Actually consider your fans' suggestions.

FM17

Actually consider your fans' suggestions.

Ever since the game suggestions page got an update I've seen so many good suggestions coming in, there are quite a few bad suggestions as well, but they are typically much further down the list due to their lack of votes. 

It's really nice to see wildcard responding to our suggestions via their community crunch, it's great to finally have some acknowledgement. 

That said, the reason nobody actually posted here before the page rework was because they knew you weren't going to actually take their advice. As each community crunch is released, I'm seeing more and more of the top ranking game suggestions get shut down by wildcard. If the suggestions are in the very top rank, there's a good chance that a lot of people feel strongly about them.

Even if you can't add the requested content exactly as it's suggested, at least consider a compromise to give your loyal fans what they are asking for, otherwise this page is just going to be a ghost town once again. 

Edit: The first time I posted this it was moved to be a comment on the breeding Griffin's thread, this post wasn't intended to be just about that one game suggestion, so I'm reposting it as a legitimate suggestion.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I think only full forum members should be able to vote.. so many random threads getting upvoted and good comments getting downvoted. Let us downvote suggestions too.. even if they restrict it to higher rank members. Stuff like revert flier rebalance shouldnt be a suggestion.. it was rebalanced for a reason. /rant off

I said that also. Tons of 0 ranks making suggestions. Not saying they shouldn't have a voice, but its mostly the duplicate suggestions being made. Higher ranked members in theory should know how to use the search function.

The problem with downvotes is that haters come out. So vote or don't vote isn't so bad. 

The other problem i see is grouped/multiple suggestions. Like the wyvern and griffin breeding suggestion. I stated that if breeding was added the creatures would get nerfed first (obvious) which was then stated in the community crunch. But it should have been two different suggestions. What if people want griffin breeding but not wyverns? Where does that leave drakes? Etc.

1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

I said that also. Tons of 0 ranks making suggestions. Not saying they shouldn't have a voice, but its mostly the duplicate suggestions being made. Higher ranked members in theory should know how to use the search function.

The problem with downvotes is that haters come out. So vote or don't vote isn't so bad. 

The other problem i see is grouped/multiple suggestions. Like the wyvern and griffin breeding suggestion. I stated that if breeding was added the creatures would get nerfed first (obvious) which was then stated in the community crunch. But it should have been two different suggestions. What if people want griffin breeding but not wyverns? Where does that leave drakes? Etc.

My biggest problem is the comment section. Also some get upvoted that are completely unrealistic.. i.e. griffin/wyv breeding. 

Not everything needs to be catered to people. These were designed to be unbreedable for a reason - I agree with a big nerf if this was changed. Too many people vote for what they want versus voting for actual balance. Ive seen your posts in a few threads downvoted a lot simply because you offer the devil's advocate for problems (its needed for perspective)

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

My biggest problem is the comment section. Also some get upvoted that are completely unrealistic.. i.e. griffin/wyv breeding. 

Not everything needs to be catered to people. These were designed to be unbreedable for a reason - I agree with a big nerf if this was changed. Too many people vote for what they want versus voting for actual balance. Ive seen your posts in a few threads downvoted a lot simply because you offer the devil's advocate for problems (its needed for perspective)

Not to mention there are other ways to get some re-balance changes reverted if you really want, such as mods running on a private server. 

I agree not everything needs to be catered, but I think giving people options in case of balance changes isn't necessarily catering. In fact, it could be said that balance related changes are in themselves a form of catering to a portion of the player base.

For that reason, I do wish the devs took a different approach to making balance changes. If for instance instead of nerfing fliers, give server admins an officially supported option to adjust that balance themselves server side, instead of dropping an axe across the whole community and taking the approach that 'someone can make a mod if they want it'. Though understandably, the outer limits of that scope should only be what was originally in the game to begin with. If wyverns couldn't ever breed, then they still wouldn't be able to ... as you said... its by design. But if something is released too OP then has to be nerfed for just one part of the community, it would be nice to see an officially supported option to nerf, that they would use on the official servers, and let other people decide for themselves whether they want to play nerfed or not. 

I think that would do away with a lot of the 'noise' around the issue of changes. But for now... with the approach they took... giving people something then taking it away is a guaranteed way to create a lot of noisy complaints. 

42 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Ive seen your posts in a few threads downvoted a lot simply because you offer the devil's advocate for problems (its needed for perspective)

Loopholes and obvious exploits need to be pointed out. I really don't care if my comments get downvotes.

Well the most popular and often said suggestion is "fix your game". Reading that over and over no wounder they turn a deaf ear.

Some suggestions are also already in ARK or other ways accomplish the same thing.

In my opinion Wild Card always read and listen, now they also talk back. 

Ultimately it is WC choice to implement and suprise the players.

/A

I never noticed that the suggestions got a voting system until i read this thread. There should not be downvotes imo. Best thing I feel that Blizzard did with their forums, is remove the ability to downvote. I've seen far too many good things downvoted, and even heard people say in audio calls "I love to downvote good stuff". Downvotes on internet forums is just begging for trolls to abuse it. Players can have very practical, logical suggestions, and get downvoted, just because a troll feels power doing so.

And.. Did they remove all earlier suggestions? only 36 pages of posts? That doesn't look like the right number at all. The least they could have done was leave in an Archive of the hundreds/thousands of suggestions from the past several years. When Blizzard completely reformatted how their forums work, they didnt delete the old forums. Old forums are read-only, but at least it's still there.

If there is an archive, I haven't seen it yet.

There are probably criteria required to make a suggestion viable. Of course it is good to see people support a good suggestion. However, when creating a suggestion, think from the perspective of Wildcard. What would prevent this suggestion from being considered? Sometimes the answer can be something that you never thought about.

I know it's nice to think of the suggestion section as a recycling bin to fool the community into thinking that the developers care. But truth be told, I have seen many different development studios actually implement game content based upon the suggestions section.

Just make sure to formulate your idea in a clear and concise manner, covering all angles as best as possible.

32 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It’s the people that think the top voted suggestions will definitely get implemented which doesn’t help. Clickbait happy YouTuber LoadedCrysis is up there, so all of his brainwashed community will likely continue upvoting anything he suggests through the roof because he has them believing in so.

+1 to the bolded part.  Just because the community "appears" to REALLY want something, there is no guarantee that it will be implemented, like the aforementioned Griffin/Wyvern breeding-lines.  If we got a ton of forum support for the S+ Nanny to be implemented, and by a ton I mean 90+% of the forum membership, I am nearly certain WildCard would politely tell us to stuff it because it cheapens the game experience so much.

Good suggestions often get backseated to ones that appear to be popular, and people put their energy into promoting/following them regardless of viability or likelihood of implementation.

4 hours ago, Masurao said:

They haven't implemented a command to get you unstuck from every other greedy player's constant overload of useless tek garbage on beachhead spawn zones, so I'm sure they won't consider much else in regards to suggested performance enhancements. 

Good example of what a challenge it is to determine what gets addressed.  This is obviously a traumatic issue for one player, while I consider it a zero-priority issue.  Can't make us both happy.

I've been on forums for other lesser known games, I'll be the first to tell ya, that the vocal minority, really didn't represent what the rest of us wanted on that game. It lead to decisions that pissed off loyal customers/supporters, and that particular company keeps making bad choices, and it futher alienates its fanbase. I hope whatever WC decides to implement, is not due to a small amount of players frothing at the mouth for. I've seen it happen before, and its a good way to bring a great game down. 

• Wildcard Community
On 5/10/2019 at 11:23 PM, SaltyMonkey said:

It’s the people that think the top voted suggestions will definitely get implemented which doesn’t help

This is not the case although I understand why people might think this.  The suggestions board is another way of generally seeing what the community wants.  There are going to be times where it's technically not feasible to implement a suggestion.  Other times it might go against a design philosophy.  Then there are times when something that's suggested makes sense and is feasible.  Even though things that are being upvoted may be commented on, it doesn't mean things that aren't being upvoted aren't being looked at.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, SMP said:

Good example of what a challenge it is to determine what gets addressed.  This is obviously a traumatic issue for one player, while I consider it a zero-priority issue.  Can't make us both happy.

It should depend on the volume of people getting stuck in which time intervals in the first place. Example: One player was stuck about 10 minutes right before I died, respawned, then got immediately stuck on the exact same tek bridge.

The players that consider things like this a zero-priority issue are a moot point, considering that getting stuck as a huge issue in this game when people love to overbuild on spawn zones. What would you consider a high-priority issue? Most people in this game actually don't possess the empathy required to fathom complex issues, but then again the devs lack the resolve to actually implement such fixes in the first place. 

Its mostly a lost cause, but I'll just tell you that if other games can have a /stuck function, then one plagued with collision detection issues should've had it considered as one of the absolute first additions as opposed to stuffing it with even more content to get stuck on. 

3 minutes ago, Masurao said:

It should depend on the volume of people getting stuck in which time intervals in the first place. Example: One player was stuck about 10 minutes right before I died, respawned, then got immediately stuck on the exact same tek bridge.

The players that consider things like this a zero-priority issue are a moot point, considering that getting stuck as a huge issue in this game when people love to overbuild on spawn zones. What would you consider a high-priority issue? Most people in this game actually don't possess the empathy required to fathom complex issues, but then again the devs lack the resolve to actually implement such fixes in the first place. 

Its mostly a lost cause, but I'll just tell you that if other games can have a /stuck function, then one plagued with collision detection issues should've had it considered as one of the absolute first additions as opposed to stuffing it with even more content to get stuck on. 

Your example about a stuck option/command will not work with PvP since the taking and holding of prisoners exists.

3 hours ago, Masurao said:

Might be a matter of perspective.  I'm sure I'd feel the same way you do if I had encountered this issue even once in the 3k hours I've spent in this game.

23 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Your example about a stuck option/command will not work with PvP since the taking and holding of prisoners exists.

Thats actually exceptionally true. What I propose is a PvE solution. As it stands, after a year and a half of doing it, I honestly have no idea why anyone even takes PvP seriously anymore.

19 hours ago, SMP said:

Might be a matter of perspective.  I'm sure I'd feel the same way you do if I had encountered this issue even once in the 3k hours I've spent in this game.

You haven't? Odd. I've gotten my entire giga stuck on a freshly-rendered rock while walking down black sands on the island doing a meat run, only to hop off and see if I can get her to follow me to get unstuck and find myself in an infinite falling loop upon dismounting as I too had became stuck in said stone. Worst part is that I had no tool to break it and a stranger had to come break me out.

47 minutes ago, Masurao said:

Thats actually exceptionally true. What I propose is a PvE solution. As it stands, after a year and a half of doing it, I honestly have no idea why anyone even takes PvP seriously anymore.

Then you better upvote the separate PvP and PvE balances suggestion, cause so far things (nerfs etc) effect both. 

I personally have no idea why people take official servers seriously anymore, both PvP and PvE have major flaws and slow/uneven GM intervention.

Archived