Weigh In: What do you look for in events?

Cedric

What do you look for in events?  

553 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for in events?

• Boosted Rates
    • A Fitting Theme
    • Unique Skins
    • Unique Items
    • Random Colored Dinos

I look for events that have active GM's participating.  interaction/monitor  type style. Also I would like events that we could get limited edition items. That would be cool. Special stuff (instant reskill/or other costumes that only you can have like bronto to brachi style..  suits, a dress style would be awesome. Uniqueness.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, Summer Bash was the point where I started thinking about (and still think about) quitting Ark.   This thread started shortly before it and everyone asked for breeding, and Wild Card gave it to us, which I thought was great, but then they turned around and took away our regular 2x taming event on the weekends.   They just don't seem to get the point.

I'm not going to waste 14 kibble, 129 narcotics, and most importantly, 45 minutes of my time, to tame a level 25 animal because its blue.  

This game has so much potential, but more and more I realize the only reason I'm still playing is the thought of losing my stuff and starting over, rather than just having a fun experience like when I first started.  You play the game long enough and you start to see all its ugly flaws ruining your experience while you sink your whole life into it and then you realize the Devs just don't seem to want to do anything about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish we had the Arkaeology event again, that was a good interim event and kept me entertained between the colourful holiday events. And Fear Evolved - please PLEASE do Fear Evolved with Dodo Wyvern, Zomdodos, Zombie Wyverns etc. You really need to have an all-in super holiday event every few months with unique dino colours, skins, discoverable random things plus a mating boost in addition to the regular evolution events. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! Or else ?

Would love to see an archeology event again appear in the mix would be super awesome. Halloween events starting kick off slowly and earlier during the month of October were pumpkins actually spawn the fruit and also spawn in trees such as Apple trees. Chance of making Apple Cider brew giving a 10% boost of speed.

I love events with unique skins, dino colors, and I really liked the box of chocolates that helped with either health or taming. I've always wanted to play the Ark Halloween event, but in the two years I've been playing ark, that event hasn't been a thing. I really enjoy how the events come to single player maps since I am primarily a solo player. I love this game so much! Thank you for all your hard work! 

I think new hairstyles or a unique creature would be a really cool thing to see also! :)

As a server owner, I can change the rates at any time so that isn’t as important.

I think the events  were better when they were not just rates and colors. Those are cool, but not as compelling as activities and environment changes. 

Things I and my players look for: 

unique challenges - turkey, dododex, etc, present chasing, bone Dino fighting

collectable skins, emotes, items

unique environment - fall trees, snow map, graves and pumpkin patches

unique colored dinos are interesting, but garish ones are kind of hard on the eyes

On 5/9/2019 at 2:00 AM, TheDonn said:

Also, not popular apparently, but @Cedric, I would personally like to see less color events, or only one a year.  People flood their servers with low level tames to get colors, people flood the forums with sale-dinos because of the colors, and it also waters down/cheapens actual unique mutated colors (not cheapen as in makes them cost less).

This, while i love colors on dinos. i completely agree with this. a compromise would be that event color on dinos can only spawn on 1 region per dino that spawns with colors.

ETA: i also would love to see alot more skins for not only dinos, but also saddles and armor and weapons, maybe skins for guns other things, plenty of items could be cool with a skin slapped on it, more decor for interior design options.

• Cedric locked and unpinned this topic

Archived