Oceania, 1% completion

This post is no longer credible. The new map is called The Sunken World, and I am no longer part of the development team, everything here is old and outdated info. Don't believe this stuff.

Oceania, 1% completion

Hey survivors!

I'm presenting you with a future map that I and my friends are working on! Unlike the other maps, this map is mainly water, in fact I'm going for a layout of 90% water to 10% land. We are somewhat in the concept/early development stage, and over the summer I will be working around the clock to get the map finished, and it will continue throughout this year and possibly into next year. The map, like the name implys, is based around water, and it takes many of the ark biomes and turns them into underwater variants, along with new biomes, custom resources, items, weapons, creatures and structures.

Unique Features

- A variety of new biomes, including a toxic sea, coral dome, element plains and many others.

- Many old biomes turned into underwater variants.

- Creatures designed specifically for this map, although compatible with others. Almost all are amphibious or water based.

- Custom lore and explorer notes, possible custom ascension.

- Custom items, weapons, and structures.

Plans

- Finish the map.

- Making the creatures, animating them, texturing them, making saddles for ridable creatures.

- Finishing the items, weapons, and structures.

- Bug fixing.

- Releasing on steam.

- Hopefully getting sponsored.

We gained inspiration from Ragnarok (interactable terrain, stuff like that), and also from The Center for many ocean features. I would also like to give credit to Unreal Engine 4 and the ARK Dev Kit, which we are using to make the map itself, and Blender for the creature modeling.

If anyone would like to help out, talk to use personally, or have a discussion on future plans or features please visit our discord server. A link can be found below.

Discord Link

• 2 weeks later...

I am one of the admins making this mod, james and i along with our trusty crew are starting to make this map, after we will be making a frozen map then a floating island map, if u guys have anymore map ideas that r solid, we could put them on our list, we hope we will become sponsored and even have the ocean map added to ark. we have had the youtuber loadedcrysis make a video about our ocean map, same with nueroku, sorry if i spelt it wrong, we have a youtuber in our group called gman, he streams on twitch and posts o youtube, he along with the rest of the team will be hosting a server, we have not decided if it will be public or not, we will be recording the gameplay posting it,

regards Kodking194

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, WeeWooTime said:

KodKing do you guys have a discord?

Sorry for the really late response, but we do have a discord. Unfortunately, work on Oceania has come to a halt and we have merged with another group ARK: The Sunken World who have a much more developed map. If you would like I could send you a link to their discord.

Archived