Jump to content

Weigh In: What do you look for in events?


What do you look for in events?  

553 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you look for in events?

    • Boosted Rates
      337
    • A Fitting Theme
      260
    • Unique Skins
      246
    • Unique Items
      303
    • Random Colored Dinos
      354


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fear evolved... Killer turkeys... Back when events were actually events not just a week of pretty things.

Maybe you guys could finally add the Vampire/Werewolf disease transformations you had planned for Fear Evolved in 2016. I had a source tell me that you almost had it done and working well but then scr

Special perks like the increased loot quality from the Christmas event 2 years ago.

Posted Images

On the server that I play on; the things that seem to be appreciated the most are the Colored Dinos, Boosted Rates, and the Consumable Drop Items. 

Something we have also discussed as a server group in our chats would be how the events could be added to for a bit of additional fun.

- Adding a Tameable Creature to the Event-

Example: Easter Event: Tameable rideable rabbit and/or shoulder pet bunny. 

  • They would only appear when the Easter Event is active
  • There would only be one wild variant of the creatures(s) on the map at a time - like the unicorn. 
  • 75% chance that those found would be male, 25% chance that they would be female.  - hard to catch, harder to find a pair to breed. 
  • The Rabbit:
    • They would add an insulation boost to the rider
    • They would tame only with Rockroot
    • They would hop as opposed to run.
      • Fall damage would be minimal- and if a large hop was activated as with the procoptodon, they wouldn't go as high or as far, but the fall damage would be less. 
    • They would drop meat and fur as opposed to meat and hide. 
    • If harvesting bushes, they would have a chance to harvest rockroot along with the berries. 
    • If killed, the rabbit would drop a lucky rabbit's foot that would provide a temporary experience boost when added to the shield box on the character screen. 
    • If left on wander, they would harvest berry bushes 
  • The Bunny: 
    • They would add an insulation boost to the person carrying them
    • They would add the effect of the character taking less fall damage. - visually they wouldn't do anything, it would be a slight effect. 
    • They would add the effect of the character jumping higher - visually they wouldn't do anything, it would be a slight effect. 
    • They would tame only with Rockroot
    • If left on wander, they would harvest berry bushes 

- Adding Event Boss's to the Event-

Example: Easter Event: Jackalope and King Jackalope

  • During the event, wild Jackalope could be seen hopping around the map. When killed, they would drop meat, fur, and a tribute item resembling their horns. 
  • Collect enough of the tribute item and you can summon the King Jackalope via an obelisk, cooking fire, or any other method determined best suited. 
  • If defeated, the King Jackalope would drop a skin set for clothing and a weapon, element, trophy, and a variety of Easter Themed extra's that would otherwise be gathered or cooked to create. 

Example: Easter Event: Easter Dodo's and King Dodo

  • Nearly identical to the above, but would rely on a different creature set. 

These are just a few that we have discussed/talked about as a group. There are others that we have talked about for other events, but as the Easter Event was the most recent, it seemed to the most familiar and therefore the easier to reference. 

And it is merely a discussion point. I realize that it would be additional work and coding to have these types of items/creatures added to events, and that they aren't for everyone. 

Thank you for asking for and allowing us to provide impute on the matter discussed. ?

*proposed as a PVE console player, admin, and cluster coder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a player with my own local "server" I play on mostly solo or with 1-2 closest friends or relatives, I could boost most rates on my own. Various colored dinos are a good thing. It would be the best if we would get more different colors across a year. Though my favorite events were ones with some special dinos like dodorex, dodowyvern, skeletal dinos, super turkeys. I would like to see a next Fear Evolved (maybe not only FE) with tameable event super dinos that you could keep after the event is over with an ini option to make them permanent. Dodorex for the Island, Dodowyvern for Scorched Earth, Dodoreaper for Aberration, Dodogasbags the size of a titan for Extinction or whatever else. A good loot events with something hard to aquire on a map (cryopods, map exclusives) and boosted quality items, like Winter Wonderland with Raptor Claus are valuable too. Event music by outstanding Gareth Coker is what made me fall in love with the game from the very first day I played it on 2015.10.31. Map makeover like mist, graves, pumpkins, snow, autumn tree leaves; alterated dino spawns (I have got my first Argentavis on the Red Obelisk island; there were Kairukus too). Special consumables for dinos, like candies and chocolate, and humans (... cough, cough... Dino mindwipe?.. cough...). "Re-open" already found explore notes to get the boost again with some greeting instead of already seen note? A few long wanted options, features, fixes timed with an event patch?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to see boosted rates during the week not just on the weekend.

This goes for all events most of us that have full time jobs and family's can get more time on the game at nights when the kids go to bed then I can during the weekend.

Or remove the 2x event during the weekends and boost the rates all the time 2x and have random breeding events

Link to post
Share on other sites

i personaly loved the music in the events and mostly tameing all the pretty high lv dinos i see the costmetics i dont rlly care for but thats just me the christmass event brought in the presents wich was rlly fun to find and chase after raptor clause halloween has been scarey but i never encounter the dodorex despite it spawning in on the island i am actualy happy i didn't run in to it. xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need more event dinos (example dodo rex/wyvern an actual easter bunny not just a skin).

And special event things (example lycanthropy and vampirism).

Make special events and holiday events special and unique not just new skins and colored dinos.

Edited by invincibleqc
Please avoid using all caps when posting on the forums. Thanks!
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see boosted rates for higher level dinos. Maybe an added 10 percent rate to find a max level dino for a week or two. Keep the festive colors for holidays. It's a fun way for single players to boost their breeding pools stagnant colors. Another Extinction type event. Where new notes appear, I'm sure dozens of survivors haven't made it.  Increase player level cap for each beaten boss by 1 or 2 during the event. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't see anything about enhanced loot from cave drops or difficult to get to crates.

I really think we need something to mix up the loot we get during events or even during regular time.

It comes from having seen the chocolates (with taming speed) from the valentine event.

here's my idea.. CRYO SICKNESS loot modifier. Item which Cuts in half your cryosickness. THIS would be wonderful and many people would have incentive to run caves if something like this were placed somewhere (maybe caves? maybe underwater?) there during events OR even during regular times

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant vote either???

Random Colored Dinos followed by boosted rates, the archaeology events was cool for the dino colours changing each month (really miss that). It would be cool to have monthly colours, even if the coloured dinos were more rare than during usual events.

It seems the things you probably spend most time on... skins / decorations / themes are what are least desired.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see a community boss where it would be on the map attacking everything it sees (not player made buildings though), making all players get together to get it down. It could respawn every 6 hrs after it has been killed. 

Would be great to make a community work together for once. like 50 players on a server all start taking it down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Cedric locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...