want to play, to have control of where the camera looks, or what tames are ridden on, bred, built, etc.

They know they cant enjoy the eye candy for themselves, because the game is far too dangerous, even in beginner servers, it is too much NON-fun in there.

Singleplayer will NOT do... Singleplayer is Singleplayer, meaning there is no one but the one. Singleplayer takes out a large chunk of why I like Ark: my Tribemate.

On 5/14/2019 at 4:01 PM, Aylana314159 said:

single player mode

That would be cool too. A few of the stories of these players who played and never looked back, some of them tried singleplayer, and gave up after they died. Then there are players who refuse to edit the configs, they think it's cheating. A mode selection would likely encourage them to try a version where they have more survivability.

I had suggested no hostiles for specialty servers. I havent seen it come up.

I dont feel that Beginner servers are for beginners.. In those servers, do first-time players die before they know how to play? I haven't played beginner servers, so I am not sure how it plays. I suppose I could try it, but if it has hostiles, then I dont feel it is a beginner server. Lower Level cap doesnt usually help someone new to Ark survive better imo. Level 5 dilos can still be fatal to a level 1 human who doesn't know how to fight back.

Maybe a Tutorial mode, a small little place for people to learn the game SAFELY, without dying before they have a chance to experience what this game has to offer.

I was lucky to join a tribe on my first day (after my deaths, someone carried me to their base with an argent). They gave me metal tools and Flak right away, but they were people I had known for months previously.

I guess some people just aren't that lucky.

I would personally like a no-hostiles server, so me and my tribemate can play together. I had an unofficial, rented my own, but Ark uses way too much of the CPU, so I had to shut it down. Too much CPU with no mods, and less than 200 structures, less than 4 dinos. Server host companies wont allow server hogs like that.

Singleplayer and Unofficial Wont do!
I need Wildcard to host it. This is why I suggest (emphasis on suggest) for official. Not singleplayer, not Unofficial, but Official. I would like a non-hostiles Official Server so me and my tribemate can play on a server together. There's at least two of us (and maybe more non-active players) who'd hop on board if it was a server where it wasnt so freaking easy to die.

Edit to add:

If it were up to me, I'd never want do die, or lose my items I collected, AND all the while help my friends with breeding, building, taming and more! There is no other game even close to the eye candy that Ark delivers to my pleasure centers (I've tried Atlas, Conan Exiles, Dark and Light, none of them are as good as Ark imo). I dont want/like/enjoy the feeling of horrific terror (I hate adrenaline, it HURTS) that comes with the fear of every hostile in this game, nor do I want to spend most of my real life time on keeping the weaker-than-dilo avatar alive.

I want to play Ark, without worry, without fear, without hostile wild creatures.

Love the artists of this game. You blow my mind with eye-candy goodness that looks so real! I LOVE YOU

Why waste my time playing with Ovipets, Neopets, or (dare I say Minecraft) when I can play with Ark creatures...
But Ark added all of this death and survival in to this amazingly beautiful game, and I just wish I could enjoy all the breeding, building, hoarding, collecting, harvesting, farming, socializing (etc) that Ark has to offer, without fear of losing any of this stuff I spent my real time on.

What if it was just one server, just one, Island, PvE. Just one. I wonder how many would flock to it if they knew about it. I know I would join. I'd tell all my friends who quit Ark, to come back and play.
Unofficial wont do, they just shut those down too fast.

10 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

Also, your survival game is different from my survial game, you make that very clear.

My survival game... I feed my avatar, I craft things, build things, hang out with friends.

No hostiles.

That's fine. Ark is designed to be very customizable. But a no hostile server dosen't belong on official. 

There are options available for you to get what you want.

Please dont point fingers at me when I was using a business who rents servers for Ark. I dont take to kindly to such attacks, especially when it isnt my fault.

It is your responsibility if you choose to rent a server to actually figure out how to successfully manage it. Maybe you did something wrong in setup. 

game is far too dangerous

Sound like you need to learn to play better. Ark should be dangerous. If you want absolutely 0 danger God mode exists for single player mode.

24 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

It is your responsibility if you choose to rent a server to actually figure out how to successfully manage it. Maybe you did something wrong in setup. 

dude, please stop beating on a dead horse. I have rented from BFS for years. Literally years. No issues. No changes, no problems.
Homestead came around, and that was too much for it. I changed NOTHING, other than updated.

I play for fun. Ark doesnt have to be dangerous. 22k hours, and you think I need to learn to "play better"?

I tend to give people benefit of the doubt far past what someone else would, when I feel like they are being trolly, so this is why I still respond, still state my position on my suggestion, because I am doubtful if you are a troll or not, but you are slowly getting there imo.

You have already expressed your dislike of my suggestion. So please leave it for people who do agree with me. I know I am not alone in this desire for this kind of suggestion. Those same people, some do not look at forums because of how hostile they can be, and they don't like hostility, just like your insults. So please move on if all you have to say are attacks to try to make me look like I'm some irresponsible idiot. I dont think you would like it if someone tried to insult what you are passionate about.

This is a suggestion, because of something that doesn't exist that I would like to have. And it is fully possible to have in Ark if only the game owners would make it an option, so this is for them to know how I would like to have a server, how I like to play my game, what I find that is fun and enjoyable and would make me play more Ark.

I want to help others who do not play Ark but want to play, actually have a server they can come in and play that isnt gonna piss them off every second, a server that they can enjoy, because life has enough dilos for them to stress over, and they want something they can enjoy and relax with.

More players, more business, more money for Wildcard.

My suggestion is for something that is possible with Ark's current code. Configs that already exist that can make it happen. And I want a server, official server, so my tribemate and many others would join me. They don't play unofficial because of the instability of it's existence.

I have heard you suggest unofficial and singleplayer, more than once.... but those aren't workable solutions. My friends wont play unofficial due to it's instability, and they wont play my singleplayer, because well... singleplayer.

" If they were really smart they'd make an easier server "
A quote from my friend.
" they do have to consider their major player base. That is their bread and butter. "

I dont argue that, and for that player base there are servers out there that already exist.

Is it too much trouble to add just one server where there are no hostiles, on the official network. Just one.
What harm would it be to dedicate one server for people like me?

" It would get filled up pretty quickly I'd imagine "
that'd be my prediction as well.

15 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I haven't insulted you.

You have. I'm sorry you dont see how you have insulted me.

If I was in better spirits I'd probably be able to phrase myself  better. I apologize if I come off as hostile. I am defensive for sure right now...

I still would like to have this way of playing Ark, WITH my friends. I know this is unlike a lot of people's way of playing Ark, but I know I am not alone in this desire. I wish me and my friends could enjoy this game, without losing progress.

Games imo should be fun, and fun is different for other people. My kind of fun involves eye candy, buildings, helping friends, and doesn't include lost progress or dying easily, nor having to tend to keeping an avatar alive for most of the time, when I would rather be building and harvesting.

Many others cant play the game because the 'challenges' (RAPTORS ATTACK! WE DIE! Run back to get our items we spent hours collecting DIE AGAIN, THIS IS NOT FUN) are not their kind of fun. The eye candy, breeding, dinos, building, harvesting, and with friends, that is their kind of fun.

If only there was a mod so all the tames are friendly, but then it would need to be programmed and updated, and then whoever made it would lose interest and stop updating and the the mod breaks, and back to square one.

When it comes to the sights of the game, AND DINOS there is no other game like it. The artists for this game are some of the best I have ever laid eyes on, and I LOVE it. and building oooo that tickles my pleasure centers... and breeding, with genetics and mutations ooooooo FUN.

This aint no Ovipets (which I like btw)

I remembered this morning another reason why I need No Hostile Server: the need to walk away at any given second. Cant be doing that in regular Ark, because of hostiles, so on official I rarely go where I'd encounter hostiles for this reason as well. Sometimes my character starves to death in the base, because I had to step away. I can recover from that, get my stuff back. I cant recover the same for venturing into those areas with hostiles.

Real life can take priority, and suddenly. Cant get back to base in time, because that takes, well, Flyer nerf and all that slowness and limited stamina, ground mounts have to wade through so many hostiles to get to a safe place. Seconds count, in both real life and Ark.

I can imagine situations of roomates pulling a player away from a PC (parents, wives, husbands, kids significant others, etc etc), beyond a player's control sometimes. I am not subject to that sudden departure due to another person in my home, but I am subject to other causes that will take me away from the PC in under a minute, at any unexpected moment.

I wonder how many potential players do not play because of their need to walk away immediately.

Again I elaborate why Unofficial and Singleplayers will not work for my situations....

Singleplayer lacks my tribemate. I play to help her, to cheer both of us up with happy visuals. Singleplayer wont give that joy to us. sure, singleplayers can pause for those moments needing to suddenly walk away, but it lacks my tribemate, making singleplayer not as joyous as servers.

Unofficial is unstable. Mods added, or removed. Admins or owners getting bored and closing the server. It's unstable, unpredictable. Could lose all of our work over someone else's rules or feelings.

My tribemate knows players on official that she talks to and interacts with in the official network. Trades and tames and social she may want to engage in, and those exist on official servers. I dont want to tear her away from that for an unstable unofficial.

Singleplayer and Unofficial, which I have tried both, numerous times, and none of them have ever been like my time with my tribemate on official, nothing compares to the joy I have playing with her.

Again I emphasize... This is a SUGGESTION. I do not EXPECT it, but I do strongly strongly hope for it to happen someday. They have asked community for server suggestions in the past. This is my suggestion for a possible future for a server. If one server is put out there like this, I wonder if it would be filled to capacity... It just might.

1 minute ago, GreenRoc said:

You have. I'm sorry you dont see how you have insulted me.

" That's your fault "
" It is your responsibility if you choose to rent a server to actually figure out how to successfully manage it. Maybe you did something wrong in setup.  "
" Sound like you need to learn to play better. "

Those are just observations based on what you said. I haven't called you any names or insulted you. 

Plenty of people have successfully run unofficial servers. So your story of no mods and very few structures/dinos leads to the logic conclusion that its likely your server wasn't configured properly, since every single unofficial server owner isn't complaining.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:48 AM, GreenRoc said:

I had an unofficial, rented my own, but Ark uses way too much of the CPU, so I had to shut it down. Too much CPU with no mods, and less than 200 structures, less than 4 dinos. Server host companies wont allow server hogs like that.

11 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

22k hours

And you are still calling Ark dangerous?

I am out of this conversation. As I said before, good luck with your quest.

13 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

And you are still calling Ark dangerous?

I am out of this conversation. As I said before, good luck with your quest.

Yes it is dangerous, a lot of this game I do not enjoy. Adrenaline causes me physical pain so I try to avoid hostiles and stressors as much as I can. There is a lot of this game I never go out and deal with, because it is too stressful, too painful, I dont like lost progress, lost items. Ark has many facets, and I dont enjoy all of them, but some of the pieces I am super passionate and love so much, and those things in Ark are the best things imo, out of all of the games out there. Nothing compares to it.

I'm sorry it didn't work out well for me, I got very defensive, one of my personality flaws some say, I am working on that, not sure I'll ever break from it, but I hope I do, for this conversation was quite unpleasant for me. Thank you, I appreciate that, good luck in your adventures too, as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

5 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I had an unofficial, rented my own, but Ark uses way too much of the CPU, so I had to shut it down. Too much CPU with no mods, and less than 200 structures, less than 4 dinos. Server host companies wont allow server hogs like that.

Sounds like you rented a server that was for a difference purpose and didn't have the hardware to run Ark. That's your fault, there is lots of documentation on what it takes to run a server and server hardware.

5 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

Singleplayer and Unofficial Wont do!
I need Wildcard to host it. This is why I suggest (emphasis on suggest) for official. Not singleplayer, not Unofficial, but Official. I would like a non-hostiles Official Server so me and my tribemate can play on a server together. There's at least two of us (and maybe more non-active players) who'd hop on board if it was a server where it wasnt so freaking easy to die.

I am saying the opposite. This kind of niche playstyle belongs on custom unofficial servers or single player mode. This wouldn't even be PvE. You would remove nearly all environment threats. That not what a survival game is meant to be.

Single player mode has creative toggle button. There exists admin commands for either God mode or invisible to creatures. Maybe these could be added as toggle buttons to this same menu.  I don't really see a difference between typing a cheat code and clicking a button, but maybe you would think that legatimatizes it.

20 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

Suggestion: I want beginner servers to have ZERO NPC hostiles. This is 100% configurable (I done it on my Singleplayer).

My thoughts/opinions/stories/etc:

Defensive creatures are ok imo, like trikes and stegos. But things that attack without poking them (or cause other creatures to attack), I would not want them on beginner servers (i.e. carnos, dragonflies, pachyrhinos, etc)

I have heard from many people's first moments of Ark.. Most (if not all) of them died to a creature, many of them died in less than 5 minutes, and some of them died before they could figure out how to pick up rocks, or even open their inventory.

Many of them never tried Ark again.

My first attempt at Ark (August 2015), I was blinded by a wild dilo in less than a minute in game, and quickly died, there were two dilos there where I spawned.
But because I was there to help a friend, I kept going. Died to dilos again. I still didnt know how to make a stone pick, nor punched a single tree yet.

20k hours later, I still die to stuff. But I have a base and tames to help make item recovery much much easier, and deaths happen far less often.

Beginner servers need to be for those who do not know how to play Ark, and give them a chance to learn how to control their character. and also for those who would like to play Ark without getting attacked by anything (heck, I might even play there if there were no hostiles).

Both PvP and PvE should be beginner game modes (but if I had it my way, only PvE).

Summary/TL;DR:
I suggest more survivability in Beginner Servers for those who dont know how to pick up rocks (yet).

So let me get this straight, you play 14 hours a day every day since you started and you are still having issues? And why does this need to be an official mmo option, you can already learn everything needed from the way you stated in single player.

Archived