Dino Xp

CatchMe

On 5/8/2019 at 10:19 AM, CatchMe said:

Do they het more zo in the are in a cryopod?

That is actually something I would like a real answer on. With my testing, no. Dino outside of cryo just hanging out gets more XP if you are in the area. When I left base for a week, dino in cryo had more XP. I have a base on AB I only visit on weekends, when it is 2X. I did my testing there. So going by what *I* have seen, if you are going to be around the base, don't have it in cryo. If you will not be around, put it in cryo. Take that with a grain of salt though.

44 minutes ago, JSacra said:

That is actually something I would like a real answer on. With my testing, no. Dino outside of cryo just hanging out gets more XP if you are in the area. When I left base for a week, dino in cryo had more XP. I have a base on AB I only visit on weekends, when it is 2X. I did my testing there. So going by what *I* have seen, if you are going to be around the base, don't have it in cryo. If you will not be around, put it in cryo. Take that with a grain of salt though.

Dinos in cryopods get the basic 'be near dinos' passive exp the whole time its cryopodded (calculated at throw out) whereas dinos will get it just as youre in render - Ill test this weekend if I get twin babies - say 4h out vs 4h in (at same time without lystro)

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Dinos in cryopods get the basic 'be near dinos' passive exp the whole time its cryopodded (calculated at throw out) whereas dinos will get it just as youre in render - Ill test this weekend if I get twin babies - say 4h out vs 4h in (at same time without lystro)

Yeh, that was the assumption I had from the limited testing I did. I would like to see it tested over maybe like two weeks or a month? See what ends up the most? When I did my testing over a few days, the one left out had more. I think what I said would be optimal. If you only have one or two bases and are constantly there, do not have them in pods if you want XP. I hate to say that though, not knowing 100% sure how it works out over a longer period of time. Just because that is my experience, does not mean it would work good for others. I spend a LOT of time at my base, so dinos are almost always rendered. Let us know how your testing turns out.

@Catchme @Baklap @JSacra @d1nk

I have put quotes from the wiki at the bottom to support these numbers.

1) Normal passive XP gain (if a player is logged in and nearby)
= 0.66 XP per minute
=39.6 XP per hour

2) Passive XP while in a crypod (I think this is true even if the player is not nearby, or is logged off)
= 0.66 XP per minute * 1.05 = 0.693 per minute
= 41.58 per hour

3) Passive XP while in a cryopod, when the cryopod is in a powered Cryofridge
= 1.25 per minute
= 75 XP per hour

* From the "Experience" page
"Tamed dinosaurs also get a 'drip' of 0.66 XP per minute (1 XP per 90 seconds), when a human is logged in and within range. Tamed dinos do not receive any Tribal Experience from crafting as a fellow caveman would (Unless a tribemember is sitting on a rideable dino when you are crafting items)."

* From the "Cryopod" page
"Passive XP gain is solely determined by game time since time of trapping, multiplied by their idle XP rates, multiplied by a final 1.05 return."
(Note: the way I read this is that dino's get a little bit more passive XP while in a cryopod, if the cryopod is not in a powered cryofridge.)

* From the "Cryofridge" page
When a Creature is Cryofrozen in a powered Cryofridge, the Creature will gain more passive XP, gaining approximately 75 XP per hour.

Archived