Community Crunch 181: Auto-Decay Back Next Week & Social Roundup!

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Decay Timers Being Reinstated!

large.Sitharias.jpg

Just over a month ago we announced we were temporarily disabling our decay timer on our official servers.

This was done in order to allow for our customer support to successfully reunite players with their tribes, bases, and tamed creatures after an issue caused some players characters to be deleted. Our customer support has been able to address many of these concerns that were as a result of the incident last month, and therefore we are re-enabling the decay timer Tuesday, May 21st. 

A note for those who have not logged in recently, if a structure on your server is over the timer limit it will automatically be removed when the servers restart with this change enabled. Therefore any spam structures will be cleaned from your server immediately. If you have refreshed your base in the last ~8 days (more/less depending on structure type), your structures will be safe just as they were before the decay was enabled.

We've read your comments and tweets about wanting decay to be re-enabled and we do appreciate your patience with us during this time.

Social Roundup!

Image result for ark lasso

The Social Roundup is geared to showing you some of the social activity you might be otherwise missing. Here we will highlight some of the posts that happened on our various social platforms. Topics might range from existing bugs to questions about events or future content. 

ON MODS ON CONSOLE:

When it comes to talking about mods on console this is a very hot-button topic. We know it stinks to see cool mods being developed by mod makers on PC but not being able to utilize them on Xbox or PS4. There are rare cases where mods are successfully integrated into the game such as Primitive Plus, Ragnarok, and Structures Plus, but not every mod that goes through the Sponsored Mod Program is guaranteed or even likely to be integrated into the game. It is a very lengthy process to get something from a working state into a finished product! 

ON SPECIALIZATION OF DEVS:

ON CHAT MODERATION:

ON THE SUGGESTIONS FORUM:

ON EXTRA LIFE:

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 17th of May at 1 PM EST until Monday the 20th of May at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post!

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

Wyvern screenshot courtesy of runswithpencil.

View full article

31 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Other games exist. Wildcard aren’t forcing you to only play Ark when they themselves are known to play and enjoy other games as you would expect from a game development team. Go take a break

Umm I dont play ark at the moment I just check on the forums here and there to keep tabs on the game in the hope there get a move on and release fixes for meshing/bugs release new content.

How hard can it be to release conquest servers on to console? I'm sure this alone would bring some excitement to players like me waiting for something fresh.

• Like 2

@DoughBoy93 It’s great that you aren’t currently playing because taking breaks from here gives you better perspective.

We won’t see any new servers because they are handled by Snail Games who are absolute trash. Go back and check out the Xbox early access of release of PixArk and you’ll see what you’re up against.

Edited by SaltyMonkey

I don't get it... seems most just read ' will be enabled Tuesday' then went ballistic about it before continuing to read 'the 21st' which is, totally, 1 week from today.  So … all you going 'gah I have less then 24hrs! wc you suck' need to go back, re-read the article, and then apologize for your comment.

Thank you Wildcard for restoring my character and imprints, I'm glad that I was able to finish off the work that I had started with baby dino's and only losing one in the process.  

i'm going to make sure to let my friends know as well, many don't read the website and rely on word of mouth for upcoming things like this. 

I gotta say all these complaints about stuff from people is just childish. If you dont like the game anymore or the way wildcard operate go play something else and complain in the same way about that as I'm sure you will. Ok WC do make mistakes sometimes but they are only human and all the negativity from a % of the community doesn't help the situation at all if anything you are probably putting them off doing new content and working harder on getting popular mods integrated. How about leaving constructive criticism or pointing out any mistakes they make in a mature way, not screaming about it like petulant children. The toxic members are what puts the game down not the devs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I most admit, i have been very toxic in some of my earlier post. But after you guys have “explained the basics” i now see why you guys can’t act as gods even though it is the World, you have created. 

Just keep up the good Work guys! 

- it is because of your community crunches, that me and my friends have Got our Qol back! 

9 hours ago, Xylom said:

You act like your losing your entire base ?

We actually are as my whole tribe has lost there characters, the whole base and tames will die about half an hour after decay goes back on because of wc's piss poor customer service and unprofessional dealing of tickets.. Iv had offers of joining another tribe (Pve) to help breed and continue boss fights but I'm done with this game.. Have been playing this game since console beta and I'm not starting again from lvl 1 scr/ew that 

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic