Blackmage2015

Real reason to keep pillar spam

Real reason to keep pillar spam

Correct me if I’m wrong but official has crazy pillar spam. The only reason I can think of why the devs have not fixed the issue is because the game has to many performance issues and removing the pillar spam opens up more land for others to build and store Dino’s on thusly causing more performance issues / strain on the systems running the game. 

• Facepalm 2

they changed it multiple times, there is no way to stop someone from spamming with how it works. Change foundations, people use pillars, change decay timers, people use more structures.

The only way it would ever change is if there was a limited number of "land claming" objects such as a flag or beacon. Everyone would have the same size bases but it would help with pillar spam.

The only issue is people would alt tribes to claim more land.

it never ends, pve is trash anyway.

real rason of keeping pillar spam is that wildcard dont want to deal with all reasons. Problem is that pillaring can be on good purposes also. Pillaring can be for protecting valuable resources spawning, keeping roads open in abberation, protecting base territory(if you build only wall and no pillars then in on day you can notice that for whatever reason you need replace your base wall but someone build so close so it is not allowed to replace your wall). If they not allow to place for us pillars then there will be jst 1x1 box houses what can be even more disturbing.

• Like 1

BIG SIGH. the maps are big enough for everyone. Even with pillar spam. Just because someone has pillared in an area you WANT is really bad i know but it does not mean there is no place for you to build. Yes it might be pillared in the most perfect resources spot so move on and find a place and set down roots and wait it out. quit complaining and play the game.

Lots of people are getting pillars removed if near others base and all pillars removed if it is overaggressive even if you think you are protecting resources nodes. All It takes is 1 report and a video of all the spam. They WILL remove them. Time for people to start really thinking about how and where they want to build. No more of this I might build there one day.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

if players just spam pillars to block your base/path just report them - GM's will get rit of them, but pillars protect you on official Servers -  so not every tard can "box-you-in". Like: You build a base and there are 2 pathes to walk out/in with your dinos… And prob. a troll join the server and just "gate you in"  (the "box-you-in" moment). 

For new players it's annyoing (y ofc.. everyone want to build on the nice spots), but for Players who played 1000 of Hours its's a protection

Edited by Gopa