Tek Transmitter

8 hours ago, calebstrickland said:

soooooo basically if i want to get tek transmitter i have to risk losing all my progress? just because WC cant fix there bugs?

Not really, just go and complete a boss on all your characters. I have a character for each map so I dont risk the loss of character through server transfer. I have just amde sure that I have completed a boss run on each char :)

I transfer several times a day and have never lost a character, my wife is one of the unfortunate who lost her character with the dreaded rollback they did a couple of months ago but WC credited her back her levels, imprints and tek engrams to another character.

I  don't worry about transferring except to aberration and that is only because I haven't got tek transmitter engram yet. 

I much prefer to have 1 character with all imprints than lots of characters with imprints spread all over the place.

45 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Not really, just go and complete a boss on all your characters. I have a character for each map so I dont risk the loss of character through server transfer. I have just amde sure that I have completed a boss run on each char :)

The Centre doesn't have the dragon so some engrams will remain locked. Only way to get them on that character is to transfer to Island / Rag then transfer back. 

47 minutes ago, calebstrickland said:

does wildcard give you your imprints and exp back because I was told several times that they wont help with lost characters

They usually give you up to 105 and I believe if you have baby dino's ready they may raise and fully imprint those to you.

They made a special exception in the most recent huge character loss that happened but I'm not sure if that will be their policy going forward. 

2 reasons for Character loss;

1) The server you go to crashes and roll backs before your character is saved on the server. Server saves happen every 15 minutes which decreases that chance. Check server ping before you transfer.

2) The even rarer corrupted data. It happens, just like it can happen to any data.

I played Ark on official servers since 2015. I have been very fortunate that despite thousands of transfers, I have never lost a character. 

Like anything negative, you'll hear the bad stories and WC's poor customer support in the matter doesn't help but generally it's low risk transferring but having that transmitter is huge and with explorer notes and grinders and hatching for xp leveling goes pretty fast.

Center fight is easy to do again to get those engrams back so it really is worth the risk to jump to Rag and do that fight for the transmitter engram, especially if it's just a one time thing.

Archived