Weigh In: What do you look for in events?

Cedric

What do you look for in events?  

553 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for in events?

• Boosted Rates
    • A Fitting Theme
    • Unique Skins
    • Unique Items
    • Random Colored Dinos

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since, I can't seem to vote:
Fitting themes/challenges, e.g. Dodorex/RaptorClaus. Boosted breeding or drop rates. Special skins (that stay tied to your character, like the achievement ones). 

NOT colored dinos.  That's gotten so old, and breeding mutations gets the same thing.

Challenges like the Dodorex/wyvern were the best, because it felt good to finally work for a fight again.

We definitely need more skins for our avatars. Even dresses or pirate attire etc. If you guys decide to make that a small thing to pay for like dollar weekly limited skins or something that would be awesome. Love to support your great game.

As for events. Colored dinos are THE BEST ❤️ The only drawback is with dodos or something you guys make for the festive we cant catch them.. if you do festive special dinos can you do double spawn rates for them so we can get colored dodos to tame along with santa dropping dodos? 

Santa and all those other events you guys put out are great.. I think you guys need some new ideas though too like.. maybe a giant Santa Dodorex and everyone who damaged it in some way as long as theyre around when it dies gets a skin. That would be fun and a cool event for servers who want to do stuff together as an event. We need bosses to beat together as a server would be really cool way to get the community together too. Maybe to solve the issue for pvp servers anyone who hits the boss gets a player damage immunity for like 5 minutes everytime they hit it.. it resets the timer.

Maturation events are the cats meow. LOVE THOSE ❤️ btw officials is kinda hard and slow at times to raise dinos so having it a bit more often even at 2x would be nice and help crowd the servers a bit less during the bigger maturation events since people did their projects a bit earlier. 

14 hours ago, TyrannosaurusMoose said:

Since, I can't seem to vote:
Fitting themes/challenges, e.g. Dodorex/RaptorClaus. Boosted breeding or drop rates. Special skins (that stay tied to your character, like the achievement ones). 

NOT colored dinos.  That's gotten so old, and breeding mutations gets the same thing.

Challenges like the Dodorex/wyvern were the best, because it felt good to finally work for a fight again.

Cant get those Colors on unbreedables and I personally collect event Reaper so its not getting old at all.

There's literally a million different things you could add to this thread to celebrate holidays and events.  The typical run of the mill stuff:

• Boosted Rates
  • Event Colors
  • Special Items; skins / appearances / holiday eggs for dinos
  • Rare dinos added (dodo wyvern, etc etc.) 

Truthfully, I'm surprised this isn't something that isn't integrated into an automated calendar based cycle, you simply get to the appropriate dates, and the holiday event settings kick in. Seems a little odd that they aren't a consistently generated event, would be easier to work around the holiday/events for additional dlcs and content if you had a baseline event firing on a predictable and reliable timeframe.

Personally, I'd like to see event only cosmetic things added to that list:

• Special furniture for bases
  • Special Buff foods
  • Special Engram unlocks
  • Achievement unlocks
  • Rare special prizes that are "found" in chests around the world. (maybe an awesome gun, or armor, or a tek box of goodies)

Again, my first thought is that establishing a concrete, automated, event timeline that fires reliably every year at the same time would be the most helpful, postponing Fear Evolved for years at a time because the Dev team is too busy doesn't sit well with the playerbase who *cough* pays the Devs. Anyhoo. just my thoughts.

I enjoy boosted rates and the colored dinos. Something I'd appreciate even more is being able to keep unique items after an event. I loved the snowmen and christmas trees. I didn't want a billion of them but one set at a time in any tribe or something would be nice. Same with the easter eggs etc. I'd like to keep the event items and be able to place them long after the events are done.

In addition perhaps there could be unique tames during these events? I know that you have skins but they just are not as awesome as just taming the real dino. We have a phoenix and unicorns as unique harder to find tames. It'd be amazing if there were chances at taming other unique creatures related to an event.

• Cedric locked and unpinned this topic

Archived