Where Are The Gigas?

Emrys23

Where Are The Gigas?

I am a level 70 singleplayer on Mobile. I fly North multiple times a week and kill Rexes every other day.

But I can't find any GIGANOTOSAURS!

I saw one about a month ago on Whitesky Peak, but I wasn't exactly in any condition to fight it, my Tapejara dead and myself unarmed except for a sword. By the time I got back to my base (just South of the Snow Biome, on the West Coast near the cliffs), retrieved some ammo for my rifle, and headed back on my Argy, the thing had despawned or something like that. I haven't seen one since. 

Just trying to reach Level 74 for a Rex Saddle, any general locations and/or battle strategies would be greatly appreciated!

Check out the mountains at the north. They also spawn at the sides of the volcano and the mountain at the east of the volcano. 

You can find the locations here if you didn’t understand me: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Giganotosaurus

However you should keep note that these are the spawn locations. Gigas most likely hang around those locations so keep scouting! They might also travel far distances because they don’t really have an enemy to stop these bad boys!

My way of taming these gigas is using 4 metal dinosaur gateways and a large trap in the middle. You  place the 3 gateways as a shape of square and place a trap in the middle(try to place this trap on a flat surface) Make sure these gateways don’t snap,just leave a space a bit(see the picture). Then use a flying creature(if it’s possible,get the one with the most hp) and lure it to that trap. When you hear the trap sound(it sounds similar to item breaking) you have around 5 seconds to place the last gateway behind the giga. The giga will try to chomp to the trap to get out so you’ll most likely be fine. But I still suggest you to get some good armor and/or a shield just in case because as I’ve said before,you only got around 5 seconds.

if you do it right,the giga will be stuck there and cannot get out,making it an easy target for you to kill/tame

6A346671-F464-4B20-B473-9862BDBD4E0F.jpeg

Archived