Community Crunch 181: Auto-Decay Back Next Week & Social Roundup!

StudioWildcard

31 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Better than logging on to find your base gone, or learning of a lot of other people losing vaults, bases, etc. Remember this all started because of a rollback after an update that destroyed a few vaults. It would really be a bad experience if we had to go through it all again. 

At least this way, no one can say they didn’t have ample warning. If players don’t refresh their timers this week, players can only blame themselves if anything vanishes. 

Kudos for WC keeping their word, and props for doing it with a correction. 

So your saying because decay hasnt been active people havent been playing and refreshing their bases?  I play so I know I dont have to worry about my stuff disappearing.

1 hour ago, Tattare said:

So your saying because decay hasnt been active people havent been playing and refreshing their bases?  I play so I know I dont have to worry about my stuff disappearing.

I’m saying that people that trusted there would be a warning owe WC a bit of thanks. 

I literally know a couple that planned their honeymoon around it, and several others that used the opportunity to go on a long needed vacation. Personally, I appreciate it because while I remained active in servers, characters and accounts, it saved me a lot of time refreshing outposts and such. It would be a real pain to have to rebuild taming traps and alternative biome bases. 

I’m really impressed with how they’ve handled the mess, and it’s even more commendable they didn’t hesitate to post a correction.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Most players don't frequent the forums at all. So yes, this will be interesting.

Grapevine. 

A lot of players don’t check the forums, but most players know someone that does and can’t wait to brag about having the latest news. Even I have to admit that I first heard the later corrected news at around midnight in server chat. 

Negativity:  What optimistic people call objectivity when they don't like the answer....

I'd like to see a few things.  We have pods, lower the tribe cap.  We have 4x walls and such, lower the object cap.  We have dedicated storage, tweak the item cap... 

Thank you for the mesh optimization, but make the struggle real.  The biggest problem this game has, bar none, is lag.  Attack it.  Shred it.  Take risks.  Use a tightening noose to "encourage" players to be more wise and efficient with their bases, resources, and tames.  This is the laggiest game I've ever loved, and I do really love it, but lag is real.  It takes a toll.  Really appreciate all the work you're doing, so keep up the great work!

Oh, and yeah, breeding events.  Pods, remember?  Thank you.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

lol chat moderation on pc?

our server logged so many tickets about illegal activities, anti-western messages and hacking being discussed on our legacy server and guess what?

"customer support is not available for legacy server"

/ticketclosed

don't make me laugh. @Jen

That's what makes them Legacy server, no support. Been that way since the game was officially released. Nothing new here.

Guest EnergyDrink

How about keeping a list of known bugs in official weekly crunch that is posted every week?
And maybe comments on them with estimated time of fix.

So everyone would be informed, and would not complain every week about the same things.

Also, those updates from yesterday, didnt change anything, still lags a lot.

1 hour ago, HiImZech said:

lol chat moderation on pc?

our server logged so many tickets about illegal activities, anti-western messages and hacking being discussed on our legacy server and guess what?

"customer support is not available for legacy server"

/ticketclosed

don't make me laugh. @Jen

If it bothers you so much, why do you continue to play on Legacy knowing it's treated worse than P+ (which is pretty bad)?

Kinda sad to see auto-decay coming back.  I know it's absolutely necessary with PVE, but not so much with PVP. Seeing the remnames of half destroyed bases is great and they can be useful for small tribes starting out.  We built a very small base hidden in the woods and we use the Smithy and forges in an old raft that was abandoned.  I guess we'll have to build our own now.

Здравствуйте, уважаемые разработчики, я играю с братом в ark на одной консоли, там есть ограничение, из-за которого невозможно далеко уйти и что-то делать, у меня к вам есть огромная просьба, не могли бы вы пожалуйста убрать это ограничение?

Edited by Sektor
Опечатка

21 hours ago, monomania said:

About how most of us PVE players feel every time we read something about PVE. But unlike you PVP players we have to suffer every time you guys do something that we in no way played a part in and WC due to lazy game management decides to do a full game nerf or alteration, with same rule sets for both modes. 

Most of us would I imagine prefer to live in an alternate universe from the PVP crowd and have our own PVE rules.

Here here we PVE players get punished for PVP players exploits. They find a way to break a game mechanic just to kill their neighbors or duplicate an item or pillar forest an area all in a GAME. Something that was designed to be "fun" is destroyed because fools.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Aikar said:

If it bothers you so much, why do you continue to play on Legacy knowing it's treated worse than P+ (which is pretty bad)?

because this wasn't what was communicated when they tell us early access servers are turning into legacy.

everyone of us got the idea oh everything will stay the same. but wc had made a miscommunication, deliberately or not its up for debate

On 5/15/2019 at 8:34 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

That's what makes them Legacy server, no support. Been that way since the game was officially released. Nothing new here.

so its then totally ok to have people planning and teaching how to attack a website on global chat in legacy then?

last I heard, tickets from legacy will be treated on a case to case basis. but right now we can see it's 100% off any support.

since there's no support and nobody from wc is going to care, then people definitely will be up to no good. that kind of no good. the one that once got me banned on the forum because its an open invitation for them to test out their latest codes on official servers

I do not see how being called "legacy" on a live service server allows wc to go scott-free when their product facilitates discussion of illegal activities.

no need for dark web. there's ark legacy servers

Edited by HiImZech
  • Thanks 1