Weigh In: What do you look for in events?

Cedric

What do you look for in events?  

553 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for in events?

• Boosted Rates
    • A Fitting Theme
    • Unique Skins
    • Unique Items
    • Random Colored Dinos

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2019 at 1:31 PM, Cedric said:

If there's something else, name it below!

It’s be cool if we got specific one time skins that were only available at that time, for instance the silo skin would be like 300 bones but we would get to keep it forever, kinda like a OG thing I think it could build community 

with events can we get permanent event items we can unlock to use regardless of if the event is still active? so for instance  you can no longer place gravestones/pumpkins/ ect after the event ends, similar to our perma skins we unlock allow us to perma unlock and use said items which can just be stored with our default survivor items/skins?

I voted for all these items.

I most like colors, different types of boosts like the valentines mating boost, and I like the egg idea which boosts the Dino’s speed and changes it’s color, and I also wish the Dodorex came back or something similar like a new Dino only to be tamed during the event not clonable/breedable and not seen again until that event reoccurs that way you feel special if you have one ;)

Special mechanics. Not just the same old ”Collect X, craft skins, also get free boosts and dino colours”

Something accessible to both earlygame and lategame players, so nobody feels left out. They should also give something rare and valuable to encourage players to participate.

I’ll give an example event (all of this is purely an example and not an suggestion)

Ark: Tek Bombardment week!

(Usual evolution event boosts)

During this event, beacons spawn more often and have a 1/3 chance to be ”overcharged.” 

Overcharged beacons can be overclocked to summon a miniboss of level equal to the beacon’s level.

For this event, the miniboss is the Elite Attack Drone! A giant flying TEK drone that’s the same colour as the spawned beacon will spawn for 15 minutes.

Take it down for tek-themed skins and Element overdrives: Drugs that decreace stamina consumption to zero for a short duration and incerace melee damage with a short cooldown. 

Defeating the higher level miniboss inceraces drop amounts and makes rare items drop more often!

A sense of adventure seeking out OP dinos during an event - say, Halloween- aside from DodoRex and DodoWyvern - mini-bosses you have to put some actual work and anticipation into finding, even if they're variants of regular creatures.  An all-in Halloween would be absolutely amazing!  Some examples of this for, air, land, and sea - though could come up with more for other events, Halloween is just of course the next big one:

Alpha Ravager Pack (Chupacabra) - Find clues on the dead Ovis left on the map to find the next spawn location and time of the Chupacabra pack, who summon undead Ravagers as minions!

Enraged Squid (Kraken) - Come on, everyone wants one of these kind of boss battles.  Beyond Alpha, make a true sea boss battle, deep, deep sea with a Kraken, Leedsicthys to destroy boats above, and other squid to fight in an epic underwater battle.  Find the sunken ship locations to discover where and when to find the Kraken next!

Air - honestly Dodowyverns are still great and can't think of much better.

And just for fun ideas, more because they'd be funny or annoying

Enraged Kairuku - These penguins are PISSED.  After days of beating them and their babies for their organic polymer, they aren't having it any more - Kairuku's are now Enraged (glowing eyes of course), and their strength is on par to a turkey.  Good luck getting that polymer!

Undead Icthyornis & Pegos  - 50% more spawns - because honestly those birds from hell scare me more than a Rex.

For builders, building decor would be AMAZING (not just for events either ;) )! The Christmas decor is pretty good but that is about the only event we have on console to be able to use. Having RaptorClaus tied with the event makes it perfect! I never got to experience the Fear Evolved, but would hope that y'all decide to bring it back, especially to console. We always seem to get the back burner. 

I think you should make caves have a lower turret limet like 20-40 and make it if possible velos can’t be on  aggressive  In caves or only like 5 can be. I don’t think stopping cave building fully is a good idea because it’s a good way to build hidden and people have put a lot of work in to caves and to breed on a big lvl it’s hard without a cave 

• Cedric locked and unpinned this topic

Archived