What's the point of lengthy cryo sickness in PvE?

Cyclops

What's the point of lengthy cryo sickness in PvE?

I can understand having the current cryo sickness mechanic for PvP servers, as you don't want massive spamming of dinos in the middle of a PvP fight.   After being thoroughly frustrated with the cryo sickness mechanic in PvE I'm wondering why the timers are so long?   The amount of time spent babysitting a dino accidentally deployed instead of actually playing the game is not fun

Examples:

-  Rez sick buff runs to zero and you deploy another dino;  but server lags and when it catches up it deploys the cryo pod while the buff is active.

- You insert a empty cryo pod in hotbar, but it doesn't register the empty pod and still thinks the full pod in your inventory is in the hotbar;  a rez sick dino is accidentally deployed.

- Sometimes you just aren't paying attention to buff timer and deploy an dinosaur by accident.

In all those cases you have to sit and babysit the dino that takes 10x damage when rez sick.   The length of the timers on some dinos in PVE is INSANELY long.   There should be nothing longer than 5 mins for PvE.   I'm tired of losing dinos to server/game glitches that cause accidental cryo deployment;  and tired of wasting my time waiting for the rez sick to wear off.

REDUCE THE REZ SICK TIMERS FOR PVE, or even eliminate them outside of caves/boss areas.

Cryo sickness is only 5 minutes. Torpor timer is in many cases longer depending on the dino. You can stim them awake faster in that case.

I think the 10x damage is only active during the 300 second countdown so after that your dino should just take the normal damage even if it's still KO'd.

They probably don't have a mechanic to separate PvP to PvE timers. 

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Cryo sickness is only 5 minutes. Torpor timer is in many cases longer depending on the dino. You can stim them awake faster in that case.

I think the 10x damage is only active during the 300 second countdown so after that your dino should just take the normal damage even if it's still KO'd.

They probably don't have a mechanic to separate PvP to PvE timers. 

My wording wasn't quite right; I was referring in part to the long torpor timers.   After the 300 second rezsick countdown the dino should wake up.   We shouldn't have to wait on the unreasonably long torpor on certain dinos.   We don't often have stimberries on us either.

Would prefer to see the mechanic removed for PvE, or at the very least have the dino fully awake after 300 seconds... it's just frustrating the way it is currently for PvE.

20 minutes ago, flamron said:

War mechanics. Same principal as PVP

I agree, war mechanics, nothing like agreeing to combat with another tribe then having them spam 20 giga's on top of you cause no cryo sickness.  Seems to be a logical reason.  Separating it wouldn't be a hard thing to do, far as making it work differently in PvE/PvP, but then additional coding would have to be done to make it initiate for the war mechanics on PvE.  Simpler just to leave it the way it is, and less possibility of additional bugs.

It would however be nice to see a timer setting added for it for Non-Dedicated/Single Player, as in single player there really isn't a point to it.  and on non-dedicated it could benefit them allowing them to increase / decrease the timer.

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

What's the point? Balance I would imagine. 

For official it makes sense. For unofficial there should be an .ini for it

There already is an ini, even before Extinction came out. You have 2 separate settings that effect torpor, wild and tamed.

1 could simply adjust the tamed dino torpor drain if they really wanted to, but after throwing out 10 level 277 Rex’s with over 30000 torpor in quick succession and them waking up in a fraction of their normal full torpor time with the setting on default, I see no need to change it personally.

12 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

There already is an ini, even before Extinction came out. You have 2 separate settings that effect torpor, wild and tamed.

1 could simply adjust the tamed dino torpor drain if they really wanted to, but after throwing out 10 level 277 Rex’s with over 30000 torpor in quick succession and them waking up in a fraction of their normal full torpor time with the setting on default, I see no need to change it personally.

I meant .ini for the cryosickness timer

Once again another dino lost to rez sickness  on the PvE server.   Even though I had an empty cryopod in hotbar, ark thought I still had the previous cryopod in the hotbar.   Went to freeze a dino and it deployed the previous dino I froze.    In the wastelands on extinction and a corrupted giga comes by and kills my rez sick giga that takes 10x the damage.   I was on an argy and couldn't deploy any other dino to kill the corrupted giga because it would be REZ SICK too.

This mechanic is IRRITATING on PVE servers.   I understand it on PvP, but it's annoying on PvE.

People could just take out whole armies at an OSD, that's just stupid. Why can't you guys just be happy to have Cryos? The time without them was just horrible. Having a job while playing this game was nothing a normal person could manage. 

the small 5 minute timer is nothing compared to what it was before without cryos. Be happy for once.

Archived