Any new dlc information coming out?

Mikeyboy1987

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, d1nk said:

No poop.. they take the random hype youtuber's word for law

"

Best one I saw was one of them using their own game suggestion as a source for new content.

Ced replied to me on social media but because I asked a specific question, his response confirmed my predictions. - It’s not like Ced has been saying that content is coming in response to people that ask him, it could only possibly confirm a specific question.

You mean when the game was in development? 

ARK is a complete game now. It's released, not in early acess development.

We might get a new paid DLC or trilogy. We might get a mod added like prim+ or maps like Center or Ragnarok for free. Maybe a 3rd TLC with updates to early dinos. No one knows. Currently we have been getting bug fixes.

They just added some new building mechanics from structures plus mod, Homestead update. Also reworked the kibble system.

This game is done and dusted. I suspect they are already making plans for ARK 2 if they are not already secretly developing it which is probably likely the case. They tried two other games which failed miserably - some dragon thing and an ARK pirate game. Its clear ARK is their winning formula and one that they should focus their efforts on.

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I suspect they are already making plans for ARK 2 if they are not already secretly developing it which is probably likely the case.

I am not sure how many current or previously burned players would convert over to Ark 2.

There are some fundamental flaws with Ark underlying code that need to be reworked  and this could only happen with an Ark 2 game. WC would be held to a much higher standard by potential customers. Especially after how Atlas was handled.

But as far as a business decision, more DLCs for Ark might be the smarter option.

1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

I am not sure how many current or previously burned players would convert over to Ark 2.

There are some fundamental flaws with Ark underlying code that need to be reworked  and this could only happen with an Ark 2 game. WC would be held to a much higher standard by potential customers. Especially after how Atlas was handled.

But as far as a business decision, more DLCs for Ark might be the smarter option.

I agree the devs need to sort out things like undermeshing and also the issue of exploiting lower graphics settings. This is rarely mentioned on this forum but I have a top end PC and would love to play ARK PVP on a 'high' setting (as shown in all the trailers) but if I do currently I am shooting myself in the foot. This game when you set things to low basically stops rendering things like rocks and bushes which give players a huge advantage in combat not to mention it makes spotting every tiny bases ridiculously easy.

With regards to Atlas that game flopped because of an extreme lack of content. It was a naval combat game yet there was a total of 5 ships, one of which was a mere raft and another which was a very small weak one masted ship which left just 3 ships to pick from for PVP. The other reason why it died was they wiped all the servers and then forced the PVP players to play on new semi PVE servers where you could only do PVP at certain hours. The game was pretty underwhelming...

As for this game DLCs wouldn't make sense because the base population of ARK is steadily dwindling, its now quite an old game. They would be better rejuvenating the player base with a brand new title, with a whole bunch of improvements and new content and gameplay. I for one would like to see the flyers either made less useful or alternatively be given a cluster of no flyer servers. To me flyers apart from those issues I mentioned above, really suck the fun out of this game. It's literally a handful of dinos that outclass all the rest in most ways.

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

They would be better rejuvenating the player base with a brand new title

I personally don't see this happening. All the people who would have bought Ark likely already did. So many of them pop back in and ask if ____ has been fixed.

Dino heads glitching through walls

Flicking on the Center map

Or thousands of other things.

I don't see current or especially former players rushing out to buy Ark 2. The base systems and mechanics would need to be flawless. 

I could see a f2p (cash shop) version of Ark similar to Ark mobile designed for lower end systems doing well. If making money was their goal. Or a better version of survival of the fittest with a good monetization strategy.

Yeah ark 2.0 = Atlas pretty much.

With the release of Atlas they did state they would continue to work on ark and bring new DLC.

55 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I could see a f2p (cash shop) version of Ark similar to Ark mobile designed for lower end systems doing well. If making money was their goal. Or a better version of survival of the fittest with a good monetization strategy.

They monetize Ark and that's it for me, I don't play "Pay to Win" games, I'm sure there are many others who feel the same.

3 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Yeah ark 2.0 = Atlas pretty much.

With the release of Atlas they did state they would continue to work on ark and bring new DLC.

They monetize Ark and that's it for me, I don't play "Pay to Win" games, I'm sure there are many others who feel the same.

Same for me. But there are still a lot of people that would. Ark mobile has been very successful. 

5 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Not sure about console. But as for PC fp2 games have been around a long time and are popular. 

its marketing, you have different genre of people you cater to on mobile, pc, and console.  while some things work on some platforms it doesn't on others.  this is why the majority of pay to win games are games like 'candy crush' and the like that cover all 3 platforms.  only certain types of players will play those games, and each platform has a different player base, even though some play multiple platforms not all do, many stick to one or another still.

(edit - typo)

Just now, caleb68 said:

its marketing, you have different genre of people you cater to on mobile, pc, and console.  while some things work on some platforms it doesn't on others.  this is why the majority of pay to win games are games like 'candy crush' and the like that cover all 3 platforms.  only certain types of players will play those games, and each platform has a different player base, even though some play multiple platforms not all do, many stick to one of another still.

I am thinking back to a time before mobile games existed and MMOs were just making a switch from subscription based monetization to cash shop (either no/little p2w or obvious p2w).

Just now, Aylana314159 said:

I am thinking back to a time before mobile games existed and MMOs were just making a switch from subscription based monetization to cash shop (either no/little p2w or obvious p2w).

most mmo's at that time weren't play to win either, most of the items they sold in their stores were xp/food boosts and skins.   Things people didn't have to buy to get anywhere.

Now think about games like dead space  series, its a prime example of Pay to win failing both on PC and Consoles, and basically killed the series.  It was a jump in the wrong direction with the game and cost them money in both the short and long run.  People having to either spend countless days regrinding the same level over and over to get to where they can advance to the next or pay to win.  

While with some games it may very well work, other games like ark, I see it failing, losing players and causing more problems then its worth.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

The only way they could keep ARK 2 (if its ever made) would be subscription model

or more of a world based thing like Atlas, bringing multiple arks together connected by travel across land / sea, but limited how often one can cross a zone (i.e. can't continuously enter/exit zones like atlas, 5 minute cool down or such).

As it stands with extinction if you've seen the ending, that really is the only way ark 2 would make any sense.

I was thinking about something the other day.  I have spent under $100 dollars for ARK.  

I have played 2000-3000 hours easily.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten my money's worth from this game.  

Is it perfect?  No - but what game is?

My point is, all I ever see is people complaining about a game that they spent a relatively small amount of money on. Yet most likely have played for 1000's of hours.

Hell, there are Youtubers who are making a living doing nearly nothing but playing ARK.

Is it possible that today's consumers are just ungrateful?

33 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I was thinking about something the other day.  I have spent under $100 dollars for ARK.  

My point is, all I ever see is people complaining about a game that they spent a relatively small amount of money on. Yet most likely have played for 1000's of hours.

Hell, there are Youtubers who are making a living doing nearly nothing but playing ARK.

Dont forget - most playing here paid only 10$ for it in early access myself included. We didnt even have to pay full price for the game. 

29 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I feel I got my money's worth for the hours I have put in also.

I do try to stay away from the complaint threads there are many but will post in the bug section if there is a problem. 

People do tend to post the same stuff over again rather than adding their voices to already existing threads in bug sections but that's up to them I just skip over them.

Love that you tubers can make a living off a game I enjoy. Yes I get annoyed at stuff sometimes, but I certainly feel greatful for the game.

Archived