Weigh In: What do you look for in events?

Cedric

What do you look for in events?  

553 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for in events?

• Boosted Rates
    • A Fitting Theme
    • Unique Skins
    • Unique Items
    • Random Colored Dinos

I apologize for my English, but it is not my native language

I like all but i would like new dinosaurs (I buy ark few years ago for only dinosaurs). I like skins for saddles/ dinos etc. or rare dinos e.g. Zombie, unicorn(now Unicorn u can tame on Valguero). Ark chronicles get new skins for bronto (brachiosaur) trike, and pachy (why not add 3 new dinos? They dont must give special attak another than bronto/trike/pachy ...)

I remember x-mas event + new years, halloween, (summer event i dont remember because i m Lifeguard on Beach :l )

My suggestion is add new unique dinos (e.g. zombie dodo, wyvern) although unique skins for dino. I like to collect in this game.

"DLC Anniversary Events" e.g. Extinction and giveaway corrupted dino skins for normal dinos(simmilar to character for armor) (corrupted spino for normal/aberr spino , corrupted stego skin for normal/aberr/tek stego (corrupted tek stego must look amazing!) Corrupted Reaper king skin for Reaper king, corrupted rex skin for normal/tek rex., corrupted giga skin for giga etc) Similar with bone skeleton skins or bionic for dinos.

Another thing, you could do something for forgotten dinosaurs (e.g. Pve) I will not speak on pvp because i do not play there. I preferred ARK: Survive of the fittest (which I will mention soon)...

Liopleurodon is very rare water short-necked plesio. U tamed with honey, it's hard with him, and he only has 30 minutes (for me it is stupid) but you can associate events with him e.g. Tame him and in invectory plesiosaur i can found special items/skins/blueprints/ (maybe cryopod with special dino?- dodo xD) etc.

Titanosaur on PvE. it would be cool to see a titanosaur at extinction among other titans I think that he would be tame faster by small / medium clans than on others servers. Extinction Titans are often dead or tame. But titanosaur no one tames him, which I think is harder and more expensive to tame than extinction titans.
My suggestion - add titanosaurs to extinction,island,center,valguero (maybe not abber because little space) during the event tame titanosaur, eats berries / kibbles and may be few titanosaurs for time event (end event - titanosaurs auto-decays), and more titanosaurs than 3 on the map (normal spawn similar to giga).

do new things, but as unique as it once was !

ARK:Survive of the fittest - i very like it. you win = you get skins to normal ark ! E.g. cups (on legacy servers i have all cups (all versions)) image.thumb.png.6161127e9987a23de71430b6ffc37f43.pngimage.thumb.png.a703012a9c62929090bb6f6cbf9462af.png

ARK:SOFT still have that really had potential. just motivate the players for prizes in a normal ark(winner tribe in ARK:SOFT have in normal ARK x2 breeding time for 1-2 day include that everyone will start playing ARK: SOFT lmao XD)  or make on steam event - ARK:SOFT free for weekend etc.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2019 at 1:46 PM, Syntac said:

Maybe you guys could finally add the Vampire/Werewolf disease transformations you had planned for Fear Evolved in 2016. I had a source tell me that you almost had it done and working well but then scrapped it. Other than that, I loved the Dodo Rex/Wyvern Events you used to have, so more of that kind of thing would be fun!

I remember hearing that and would be awesome. Vampire and werewolfsee for event would be awesome. Also dodo wyvern and dodo Rex were awesome. Maybe a dodo titan for extinction lol 

16 minutes ago, WolfWindWalker said:

Recuerdo haber escuchado eso y sería genial. El vampiro y el hombre lobo para el evento serían increíbles. También dodo wyvern y dodo Rex fueron increíbles. Tal vez un dodo titán para la extinción jajaja 

One Titan dodo is the best crazy idea common will card I neds dodos

I too like the rest of the community enjoy the dino colors for the events, the skins eh I can live without, but I am also one of the old school players that remembers events when they were actually events.  To regular evolution events are nice especially for solo or small tribes that can kinda even the playing field as far as resource gathering that the bigger tribes can accomplish.  Reading down through these comments I see a ton of awesome ideas that really wouldn’t be that hard to implement and would really revitalize that “oh man that was fun!” factor that was once a major portion of ARK Survival Evolved.  The fear evolved event was pretty awesome,  and I agree should definitely be at the top of the list to do again.  The turkeys were badass!!!!!!!  I was more scared to hit a turkey than a wild 150 giga while on a meat run, if that says anything lol.  The raptor clause was awesome as well but being a PvE player it got HOSTILE when that came around.....if you could catch up to it and find where it dropped presents.  Needless to say it was still awesome and fun, by far, so maybe increase the rate the raptor claus spawns in or lengthen the duration so everyone at least has a chance to enjoy it.  The next one I think would be awesome would definitely be the random mini-bosses that randomly spawn into the map, AND ON THE MAP NOT AN ARENA!  It would be giving a nod to old school ark that new players never saw nor experienced, and maybe after the mini-boss is killed the loot isn’t as good as fighting the actual bosses but still a chance to get some awesome stuff out of it.  The increased supply drop quality was nice, it probably could have been a little bit better than it was but it was still cool.  As far as holiday decorations and holiday exclusive stuff, give a player a chance to store them for the following season.  Have a time limit that they can be out and if they’re not stored by such and such day then they will despawn.  That’ll probably tick off people that like to leave their Xmas lights up all year long but it’s just an idea.  I saw further up this page the 180 Tek Giga, ummmm yes please!!!!  I was hoping for it when the extinction chronicles were happening but was EXTREMELY disappointed when it didn’t happen.  IMO I think any Dino that has a a bionic skin available should have a tek variation.  A lot of people mentioned the Dododex/wyvern, that would be cool to see again.  Maybe have a Krampus creature during the Christmas event as well that roams the map as a mini-boss?  Oh the ideas are endless.  Talk with us, have a community crunch vote, post the most feasible ideas ( like the top 10 or 20) and then do like the top 5 or 10 with the highest votes.  I know that makes more work for you guys at Wildcard but we would love you guys more for it.  We appreciate all the hard work that you all do and majority of us know that the work almost never ends.  A good portion of the ideas i’ve seen would definitely add a little bit more excitement during the events without a doubt.

• Cedric locked and unpinned this topic

Archived