Weigh In: What do you look for in events?

Cedric

What do you look for in events?  

553 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for in events?

• Boosted Rates
    • A Fitting Theme
    • Unique Skins
    • Unique Items
    • Random Colored Dinos

24 minutes ago, BIGGUNZ said:

Events should offer us something we cant get any other time without the event.  Colors are nice, skins are okay but both dont really help out.  However increased baby maturation and decreased food consumption should be more regular.  Even dropping a few more 3x or 4x weekends here and there apart from the regularly expected 2x.   The game is on it's way out sadly and only new players and old die hard players are left.  Would be a nice change to the weekly 2x to help get each aspect of our games ahead.  Would be cool to introduce pvp events.  As a console player i always hoped for SOTF and it never came.   Anything to give us reasons to explore or go to areas we wouldn't normally choose to for regular grinding.  More things like the dodorex.   Need cool and exciting events not boring colors and skins would be my suggestion.    Theres a lot of players who dont care for pretty dinos or getting a skin to change something thats already in the game..  

"On its way out" according to what stats? Only new players and die hard players? So all the players? All the new players turn into regular players and the die hard players stay diehard or go more casual. 

Got stats to back it up or just talking out your arse? 

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, d1nk said:

"On its way out" according to what stats? Only new players and die hard players? So all the players? All the new players turn into regular players and the die hard players stay diehard or go more casual. 

Got stats to back it up or just talking out your arse? 

Why are you so upset? Stats?? Lol...? Only people that i know who play ark have had it since day 1 or have recently purchased the game.  Many people in between have stopped playing, over half my original friends on Ark. Leaving only die hards who have stuck it out and new comers who haven't had enough yet.  On it's way out based off of everyone i've spoken to?  The fact extinction was the last expected major DLC for the game?  It's been YEARS, you cant argue that ark is about to hit an upswing or anything... It's MY opinion based off MY experience.  Please dont respond to me again. I don't appreciate rude people.

46 minutes ago, BIGGUNZ said:

Why are you so upset? Stats?? Lol...? Only people that i know who play ark have had it since day 1 or have recently purchased the game.  Many people in between have stopped playing, over half my original friends on Ark. Leaving only die hards who have stuck it out and new comers who haven't had enough yet.  On it's way out based off of everyone i've spoken to?  The fact extinction was the last expected major DLC for the game?  It's been YEARS, you cant argue that ark is about to hit an upswing or anything... It's MY opinion based off MY experience.  Please dont respond to me again. I don't appreciate rude people.

It generally seen as good practice to back up statements such as 'game on its way out' with a stat or reference. Steam average player number per month seems to be relatively stable with the usual peaks and troughs that you would expect for a game of Arks age. I would imagine what comes next will be produce interesting results to the player count. 

Personally my opinion is that at least in terms of big main events should cater to all server types and pure rate based events doesnt serve much use to Unofficial servers. Doesnt mean that they cant stick in more rate based events for official benefit but they seem to limit those for the good of server health from my understanding, but they seem to be receptive to the idea of doing more recentlywhich surprised me a little bit. What I wouldnt give to see the dodorex again though, that would be great ! 

45 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

It generally seen as good practice to back up statements such as 'game on its way out' with a stat or reference. Steam average player number per month seems to be relatively stable with the usual peaks and troughs that you would expect for a game of Arks age.

I normally would agree if i was replying to someone for conversation sake but I commented purely for the developers who would not be responding, not to back up my opinion.  I only play xbox official and have had hundreds of friends who play and most have quit due to major flaws in the game.     Im not saying the game is dying but the game is either on a steady plateau or it's declining.  Player numbers will flux but im speaking overall in ARKS timeline it is moving out the door not starting to enter it.  For a game of this style and with it's age it is impressive the interest in it still but that doesn't change that the support is only going to go south from where it's at in due time which is obvious i was just stating my opinion.     It wont be a true picture because i do not play pve or player dedicated servers but imo if official servers die (which they have been and are) then the game will follow 

Unique creatures and skins only available during the event but can be kept after the event has ended

The Oriental New Year brings so much possibilities such as Nian and Baku - breedable time-limited creatures

The dates or events could be monthly as there are more than enough small holidays to go around... Bastille Day (La bete etc), George's Day, and so on

A lot of work but something I think a lot of people would appreciate

On 5/15/2019 at 5:49 PM, BIGGUNZ said:

More content  on the way :) according to cedric 

Skins, colors... can be pretty, but if all events give you that, it has no value.

I would appreciate events what really helps you

1. accelerated rates (for gaining experience, for harvesting, for breeding, for mass production)
  2. lowered costs (for building, for using rare resources)
  3. changed requirements (lowered kibble layer for kibble taming, changed requirement for boss arena)
  4. changed taming effectivness
  5. changed tamed animals statistics (faster, or stronger etc)
  6. access to specific items (for example cryofridge)
  7. access to high quality items (like in Winter Wonderland but wider variety)

or chalenges you

1. environmental threats (temperature, storms, 
  2. live threats (herbivors randomly became aggresive (like in SOTF), changed spawn areas for carnivores)
  3. reversed what helps you

or combines all of it.

Like others I'd like to see Fear evolved and winter events return in (something closer to ) their original format, bring back Dodorex and Dodowyvern and include the much mooted vampires and werewolf infections which were eagerly anticipated but ultimately failed to appear.

Boosted maturation rates were good particularly for those who have jobs, studies or families and couldn't be on enough to 100% imprint a wyvern or a giga.  But these (with the exception of the valentines and Extralife events ) boosted rate events aren't particularly special and the use of cryopods now means that you can spread raising babies over whatever timescale suits your personal situation and still get 100% imprint. 

Event coloured dinos are cool I have some nice examples myself, but the more frequently these take place the less special the colour variations will become.

If the Devs want to put effort into something that will provide in my opinion an enjoyable experience for the community I'd like to see the special events made more special again,  like they were in early access, thanks.

• Cedric locked and unpinned this topic

Archived