Wild to Tamed - How's it Work?

DeHammer

Wild to Tamed - How's it Work?

Does anyone understand how the game handles the process of a wild dino becoming a tamed dino? For instance... does the wild dino essentially become a new dino with all new stats, etc? Or is there more of a connection between wild dino attributes and what it becomes once tamed? For instance, when tamed do the new levels it gains as a bonus just stack on top of their wild stats? 

8 minutes ago, KrakenOverlord said:

when a wild dino is tamed it gets each level you get from taming it distributed just like as if you were leveling up a dino. The only thing is that it randomly assigns them so it's kind of RNG if you get a good roll

So that happen on top of their wild stats? Or do wild levels also get re-distributed? 

One of the reasons I ask is to understand whether the wild stats you see on a prospective tame have any bearing on final stats. For instance, if you see a wild dino with a fantastic melee damage stat, and the tamed levels just stack on top of existing levels through some random distribution, then the tamed version of that dino might also have very strong melee damage.

What I'm really asking is not 'what happens', but 'how does it happen?'

It's like this

Game decides dino to spawn-->Game randomly distributes stats amongst all options dino has (HP, Stam, etc.)-->Dino is KO'd and taming process begins-->Game calculates taming efficiency based on pre-determined factors-->Game randomly distributes additional levels to all qualifying stats (basically add/multiplies them to current stats)-->tamer is elated/curses the game.

• Volunteer Moderator

Let's say you down a 150 Dodo. All dinos starts at level 1, so this Dodo have 149 points allocated into the 7 categories (hp, stamina, oxygen, food, weight, melee and speed). A dino that is tamed with 100% taming effectiveness will receive half its level as bonus. So, a 150 with 100% taming effectiveness would receive 75 extra levels and tame at level 225. These 75 extra levels are randomly distributed into the 7 categories as well on top of the original wild stats so yes; the stats you are seeing pre-tame are important because they gives you a general idea of its potential.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DeHammer said:

Thanks all. For some reason I've been seeing a real divergence between some of the dinos' wild stats and what results post-tame, so it got me wondering if there was really any connection. But now I know that was most likely just the way the RNG distributed the additional tamed levels. 

Yes, the chance that most of the points gets generated into the same category twice in a row are slim hence why you need to tame a lot. Easier to get good stats on flyers, since they only roll into 6 categories instead of 7.

20 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Let's say you down a 150 Dodo. All dinos starts at level 1, so this Dodo have 149 points allocated into the 7 categories (hp, stamina, oxygen, food, weight, melee and speed). A dino that is tamed with 100% taming effectiveness will receive half its level as bonus. So, a 150 with 100% taming effectiveness would receive 75 extra levels and tame at level 225. These 75 extra levels are randomly distributed into the 7 categories as well on top of the original wild stats so yes; the stats you are seeing pre-tame are important because they gives you a general idea of its potential.

You will see in some tames, like griffin, they can have 5k health before tame and end up with 1k even perfect tame, gigas is another tame that will get lower stats on tame, i gues that every tame you get will only show your right stats when tamed, even a level 50 ptera can have ghreat stats im stam or what you need, j ust breed them together and get the best

Just now, KrakenOverlord said:

they stack on top of what's already there; so having a high base to work with is desirable but it doesn't always work out. I recommend taming everything high level and see how it comes out

This what I'm doing with my Spino's I've tamed a number of 140-150 Spinos and have a few with higher stats that I'm to combine through breeding. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, kpc said:

You will see in some tames, like griffin, they can have 5k health before tame and end up with 1k even perfect tame, gigas is another tame that will get lower stats on tame, i gues that every tame you get will only show your right stats when tamed, even a level 50 ptera can have ghreat stats im stam or what you need, j ust breed them together and get the best

This is simply because they have a negative additive bonus but they still have the same amount of points allocated. The number itself is irrelevant; only the amount of points is. :)

3 hours ago, kpc said:

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This is simply because they have a negative additive bonus but they still have the same amount of points allocated. The number itself is irrelevant; only the amount of points is. :)

This. Also to add; Same as Gigas, Titans, Rock Golems. They all have special post tame mechanics that nerf their stats (mainly hp)

Archived