get rid of the level 450 dino despawn breeders going to start quiting soon.

sebahefner

Suggestion

hi sorry for my spanglish, the part i enjoy the most in ark is breeding have tousends of hours on it.

wildcard pleace a dino cap of 450 level and i know it when dinos start desapearing but they didnt told about it so you are going to lern it the hard way.

the cap is a limit to every person breeding so when a breeder hit it they need to quit the game cause your game is over, so i think you have to get rid of it or at list make it to 600 level or somthing, mabe increse the level 100 each year dont know but you cant make breeders quit your game.

also you must be clear about it, it takes too much time to breed a line and raise creatures and one day all your dinos desapear because you didnt told people about it.

33 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

But I thought it wasn't about right or wrong???  Hahaha, Seb proved the point I was trying to make basically.

In the beginning when I typed the first thing, I figured I would be nitpicked for saying that about breeders.  If I said "considered" instead of "called," which I almost did, none of this would have happened.  I sometimes hate saying stuff on the forums because the conversation degrades into a meta-discussion about conversations.  You have to literally cover every base, tie up any loose end, and it just gets exhaustive or else you can't actually get people to talk to you because it becomes about the exact precise raptoring word you used and someone having to insist you are wrong.  So, change "called" to "considered," and THEN actually add to the suggestion.

It was honestly not an enjoyable conversation, because absolutely none of it was necessary!  That's the only issue, nothing changes.  You aren't going to change your mind, and neither am I.  I stand by my original assessment though, with the single word modified:  Competent breeders consider speed and oxygen (on some creatures) wasted points.  If you have a big hardon for getting a high level only, you are a bad breeder.  We can't just have a friggin' simple discussion about an idea to a suggestion, because people have to get their panties in a tizzy over a single bleedin' word that is for whatever reason challenging.

Of course you can't change my mind about agreeing to something that is inaccurate like your initial claim was but you can about the new reworded version, most breeders competent or otherwise do consider points in speed to be wasted points, agreed

New Breeding Project:  Cutting crap-stats like o2, speed, and stam for battle lines!  Unridden dinos have infinite stam, o2 is useless on -MOST- land dinos, and speed is literally called EDIT: considered "wasted" points by any competent breeder.  Could go farther and cut all points to weight too, and just turn your army on disable victim item collection and disable harvesting.

Move on, Lowly.  Add to the damn discussion.

9 hours ago, Lowly said:

Of course you can't change my mind about agreeing to something that is inaccurate like your initial claim was but you can about the new reworded version, most breeders competent or otherwise do consider points in speed to be wasted points, agreed

Keep it going without adding to the discussion!  One more response.

2 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

New Breeding Project:  Cutting crap-stats like o2, speed, and stam for battle lines!  Unridden dinos have infinite stam, o2 is useless on -MOST- land dinos, and speed is literally called "wasted" points by any competent breeder.  Could go farther and cut all points to weight too, and just turn your army on disable victim item collection and disable harvesting.

I'm a. More then competent breeder and I call speed by its name  instead of giving it another name when it already has a name, Stam speed oxy food and weight are all wasted points for unridden boss fighters but we don't call oxy wasted even on water creatures that have points in oxygen even though there oxygen only runs out when saber tooth salmon bite them

2 minutes ago, Lowly said:

I'm a. More then competent breeder and I call speed by its name  instead of giving it another name when it already has a name, Stam speed oxy food and weight are all wasted points for unridden boss fighters but we don't call oxy wasted even on water creatures that have points in oxygen even though there oxygen only runs out when saber tooth salmon bite them

That's a great story, but it changes nothing.  Wasted points are still wasted and have no impact on dino usability.  Don't get caught up on definitions and meta-conversation, just think of a breeding project to remove those stats or get them to single digits.

2 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

That's a great story, but it changes nothing.  Wasted points are still wasted and have no impact on dino usability.  Don't get caught up on definitions and meta-conversation, just think of a breeding project to remove those stats or get them to single digits.

I was commenting on your assumption that all competent breeders refer to speed as wasted, when having higher torpor is sometimes beneficial and then speed no longer becomes wasted as it is useful to raise torpor value

I also don't need to think of breeding projects for stats, mmy Rex's hatch at 220-290 with good enough stats to defeat any guardian and I spend my breeding time making pure coloured Rex's so I don't need to lower stats anymore, I gave up on that a year ago

6 minutes ago, Lowly said:

I was commenting on your assumption that all competent breeders refer to speed as wasted, when having higher torpor is sometimes beneficial and then speed no longer becomes wasted as it is useful to raise torpor value

With a Rex (or dino of choice) capable of 1500% (or more) melee damage, fights do not last long enough for big torpor pools to be needed anymore.  This is from many bossruns on Island, Rag, SE, and Ab.  Again, it's a means to an end to re-breed to lean-out your lines.  It's not like back in the day, when we were trying to kill Alpha Rag with 750% melee Rexs and having a few pass out.  It all folds over at a disgusting rate with 2019 ARK Rex stats.

EDIT:  And yes, many people and sources refer to speed and o2 on some creatures as wasted stats.  That isn't an opinion, it is an easily observable fact of stats and how people label them.  Don't take it personally.  If you know what you are doing, well then...  You know what you are doing.

speed its wasted stat always dont mater what, same oxi in a flyer or in most creatures, think is i have 15k hours in ark and i know what im doing.

if i said im hiting cap limit in some dinos is with 0 points in oxi and speed, then what 0 points weigt, food? you know how dificult would be to raise somthing like that?

the cap must change or breeders eventualy will quit the game thats a fact.

5 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

With a Rex (or dino of choice) capable of 1500% (or more) melee damage, fights do not last long enough for big torpor pools to be needed anymore.  This is from many bossruns on Island, Rag, SE, and Ab.  Again, it's a means to an end to re-breed to lean-out your lines.  It's not like back in the day, when we were trying to kill Alpha Rag with 750% melee Rexs and having a few pass out.  It all folds over at a disgusting rate with 2019 ARK Rex stats.

EDIT:  And yes, many people and sources refer to speed and o2 on some creatures as wasted stats.  That isn't an opinion, it is an easily observable fact of stats and how people label them.  Don't take it personally.  If you know what you are doing, well then...  You know what you are doing.

Many people isn't every or any competent breeder, I'll accept many people. But your blanket claim of any competent breeder wasn't true, that was the point I was trying to make, there are competent breeders pit there who call it by its name, and yes most call it wasted but it wasn't my point to say they where not wasted, they may be wasted but when its name is speed why must we make a new name for it?

Just now, sebahefner said:

speed its wasted stat always dont mater what, same oxi in a flyer or in most creatures, think is i have 15k hours in ark and i know what im doing.

if i said im hiting cap limit in some dinos is with 0 points in oxi and speed, then what 0 points weigt, food? you know how dificult would be to raise somthing like that?

the cap must change or breeders eventualy will quit the game thats a fact.

Nah Seb, just a goofy idea I had.  And food?  Heck no.  But while low weight would make it tough, it would be possible.  Even leaving weight high and trying to cut stam/o2/speed would be project enough though!

4 minutes ago, Lowly said:

Many people isn't every or any competent breeder, I'll accept many people. But your blanket claim of any competent breeder wasn't true, that was the point I was trying to make, there are competent breeders pit there who call it by its name, and yes most call it wasted but it wasn't my point to say they where not wasted, they may be wasted but when its name is speed why must we make a new name for it?

That's why I was saying, try not to get caught up in the meta-conversation, though you basically conceded back that my point is simultaneously right and wrong at the same time?  You do you though.  Wasted points don't matter.

EDIT:  We aren't going to agree on this.  Don't take it so personally.

1 minute ago, TheDonn said:

Nah Seb, just a goofy idea I had.  And food?  Heck no.  But while low weight would make it tough, it would be possible.  Even leaving weight high and trying to cut stam/o2/speed would be project enough though!

its not belibe me if the cap stay you eventualy will hit it fact, what you are talking is what im doing to aboid the cap but i have less room very day, probably will quit tha game any way but hate doing it cause of a stupid limit. 

and speed its there from the first day and it was variable before they fixed and now its a waste so 0 is what you need, use the sabed points in a usefull stat.

1 minute ago, sebahefner said:

its not belibe me if the cap stay you eventualy will hit it fact, what you are talking is what im doing to aboid the cap but i have less room very day, probably will quit tha game any way but hate doing it cause of a stupid limit. 

and speed its there from the first day and it was variable before they fixed and now its a waste so 0 is what you need, use the sabed points in a usefull stat.

You are right...  But I guess it depends on how much ARK the developers plan on giving us (xpacs/mod-maps).

7 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

That's why I was saying, try not to get caught up in the meta-conversation, though you basically conceded back that my point is simultaneously right and wrong at the same time?  You do you though.  Wasted points don't matter.

EDIT:  We aren't going to agree on this.  Don't take it so personally.

We already did agree, you said most people call it wasted points, so if it makes you feel happy I'll say I conceded even though that doesn't matter who was right as it wasn't about being right or wrong. It was a point about blanket claims, blanket claims are generally not a good idea

6 minutes ago, Lowly said:

We already did agree, you said most people call it wasted points, so if it makes you feel happy I'll say I conceded even though that doesn't matter who was right as it wasn't about being right or wrong. It was a point about blanket claims, blanket claims are generally not a good idea

If a statement is accurate, a statement is accurate.  That is my point, blanket or not.

i make it ease to see what i mean, your max level born should be 375 or 380 if you want probably you will never level all the way.

in a creature that need 3 stats your max level is 125 points every stats and 0 the rest, so you can see thats doable there are creatures with 125+ points already.

i breed lots of creatures and manas as an example use all the stats, you can take just speed and oxi, but some people like to use them underwater.

so you can see the problem already, my manas already pas cap limit im taking oxi and speed out of my line but in 3 month i have no more room.

1 minute ago, TheDonn said:

If a statement is accurate, a statement is accurate.  That is my point, blanket or not.

Saying all competent breeders call speed by the name wasted is not accurate as all do not, most do but lost is not all, that's all I feel I have to say on the matter unless I feel that your next reply warrants another reply

I hope there are no negative feelings and it was an enjoyable conversation with you

1 minute ago, Lowly said:

Saying all competent breeders call speed by the name wasted is not accurate as all do not, most do but lost is not all, that's all I feel I have to say on the matter unless I feel that your next reply warrants another reply

I hope there are no negative feelings and it was an enjoyable conversation with you

he is rigt speed its a waste, what you need for the torpor is the level not the speed, so you can take 30 point from speed ans move it to mele, then you have a better creature with same level and torpor, speed is poop.

3 minutes ago, sebahefner said:

he is rigt speed its a waste, what you need for the torpor is the level not the speed, so you can take 30 point from speed ans move it to mele, then you have a better creature with same level and torpor, speed is poop.

Agreed but he is also not right, not EVERY competent breeder calls speed by the name wasted. It may be a waste to have leveled there but not all competent breeders call it by that name.

Archived