From Vanilla Alpha tribe to solo veteran player getting wrecked by alpha tribes

Kengbee

From once being a laid back Alpha tribe leader with 4 members, helping out noobies, defending the weak to let the server grow, and clashing with hackers or toxic tribes, now to being an old veteran player getting wrecked by alpha tribes picking on the weak.

I recently came back to Ark Survival after a few years and quickly remembered how hard it is to grow as a solo player on an Official PvP Server, you NEED an organized tribe to even stand a chance.  With previous experience of over 700 hours played I caught on quick and built my base up as fast as I could because I remember bigger tribes liked to pick on the weak. Trying my fastest to build up the strength of my walls to scare off any lower tribes attempting to attack me. Within my 2nd day of playing again my main building with all my resources was already secured with metal but I wasn't high enough level to make turrets to even defend myself from a more established tribe. Hours spent on my base/tames just to be destroyed in less than 5-10 minutes.... not from a smaller tribe but from the alpha tribe of the server. One thing I never understood, why alpha tribes liked to wipe small bases instead of dealing with tribes of the same level. That's why I defended them and gave them a chance to re-build under my protection. (Side note: one of the tribes under my protection became the strongest tribe in my server once I left :D ) I moved servers trying to find a decent place to settle but all the same, attempted PvE & private servers but it just wasn't the same playing on Official PvP.

Now aside from my little rant, I'm looking for a smaller to mid sized tribe, NON-ALPHA, non-toxic tribe to play along side with. The thought of joining a powerful tribe with everything already ruins the experience of starting from the bottom and building your way up. If not I will just wait for a clean wipe or new server to come along and start again fresh with an even playing field to fight off those types of players. All in all, I enjoyed the short time I had coming back, this game was still fun like how I remembered none the less, I just didn't have my old buddies with me this time to wreak havoc on the bullies of the server :(.   ✌️

On 5/11/2019 at 9:13 PM, Kengbee said:

From once being a laid back Alpha tribe leader with 4 members, helping out noobies, defending the weak to let the server grow, and clashing with hackers or toxic tribes, now to being an old veteran player getting wrecked by alpha tribes picking on the weak.

I recently came back to Ark Survival after a few years and quickly remembered how hard it is to grow as a solo player on an Official PvP Server, you NEED an organized tribe to even stand a chance.  With previous experience of over 700 hours played I caught on quick and built my base up as fast as I could because I remember bigger tribes liked to pick on the weak. Trying my fastest to build up the strength of my walls to scare off any lower tribes attempting to attack me. Within my 2nd day of playing again my main building with all my resources was already secured with metal but I wasn't high enough level to make turrets to even defend myself from a more established tribe. Hours spent on my base/tames just to be destroyed in less than 5-10 minutes.... not from a smaller tribe but from the alpha tribe of the server. One thing I never understood, why alpha tribes liked to wipe small bases instead of dealing with tribes of the same level. That's why I defended them and gave them a chance to re-build under my protection. (Side note: one of the tribes under my protection became the strongest tribe in my server once I left :D ) I moved servers trying to find a decent place to settle but all the same, attempted PvE & private servers but it just wasn't the same playing on Official PvP.

Now aside from my little rant, I'm looking for a smaller to mid sized tribe, NON-ALPHA, non-toxic tribe to play along side with. The thought of joining a powerful tribe with everything already ruins the experience of starting from the bottom and building your way up. If not I will just wait for a clean wipe or new server to come along and start again fresh with an even playing field to fight off those types of players. All in all, I enjoyed the short time I had coming back, this game was still fun like how I remembered none the less, I just didn't have my old buddies with me this time to wreak havoc on the bullies of the server :(.   ✌️

Unfortunately the reason you haven't gotten any responses is that official PvP (even SmallTribes) isn't as "take it easy and play ARK" as it used to be.  If you cold-start on a server and grind non-stop to metal tier, you will probably still be wiped the day you log out.  Alphas are pretty savage, and prefer to "own" a server by doing noob-cleanse every few days and wiping the server.  It's pretty nuts. 

I'm sure "safe" havens exist, but even they are at constant threat from bored people with cryopods and 1-2 powerful tames server-hopping and looking to cause havoc...  Because it's not like you get wiped by the same tribe every time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 8:13 PM, Kengbee said:

I know exactly the kind of experience you're talking about, and it's the reason I have 4.6k hours and have only spent about 100 of it in alpha tribes. You don't get the satisfaction from accomplishing anything, and building relationships without a big tribe's overbearing politics is what makes ark fun for me. I'm historically a solo player who tends to spend a few months on a server (while getting far) by playing smart. Me and 2 of my friends got to tek-tier pre-extinction by building in an island underwater cave and we had lots of fun without the extreme stress that comes from playing normally, i'd go back to that time in a heartbeat.

I just started a playthrough last weekend (May 30th or so) and am already really far / committed to the map i'm playing (Rag)  'cause I got a few key structures. If you are still looking for a group without getting that "Alpha Tribe" feel, i'd love to hang out with another veteran

10 hours ago, Royaltylifts said:

I use to be an Alpha back in 16. Just rejoined over 1500 hours logged. Would love to team up with you

Same goes for you too, a small efficient group is way more fun than a zerg. I saw your other post about the Beginner servers, but it'd be too easy to offline without turrets which would make it super stressful

19 hours ago, Topherrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

I know exactly the kind of experience you're talking about, and it's the reason I have 4.6k hours and have only spent about 100 of it in alpha tribes. You don't get the satisfaction from accomplishing anything, and building relationships without a big tribe's overbearing politics is what makes ark fun for me. I'm historically a solo player who tends to spend a few months on a server (while getting far) by playing smart. Me and 2 of my friends got to tek-tier pre-extinction by building in an island underwater cave and we had lots of fun without the extreme stress that comes from playing normally, i'd go back to that time in a heartbeat.

I just started a playthrough last weekend (May 30th or so) and am already really far / committed to the map i'm playing (Rag)  'cause I got a few key structures. If you are still looking for a group without getting that "Alpha Tribe" feel, i'd love to hang out with another veteran

Same goes for you too, a small efficient group is way more fun than a zerg. I saw your other post about the Beginner servers, but it'd be too easy to offline without turrets which would make it super stressful

Would you be interested in a small 2-3 man tribe. I’m building some 1x1 bases with just smithy/forges. Goal is to take out the long time sitting alpha in one. I’m planning just Ptera, longnecks, and Guerilla style (if anyone is interested let me know) 

Taking out an alpha with 2-3 people playing out of 2x2s and 3x3s isn't going to happen, especially now that they're all based in caves. Most we'd be able to do would be annoy them to death, but if we're annoying enough they'll track us down and that'll be the end of that. If you're looking for a "safe haven" to grow out of without a big tribe, I have a really good base going (just needs a few more improvements), then after that we can get all the stuff you'd want for a pvp lifestyle like good pteras with decent saddles, good pvp kits, etc. Only thing is that I really like my alpha tribe, we trade stuff back and forth and they aren't hostile to the bobs. They do get pvp'ed a lot though so we could help them or be one of those off-server people

We'd basically play like an alpha tribe but with fewer people and much more political freedom

• 1 month later...

Archived