Rex Stats for Island Bosses

adamsmith

I am new to the boss fighting realm. For my first boss, I beat the gamma brood mother easily with 12 rexes at 20K HP and 500 Melee with primative saddles, a yuti, and  daeodon. I am on The Island now and want to defeat all of the alpha bosses. Would my current boss dinos be good enough for all of the alphas on the Island? What stats would be needed for rexes to fight alpha bosses?

2 hours ago, adamsmith said:

I am new to the boss fighting realm. For my first boss, I beat the gamma brood mother easily with 12 rexes at 20K HP and 500 Melee with primative saddles, a yuti, and  daeodon. I am on The Island now and want to defeat all of the alpha bosses. Would my current boss dinos be good enough for all of the alphas on the Island? What stats would be needed for rexes to fight alpha bosses?

I would get some better saddles, the bosses get exponentially harder with every difficulty boost.  I ran the beta broodmother with rexes ranging from 20k to 30k HP and any of them that had primitive saddles died or were very close to dying when they took down the beta broodmother.  My rex saddles are 70ish armor and the beta broodmother still hits like a truck.

1 hour ago, adamsmith said:

So, by upgrading my saddles to MC+, I will be able to defeat all alphas on the Island with my current dinos?

You can maybe do Alpha Ape, but I would not attempt any dragon or Alpha Broodmother.  Dragon does percentage based damage with its flame attacks so saddles dont help much.  You are better off getting a decent lightning wyvern and killing the titans on extinction if you are trying to get tech engrams.  When you take on the bosses solo half of the battle is luck so there is a pretty good chance the alpha broodmother will tank most of the rexes hits and kill them even with 70ish armor.  I would go tops beta broodmother.  If you wanna take out the dragon Therizinosaurs are the best method filled with cakes.

Archived