Weigh In: What do you look for in events?

Cedric

What do you look for in events?  

553 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for in events?

• Boosted Rates
    • A Fitting Theme
    • Unique Skins
    • Unique Items
    • Random Colored Dinos

Saddle skins...customizing with dyes is great, but changing their visuals would be amazing. Kinda heavier saddles for xmas event (referencing the colder season) or with candy cane/ santa images, torn saddles for Halloween maybe with lil skull decorations ^^  .

In general, saddle skins that distinguish dinos from each other ...there are mods that add saddles with different visuals (making them look like the creature can carry a lot, a lighter version for an agile creature levelled in speed.. ), but most of them also give a stats effect (which I don`t want) and you can`t really get a better blueprint for them. Skins would provide different visuals while still keeping the excitement of hunting for better blueprints :)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A cool event idea would be to add a limited time creature to each map(island+dlc) every couple of months to keep the community interested and add diversity to the dlcs as they definitely have a lot more potential.

ex: abberation could have an evolved bat creature that doesn’t fly but can climb walls and glide like a drake and can also give it the ability to to jump onto creatures, like the deinonychus does, and suck their blood to regain health. A fun way you could tame it is by giving it blood packs.

To be honest I really don’t like the colored dinos. Or they could at least be a little less common and be disabled when u launch the server. What I enjoy is the Dodo Rex. A perfect example of what an event should be like was the first Halloween and Christmas. Consistently adding in new skins that had to be unlocked in some sort of challenge would be nice

It wasn't until the Easter Egg Event that I started to care about Random Dino colors. I have played in past events but never did breeding. Now that I am, and understanding how valuable imprinting is I wish I had more Random Dino colors to breed with. I was lucky to get 4 or 5 really cool color dinos for breeding but wish I had more! So my vote is Breeding Colors ?? 

I'd like to see items that allow characters more saddle/armor/weapon customization. And base decorations as well. Yes, I'm a solo player and I like pretty things. Would it hurt that much to have small plants, better (much better) paintings, and maybe just some purely decorative items we can use to make our in-game homes look nice? 

I love Ark like crazy, but items are rather bare bones and always functional, or crazy/wacky skins. I've spent six months getting ready to do boss fights in single player on console so I can proceed to do the game correctly. But, it might be nice to have gardens and such that are decorative. A little bit of roleplay items added to the game would make it perfect in my opinion.

PC players have mods for these things. Console players do not. I can't play Ark on my PC because it doesn't have the power and I'm on a budget, so I can't upgrade it. So give console some love and integrate some purely decorative items.

Personally I really like breeding events and we don’t have enough of them. I work full tune and this allows me to raise some of the harder dinos. I also love event colors. My suggestion would do less colors per event but have more events with colors.

i also liked the Halloween events and special dinos like the dodo Rex. These things make the game fresh and enjoyable.

themes are a lot of fun!

Depending on the boosted rates that is normally something anyone would look forward to. If we could get breeding events with more than just valentines day, id imagine a ton more people would lean toward the boosted rate of things. Otherwise, it seems most people are only active during the weekends for the 2x. Maybe even have certain events 3x or 4x for a short time to allow smaller tribes/ solo players to make more of it. Having a super long tame is a drag when solo, as to where if you got a tribe,  they can help things and make it easier. Besides the boosted rate of things, i lean more toward colored dinos. I love seeing what combo of colors i can find and the grind to kill stuff and force spawn the higher leveled dino makes it worth doing. Who doesnt like colored event dinos? Lol it saves a mutation space in which a better stat mutation can take the place of.. my all time favorite colored dinos to see are the argys and owls. Trust me i dont need anymore but i love the colors they can gain since they have quite a few regions. You ads colored dinos with a tame event and a good breeding event youd have every server packed. Do this on more than only weekends to get more active players during the week. 

• Cedric locked and unpinned this topic

Archived