The Modding Contest is BACK!

StudioWildcard

Hello Survivors!

Last year we held a great modding contest where 61 mod authors competed for a grand prize of $15,000. Valguero, Automated ARK, Gunsmoke County, and Primal Fear took home some serious cash prizes. We're happy to announce that after spending some time working on the process and system for managing the contests, that they will be returning on May 31st!

This time around we'll be splitting the contest into two categories for mods and maps. Each category will be judged separately and have its own prize pool. We'll have more information for you about the contest in the coming month but we wanted to give everyone some time to decide on which category they wish to enter and get cracking on projects.

In the meantime, feel free to check out some of the winners from the last contest:

Valguero:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1445088670

Automated ARK:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812655342

DEC7B4E203E52ED999FF421DAD8E338B3D04ABB7

Gunsmoke County:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1278441218

Primal Fear:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839162288

large.PrimalFear.jpg

View full article

would like not to have to restart app (ps4)after every 15mins due to lag or because of white screen/time out after every teleporter/bed use.  

That would be an ideal mod. general rule, fix what is broken first on all platforms before moving on to something else aimed entirely at PC players only. 

This lag nonsense has been ongoing and getting worse these last 3 months, lag was bad before but now it is becoming unplayable even when no one else s on the server to contribute to it. Most times on abberation it times me out at least 15 times before i can actually move properly. No one has the time to be restarting the app and loading up 15 times when they want to enjoy a game in their spare time and they especially do not want to see weekly announcements of whats coming next for PC ONLY when they are dealing with this, this is basic game play that is not running how it should. Do yourselves and us CONSOLE players a favour and rectify this issue please before having grand ideas about the "future". without us there will  be no future for ark..

Edited by Garyo86
  • Thanks 1

Hello. I really thank you for ARK and I do not have much to say about the development of the game. Only, do you think a day corrected all the problems related to Primitive + which makes that nobody can played there. Loading times are really way too long. I have to wait 40 minutes before I can connect to The Island with Primitive +. Lots of people are waiting for a fix for this amazing game mods. I do not know if you would link this message but think so.

11 hours ago, BigBry said:

Will any of this be coming to console because console starts get plain after 2000+ hours of gameplay

Speaking as a big console gamer, it's probably better to invest in a gaming PC, or a service like Shadow. Console games are not known for great mod support since mods are 1) third party and 2) would have to go through the console certification process.

18 hours ago, BigBry said:

Will any of this be coming to console because console starts get plain after 2000+ hours of gameplay

Would love the chance to play some of these awesome mods I hear about, I still love this game but I haven't played in months partly because handfuls of things are broken but mostly because console players have to wait a long time for new content.. it would be really awesome if y'all could take some of these amazing mods and turn them into conversions or downloadable content or something ?

I keep finding mesh bases on xbox, i can eve get proof. I dont know how to report it though. I have lost tames to mesh bases andd really want them dealt with. Also console needs some love, such as a mod map or new servers, such as classic or solo/duo/ or trio servers. If any dev reads this please message me on xbox to deal with the mesh bases, my gt is EvilJester1011. Thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, EvilJester1011 said:

I keep finding mesh bases on xbox, i can eve get proof. I dont know how to report it though. I have lost tames to mesh bases andd really want them dealt with. Also console needs some love, such as a mod map or new servers, such as classic or solo/duo/ or trio servers. If any dev reads this please message me on xbox to deal with the mesh bases, my gt is EvilJester1011. Thanks

You can report them here:

https://support.survivetheark.com

I'm sorry but when is there going to be any new servers or content for consoles... All this stuff is cool n all but not only can we not play this but we can't play on any servers available currently because everyone is a year or more ahead. It's been over a year for fresh servers on console... We didn't get conquest nor did we get classic...at the very least put a temporary cluster for small tribes then open it up in a couple months. You guys are neglecting a huge part of your community and it's not okay

Why dont they add contests for console such as a building contest or just give console the same treatment as PC so that you can play with your favorite youtuber such as my favorite, KingDaddyDMac and second favorite Froggyman. I have been watching them since their first episode of their first series on ark MODDED and I've been wishing that I had a PC it's just sad when you watch a whole hour long video and they both lose their tames and there is nothing you can do

19 hours ago, Garyo86 said:

would like not to have to restart app (ps4)after every 15mins due to lag or because of white screen/time out after every teleporter/bed use.  

That would be an ideal mod. general rule, fix what is broken first on all platforms before moving on to something else aimed entirely at PC players only. 

This lag nonsense has been ongoing and getting worse these last 3 months, lag was bad before but now it is becoming unplayable even when no one else s on the server to contribute to it. Most times on abberation it times me out at least 15 times before i can actually move properly. No one has the time to be restarting the app and loading up 15 times when they want to enjoy a game in their spare time and they especially do not want to see weekly announcements of whats coming next for PC ONLY when they are dealing with this, this is basic game play that is not running how it should. Do yourselves and us CONSOLE players a favour and rectify this issue please before having grand ideas about the "future". without us there will  be no future for ark..

Please do this. I've seen servers where it takes me 10+min to log in after being lagged out IN THE MIDDLE Of A RAID MIND YOU. It would also be nice to do something about note blocking and turreting/metal spike  walling spawns and obelisks.

Edited by modufer

On 5/10/2019 at 2:07 AM, BigBry said:

I hope so I didn't like abberation or extinction maps that much. I know that sounds ungreatful but my type of map is much more open world and scenic views. I have played so for over 4700 hrs but need some new challenges.

Edited by SnowboundGem