Therizno Stats

MrTarts

Therizno Stats

Heya guys, Im currently getting ready to do some bosses on rag on the alpha version.

Im thinking on using therizino's as they have the herbivore buff and resist the dragons fire damage by a good amount.

Im wondering if these stats are good on hatch, I have one mutation in melee as well. The stats are as follows 7180 health and 1000 stam and 361melee damge.

Please let me know your thoughts and it is much apperciated.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, MrTarts said:

Im thinking on using therizino's as they have the herbivore buff and resist the dragons fire damage by a good amount.

They don't. The Dragon's breath is hard-coded and ignore the herbivore resistance. But since they can heal themselves with cakes they are still a good choice.

11 minutes ago, MrTarts said:

Im wondering if these stats are good on hatch, I have one mutation in melee as well. The stats are as follows 7180 health and 1000 stam and 361melee damge.

They won't be strong enough to take on the golems. What you should do is have one player riding a theriz that have been only leveled into health and have it kite and keep the golems busy away from the main fight.

They don't. The Dragon's breath is hard-coded and ignore the herbivore resistance. But since they can heal themselves with cakes they are still a good choice.                                                                            So then my follow up question would be that should I use tek rex's instead. I have one that has mutated damage at 396? 

Im also sorry for the formating on this, Im still getting used to it.

4 hours ago, MrTarts said:

They don't. The Dragon's breath is hard-coded and ignore the herbivore resistance. But since they can heal themselves with cakes they are still a good choice.                                                                            So then my follow up question would be that should I use tek rex's instead. I have one that has mutated damage at 396? 

Im also sorry for the formating on this, Im still getting used to it.

Definitely not. Rexes cannot heal themselves during the fight and will be a worse offering than the Theriz. 

To do Alpha, either trade from some stronger Theri stats, or make sure you get a High HP Theri to kite the golems away as Invincible stated.

Just had a guy on reddit recommend using the following:

Not sure about official but on mine I run with 1 yuty , 18 theris with 21k hp and 600% melee and 202 armor asc saddles. I put 15 sweet cakes on each and do alpha dragon/manticore on rag with no losses. Lowest health was around 6k when we returned. Tame dino damage is set to 1.25, other than that all dino stats are official.

[edit]

And another recommended using this:

Our theriz had 16k hp and 700 melee. With 90+ saddles we did beta dragon on ragnarok and didn’t lose 1. They didn’t even eat 5 cakes. 

It was our first boss attempt ever so we kinda went over kill with 16 theriz, 2 yutys, 1 pig and a rex to lead rock golems. Next attempt we’re gonna leave out the pig and go alpha.

This is the Ragnarock dragon fight correct?  We just run with 19 Rexes and a Yuty.   I have been a part of some terrible luck runs where stuff dies because the Manticore doesn't land, but generally the Dragon is dead within 2 minutes or so.  We do use all high level Rex saddles, but those are easy to come by now.  We also generally melt the Golems instead of kiting them (This is with crazy melee rexes now though, when we were running with 416 melee Rexes we didn't do this :) ).  You can get it done with just slightly better Rexes than you have. I am sure Theris are a good option, but I have never used them, as Rexes smoke this fight very easily.  On the island, I say take the theris. 

Ah, I see thank you for this info. On a side note should I keep mutating these rex's and theri's or should I go look for new base ones? I have only one mutation on both.

1 hour ago, Boshek77 said:

This is the Ragnarock dragon fight correct?  We just run with 19 Rexes and a Yuty.   I have been a part of some terrible luck runs where stuff dies because the Manticore doesn't land, but generally the Dragon is dead within 2 minutes or so.  We do use all high level Rex saddles, but those are easy to come by now.  We also generally melt the Golems instead of kiting them (This is with crazy melee rexes now though, when we were running with 416 melee Rexes we didn't do this :) ).  You can get it done with just slightly better Rexes than you have. I am sure Theris are a good option, but I have never used them, as Rexes smoke this fight very easily.  On the island, I say take the theris. 

Breeding for mutations only makes sense once you’ve obtained parents with unusually high stats where you want them. Mutations only give 2 levels and they’re super rare, often having to hatch hundreds of eggs to get one in a stat you want. But it’s not uncommon for a tame to dump 10, or even 20 levels into a stat you want.

I'd go buy yourself a boss rex egg and go from there.  You can get really good Rexes really cheap.  If you get a Rex with a base melee of 500 or more with 20K health you will be fine in the Alpha Rag fight with good saddles.  There are probably people on your server that are throwing those kinds of Dinos away right now because those stats are garbage, but they can beat every boss on every map except Island Dragon.  Good Luck.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:45 PM, Boshek77 said:

We just did Rag Alpha with 19 rexes and a Yuty and Dragon was down in 2 minutes and the Manticore did not want to land so we kept shotgunning until it did.  Fight maybe took 15 minutes.  We are planning on the Island to use Theris, born with 613 melee, imprinting sends it over 700.  We almost lost some rexes (30k hp and 1200 to 1700 melee) but because the rexes cant heal, the dragons fire really hurts (like 25% HP per set on fire) with no real means to heal like Theris on cakes.

Jeeez that’s a hard one. The general consensus is you need 21,000 HP and 700 melee to fight the Alpha Dragon. My best tame currently was 8000 HP and 296 melee. After imprint its babies come out around 10,000 HP and 350 melee. That isn’t enough to reach those goals. I’m struggling to get the raised young up to 15,000 HP 600 melee for the gamma and beta bosses. The HP *may* be fine. But I need to find a better than average melee so my eggs hatch around 350 or better.

Hope my example helps.

6 hours ago, mattj said:

Jeeez that’s a hard one. The general consensus is you need 21,000 HP and 700 melee to fight the Alpha Dragon. My best tame currently was 8000 HP and 296 melee. After imprint its babies come out around 10,000 HP and 350 melee. That isn’t enough to reach those goals. I’m struggling to get the raised young up to 15,000 HP 600 melee for the gamma and beta bosses. The HP *may* be fine. But I need to find a better than average melee so my eggs hatch around 350 or better.

Hope my example helps.

@MrTarts

To expand upon this my theri line is 8k hp 366 melee (with muts) base. With 100% imprint and 60+ levels i BARELY reach 21k hp 700 melee which would be bare minimum for alpha dragon. 

That would be a baseline for basic minimum stats

I only have one mutation on my theri's putting them at 361. Should I keep trying for more mutations? On a side note my tek rex's hit 396 with only one mutation. I'm thinking that's good but I'm not sure. Looking forward t

15 hours ago, d1nk said:

@MrTarts

To expand upon this my theri line is 8k hp 366 melee (with muts) base. With 100% imprint and 60+ levels i BARELY reach 21k hp 700 melee which would be bare minimum for alpha dragon. 

That would be a baseline for basic minimum stats

o your input 

On 5/16/2019 at 2:50 AM, MrTarts said:

Alright guys thank you for all the input. I just have one last question, 

If your looking to fight the alpha variants of the boss what wild stats would you look for after a knockout tame?

I only tame if 250+melee befor tame literally koed 100s of megatherium befor I finally koed a decent one was 275 pretamed melee after tame has 56 points into melee level 150-224- 275=378.6 melee just keep ko them till you find a decent one bud ;)

53 minutes ago, MrTarts said:

Thank you so much this helped a ton.

Remember, this is good advice is you are looking for a SPECIFIC stat only and have good lines already. I would suggest taming all 140+ and keeping them, youll get other good stats and could get a good melee roll with a crappy base stat theriz still.

50 minutes ago, MrTarts said:

So I decided I'm going to go on a theri hunting spree, What map would you guys recommend for hunting those tickle chickens?

Statistically: Rag or The Center. The only two maps with the increased spawn level weight. Near blue obelisk on Rag is a great (and laggy) spot to find Theriz. I also have good luck on the top of the Canyon too.

The Center should have even better spawns (in theory) because how stuff spawns there (in bigger packs, more concentrated) but im not 100% on good spawn locations that ive personally hunted at. I would imagine all of Blue island and all Jungle N/S will have great spawns (near the beaver lakes on each) but again im not 100% on it. Check spawn map

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

I only tame if 250+melee befor tame literally koed 100s of megatherium befor I finally koed a decent one was 275 pretamed melee after tame has 56 points into melee level 150-224- 275=378.6 melee just keep ko them till you find a decent one bud ;)

That is 43 points, not 56.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

224 tame 378.6melee  o.o is 43 points?

When a creature is tamed, it receives additive and multiplicative bonuses into certain stats. Your Megatherium has a base of 100%, an increase of 5% per points, a 7% additive bonus and a 17.6% multiplicative bonus into melee. 378.6% is 43 points tamed with ~99.9% taming effectiveness.

(100 + (43 * 5) + 7) * (0.9999 * 1.176) = 378.6%

56 points would be:

(100 + (56 * 5) + 7) * (0.9999 * 1.176) = 455.1%

You used a wild stats calculator that extracted the bonuses as points when they are not:

(378.6 - 100) / 5 = 56

Like I said into another thread:

On 4/20/2019 at 10:32 AM, invincibleqc said:

In conclusion, don't use a hammer to drive screws! ?

45 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

When a creature is tamed, it receives additive and multiplicative bonuses into certain stats. Your Megatherium has a base of 100%, an increase of 5% per points, a 7% additive bonus and a 17.6% multiplicative bonus into melee. 378.6% is 43 points tamed with ~99.9% taming effectiveness.

(100 + (43 * 5) + 7) * (0.9999 * 1.176) = 378.6%

56 points would be:

(100 + (56 * 5) + 7) * (0.9999 * 1.176) = 455.1%

You used a wild stats calculator that extracted the bonuses as points when they are not:

(378.6 - 100) / 5 = 56

Like I said into another thread:

Ahh ty ya used dododex xD

Archived