Weigh In: What do you look for in events?

Cedric

What do you look for in events?  

553 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for in events?

• Boosted Rates
    • A Fitting Theme
    • Unique Skins
    • Unique Items
    • Random Colored Dinos

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why, but i'm not able to press and choose my favourite things in the events here above... ?.. Anyway the things i'd like to find in an event are new colored dinos and a fitting theme :)

Maybe more luck to get event reapers... I did 15 pregnancy the last event and not a single baby came out event xD jk of course. I was cursed, next event will be better.. I hope lol 

I would have to agree, out of all the events Fear Evolved was the best. For me it’s all about the music and the atmosphere. I loved seeing the large dodorex moon and the autumn coloured trees. I loved raptor clause also. I think events that feel special, even when you are not taking part are great. Special themed quests would be fun, there could be an area of the map with a Dino NPC that has a quest which would reward several prizes you can choose from. The events could be to find lost items, kill or find certain event dinos, something like that. The rewards should be special and worth putting the effort in for. I personally like decor, and skins. However you could have various rewards with a different quest everyday.

Also, not popular apparently, but @Cedric, I would personally like to see less color events, or only one a year.  People flood their servers with low level tames to get colors, people flood the forums with sale-dinos because of the colors, and it also waters down/cheapens actual unique mutated colors (not cheapen as in makes them cost less).

Fear was amazing...I can still hear the theme music to this day.. 

Raptor claus...for all the bickering he caused was very fun.

No Turkeys..just....no.. unless you replace one of the bosses and we can fight a broodmother sized Gobblesaurus for our unlocks and element.

FREE BOSS weekend...where ALL bosses cost nothing to run. This event may cause some good tribe wars....but I'm sure it would smooth out once people had to heal their boss army.

I use to really like farming for the event skins, but once WC allowed them to be obtained year round by collecting notes farming them during the event became pointless.

The new color/speed changing candy is a fun addition to the game...more please.

Maybe a candy that randomly changes all dino stats the way the color zones are. Make them look like the stats on a Mek BP.

Titans unbound!

A new obelisk appears on each map that acts as a titan cloner which spawns in stronger than extinction cloned titans that roam around the map. The titans target areas on the map with the highest concentrations of tek first and as a defence mechanism from having an idea of what it will encounter takes reduced damage from the targeted tribe and alliance meaning other tribes have to help you defeat it before it arrives at your base. Maybe a countdown appears on the map on how long before it arrives at its target before it starts attacking that tribe.

This means finally a reward for not being a douche and jumping in to save one another.

Also means people to travel servers to assist people defend bases.

Balance of power to mega tribes can be shifted easily. 

41 minutes ago, AlfredLeviathan said:

Titans unbound!

A new obelisk appears on each map that acts as a titan cloner which spawns in stronger than extinction cloned titans that roam around the map. The titans target areas on the map with the highest concentrations of tek first and as a defence mechanism from having an idea of what it will encounter takes reduced damage from the targeted tribe and alliance meaning other tribes have to help you defeat it before it arrives at your base. Maybe a countdown appears on the map on how long before it arrives at its target before it starts attacking that tribe.

This means finally a reward for not being a douche and jumping in to save one another.

Also means people to travel servers to assist people defend bases.

Balance of power to mega tribes can be shifted easily. 

Considering that the majority of online gaming is trolling/tearing people down (and maybe even more in PvP), this would not work.  Everyone would sit around on Manas (still the fastest traveler on the ARK) and watch/laugh/celebrate as the Titan ate the map.  Even on PvE.  The community doesn't really function in a way that would keep this from happening.  To make no mention of the griefer-wasteland that is PvP, even PvE is rife with Tribe of THICC THOT 123 BOI people who gladly laugh and blow up global as someone's base is kited with corrupt Wyverns.

That is probably (and I say probably because I am not a WC dev, so I indeed do not know for sure) why more PvE-style defense elements haven't been added.  On most maps, it would be too easy to turn them into yet another tool for the griefer to make YouTube vids and get views.

EDIT:  Alfred, let me be clear:  I do like the idea!

Colored Animals are pretty pointless in PvP, and in pve ppl just taming all they can find, so they will just hit the cap.

Just please stop making color events..

Boosted maturation in pve? Sure... Cap problem again..

The increased loot quality was pretty fun when ab came out, but It was only because the DLC came out late. 

Maybe some boosted fishing drops? It was nerfed under the ground anyway.

Also it would be so much fun to have an event where we can find Blueprints or skins for event Building:

For example:

- Blueprint or skin for Stone Behemoth Gate with a dragon painted on it

- Blueprint or Skin for a Tresor which has Snakes skulpted on it

- Blueprint for different designed tables or chairs or beds

- Blueprints for Sculptures, fountains , Weapon Storage 

Or as a Structure, you are able to build a Painting Station and able to place it in your base. At the painting Station you are able to paint the whole base, and every Structure you placed on that server. Because Its such a big work to paint your WHOLE Base, and it would make it easier and special

And at an EVENT you are able to find skins that you can place in this PAINTING STATION. 

For example: 

- Dragon Themed Skin ( which would paint on the walls fire flames )

- Lion Themed Skin ( Which would paintball everything Gold and Black with Lion Heads on the Gates )

C8DE1036-90F4-4357-A499-DC7A6AA1AC81.jpeg

• Cedric locked and unpinned this topic

Archived