Jump to content

warlock111395

BP farming/Cave Clearing

Recommended Posts

I am hunting for flak and longneck blueprints. I see that the best ones come from the cave drops. What have you guys found to be the easiest cave with the best reward? I have access to endgame dinos with good breeding lines. I just have never had the balls to actually go through the harder caves.

Edited by warlock111395

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swamp cave is easiest cave to quickly farm good high end drops. Youll also get flak and longnecks quickly from doing rag ice cave entrance. Your highest bps will be from swamp cave though.

Both water caves on isl are also great - though a bit harder to quickly farm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For flak I would say extinction red/purple drops beats any other source, I got a bp set with about 500 armor and 600 dura per piece. For rifle bp im not really sure, I got some 200's dmg in center lava cave but maybe there is a better place to farm them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, arkark said:

For flak I would say extinction red/purple drops beats any other source, I got a bp set with about 500 armor and 600 dura per piece. For rifle bp im not really sure, I got some 200's dmg in center lava cave but maybe there is a better place to farm them.

If he is asking for the easiest cave and saying he does not have the balls to do harder, I do not expect him to be doing red or purple drops. That is like telling a newbie a giga is best meat gatherer. Sure you may be correct, but it does not help.

 

:-)

Edited by JSacra
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JSacra said:

If he is asking for the easiest cave and saying he does not have the balls to do harder, I do not expect him to be doing red or purple drops. That is like telling a newbie a giga is best meat gatherer. Sure you may be correct, but it does not help.

 

🙂

well, yes and no. 

I've seen tribes here on my server buying a pair of giga clones and doing reds with not much problem. Completely noob people, so maybe that info interest him. Indeed imo there are some caves that are harder than a red drop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JSacra said:

If he is asking for the easiest cave and saying he does not have the balls to do harder, I do not expect him to be doing red or purple drops. That is like telling a newbie a giga is best meat gatherer. Sure you may be correct, but it does not help.

 

🙂

If he has access to end game dino's, red osd drops aren't hard at all and will yield best reward

 To OP; Swamp cave and easy water cave on island are easiest with high chance of reward for flak bp's outside of the Red OSD drops on Extinction.

Yellow drops in ice cave on Rag drop good quality longnecks pretty often and those are super easy. You can just fly in that section with a Wyv or Griff and only need to avoid a few bears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

If he has access to end game dino's, red osd drops aren't hard at all and will yield best reward

 

Umm... he has access to end game dinos, but said he didnt have the balls to do harder. Saying red drops are easy is total B.S. and lying to the newbies (not OP, but general readers). They are easy if you have an imprinted giga with high melee, high HP, a good saddle and know DILO you are doing.

 

I am truly sorry, but I am seriously tired of people saying things are easy, when they know damn well they are NOT easy for the average player. They say they are easy just to sound badass. "I can do red drops easy, why can't you?" .... when you are wearing full tek, have a level 380 giga with a 120 armor saddle and walking back to your full tek base..... yeh, they are easy....

 

-- EDIT --

After reading what I wrote, that almost sounds like a rant. I guess it should, because it was. I see people tell other people things are easy every day, and it makes me mad. Seeing someone tell someone to go do a red or purple drop when they are just now doing easy caves, just is not right. That was my whole point. Sorry if it came across any other way. Back to your regularly scheduled flamewars.

Edited by JSacra
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JSacra said:

 

Umm... he has access to end game dinos, but said he didnt have the balls to do harder. Saying red drops are easy is total B.S. and lying to the newbies (not OP, but general readers). They are easy if you have an imprinted giga with high melee, high HP, a good saddle and know DILO you are doing.

 

I am truly sorry, but I am seriously tired of people saying things are easy, when they know damn well they are NOT easy for the average player. They say they are easy just to sound badass. "I can do red drops easy, why can't you?" .... when you are wearing full tek, have a level 380 giga with a 120 armor saddle and walking back to your full tek base..... yeh, they are easy....

I did  red drops with a Giga 265 melee hatch not imprinted to me but 83% imprinted with yes a 123 armor saddle. It had about 500 melee. If he has access to that, which it sounds like he does, then it's a fairly easy task.

I'm tired of people trying to make this game harder than it is.

He's not a noob, he just hasn't done it yet. I'm trying to ease his mind that he can. You're just feeding his fear.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I did  red drops with a Giga 265 melee hatch not imprinted to me but 83% imprinted with yes a 123 armor saddle. It had about 500 melee. If he has access to that, which it sounds like he does, then it's a fairly easy task.

I'm tired of people trying to make this game harder than it is.

He's not a noob, he just hasn't done it yet. I'm trying to ease his mind that he can. You're just feeding his fear.  

 

No, outright telling someone who said they are doing easy caves that they can easily do red drops is just B.S. and you know it. I don't care how you sugarcoat it. That is wrong.

 

When someone on forums says they have access to end game dinos, it is best to ask which. To a lot of people here, a high level rex and wyvern are end game dinos. Maybe ask what they have, before suggesting?

 

He may have access to a good giga and a nice saddle. If so, he can try to do a 50k vein to test his setup out. If he can do a 50k vein with no issues, a red drop would be the next test for them.

 

With all the setup required, base on extinction, wyvern to scout, owl to heal... it is by far easier to just do desert drops on SE, like one of the original suggestions. If someone has a base on extinction and can support it and a nice giga, yeh... drops are best source of loot hands down in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JSacra said:

Umm... he has access to end game dinos, but said he didnt have the balls to do harder. Saying red drops are easy is total B.S. and lying to the newbies (not OP, but general readers). They are easy if you have an imprinted giga with high melee, high HP, a good saddle and know DILO you are doing.

You dont even need imprinted giga to do red drops, just one high dmg (355 base or so) cloned and leveled its enough. You will need to bring an owl to heal between some waves, and you will need to play conservative, ie. letting the creatures engage the OSD then attack so you dont tank a lot, but it is doable solo I've seen it a lot of times. Still if you re-read my second post, I recommended using a pair to be more safe.

Of course if you have one imprinted with high damage you can rush 2-3 OSD's without even needing heal.

As I said, doing some caves requires more preparation (foods, medical brew, weapons, ammo, specific good dino w good saddle) than a red drop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, arkark said:

As I said, doing some caves requires more preparation (foods, medical brew, weapons, ammo, specific good dino w good saddle) than a red drop.

If you have a base on Extinction and if you have a good giga and if you have an owl to heal between and if you have good armor and food to survive out in the wasteland in case of oops... if all of those requirements are met, then yes.. doing drops on Extinction is far easier than getting setup to do a cave run.

 

-- EDIT --

Don't have to have owl, just makes life easier.

Edited by JSacra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, JSacra said:

If he is asking for the easiest cave and saying he does not have the balls to do harder, I do not expect him to be doing red or purple drops. That is like telling a newbie a giga is best meat gatherer. Sure you may be correct, but it does not help.

 

:-)

I solo red drops with my Giga, i trust my Giga. But i can't walk my Giga into a cave. I have gotten a few pieces of flak bp, but longneck bp is not in the loot table on extinction. So you guys think swamp cave on the island is a good place for longneck BP? What should i take in there with me dino wise?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, warlock111395 said:

 

I solo red drops with my Giga, i trust my Giga. But i can't walk my Giga into a cave. I have gotten a few pieces of flak bp, but longneck bp is not in the loot table on extinction. So you guys think swamp cave on the island is a good place for longneck BP? What should i take in there with me dino wise?

If there is a specific cave you want to do, youtube. You will get more accurate information and see it being done that way. Youtube "ark swamp cave". That lets you see different dinos doing it. Whatever dino someone says to use here, someone will quote them and say "Naw man, use <insert top cave dino here> because of <insert random reason here>". Watching youtube videos you can actually see it being done and with the dino you think sounds best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to do swamp cave on frogs, i use baryonyx that i bred now, you can use megatheriums now with pods, lots of things, realistically at this point there are so many options, if you are going to use a old school smaller traditional cave creature i would recommend a bred one even if its only a generation or two deep. I personally like to use cheapo gas masks instead of high level ones, its good exp in that cave too

 

Edit: also if you have ragnarok you can make a little bed and chest by the 5 desert drop ground red beacons they give great stuff, i used to leave a alt on a rag map and would just log into it briefly to fast travel around the beds checking the drops

Edited by MichaelRichards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, warlock111395 said:

 

I solo red drops with my Giga, i trust my Giga. But i can't walk my Giga into a cave. I have gotten a few pieces of flak bp, but longneck bp is not in the loot table on extinction. So you guys think swamp cave on the island is a good place for longneck BP? What should i take in there with me dino wise?

Honestly the easiest longneck bps will be Ragnarok Ice Cave, as another also said; you can fly in the first 4 drops easy. Hit these every 45 mins - 1h. In that time you can switch to Isl and run Swamp cave. You could get a longneck but it has the high end loot drops - so also all the flak plus rex / theriz saddle bps, high end premade guns, armour, saddles  etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have access to a cryopod and gas mask, with a tamed megatherium, I clear the swamp cave daily, it is very easy, just gotta know when to cryo to get through the 1 pinch point it's hips won't fit (hop off to get agro and get back on RIGHT FU*KING NOW!) 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 3:35 AM, JSacra said:

 

No, outright telling someone who said they are doing easy caves that they can easily do red drops is just B.S. and you know it. I don't care how you sugarcoat it. That is wrong.

 

When someone on forums says they have access to end game dinos, it is best to ask which. To a lot of people here, a high level rex and wyvern are end game dinos. Maybe ask what they have, before suggesting?

 

He may have access to a good giga and a nice saddle. If so, he can try to do a 50k vein to test his setup out. If he can do a 50k vein with no issues, a red drop would be the next test for them.

 

With all the setup required, base on extinction, wyvern to scout, owl to heal... it is by far easier to just do desert drops on SE, like one of the original suggestions. If someone has a base on extinction and can support it and a nice giga, yeh... drops are best source of loot hands down in the game.

Ummm, I xfered over with cloned gigas 325 melee (80 armour saddles I'm poor) and a mana. Red drops easy af. No where else in the game will you get 800 base dura flak BPs other than red and purple OSDs. Red's are easy as hell once you've tried a few. There's one spawn where you can just leave an auto-clicker running with 2 people on gigas and its ez red OSD lol. It takes 10-20 mins to do, gets you crafted tek gear, structures and insane BPs (I have a JM 92.8 armour theri saddle BP and full set of flak over 700 dura to name SOME). 

On a completely different note, if you're starting out and dont have anything except prim gear, I recommend making yourself lazarus chowder and cactus broth and running the easy and hard underwater caves on island. You can get all the weapon BPs, flak bps, and some of the better saddle BPs (Therizino Saddle BP for one). Took me 3 days of running the water caves on CD to get full set of flak BPs and a few weapon BPs. 

If you want to compete on official PVP, do red OSDs. Otherwise you'll just be a behind everyone else. 
PS have something with weight because poop you gets gonna be heavy. Unless you dont need metal structure lol

 

 

Edited by DankHunter02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 7:49 PM, d1nk said:

Swamp cave is easiest cave to quickly farm good high end drops.

I might be really unlucky, but I keep getting lamppost, C4 detonator and some GPS blueprints. Cannot recall a single drop which made me super excited.

 

To OP: Try easy water cave. You just need a basilo (it doesn't have to be super bred, any wild 120+ with perfect taming effectiveness will do). Get like 30-40k hp and put the rest on melee. Some juicy saddles and flak can be found there.

Or, as it was suggested above, you might also try OSD. If you have access to good rexes or gigas (250+ born with some nice melee and hp) and 80+ saddles for them, red drops should be doable. Ask someone to join you or bring two mate-boosted animals, should be just fine. If you are so unsure, start with blue or yellow drop (and be ready to fight a corrupted dilo lvl 7!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Geneweave said:

I might be really unlucky, but I keep getting lamppost, C4 detonator and some GPS blueprints. Cannot recall a single drop which made me super excited.

 

To OP: Try easy water cave. You just need a basilo (it doesn't have to be super bred, any wild 120+ with perfect taming effectiveness will do). Get like 30-40k hp and put the rest on melee. Some juicy saddles and flak can be found there.

Or, as it was suggested above, you might also try OSD. If you have access to good rexes or gigas (250+ born with some nice melee and hp) and 80+ saddles for them, red drops should be doable. Ask someone to join you or bring two mate-boosted animals, should be just fine. If you are so unsure, start with blue or yellow drop (and be ready to fight a corrupted dilo lvl 7!)

Subjective. 

Run it more than a few times youll get loot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...