Alpha Raptors

RichDrac

What are you using to kill it? based on your post i presume you're going in with guns/melee weapons? 

By far the easiest way to do it is while riding a tamed dino, a decent level wild tamed rex would do the job easily.
If you really want to challenge yourself and kill it on foot then it's up to you how you do it; if you try to kill it outright you're always a good chance of dying or spending a decent amount of ammo to bring it down (i remember i once used 500+ rounds of advanced rifle bullets to bring one down)
If you can tranq it (can alphas be tranq'ed? never tried, someone else can confirm this) it would be much more cost effective. 

Alphas cannot be tamed. The only use they have are lots of XP and good loot. 

Based on my experience, the cheapest way is a high lvl Carno with good stamina. Once the raptor aggroes on you, just hit it with the headbutt attack. But you have to find a rythm. Once you have the perfcet rythm, you can kill it without getting hit, but in case, it would be better to invest some points in health and melee.

Other methods would be with a high lvl rex or better. A bear could also work. But you have to be careful. The most dangerous part is not the Alpha Raptor itself, its the raptors around it. Once they pulled you from the mount, you better start praying.

17 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I have a tribemate level 102 with high melee and health.  He solo's alpha raptors with a sword wearing prim flak.

I often do this for fun. Ive killed a 130 alpha rex but it almost killed me a few times (hp brews + extra flak). I had an insane sword though, like.. christmas event bp + crafting bonus so roughly 600% damage on it

Just now, d1nk said:

I often do this for fun. Ive killed a 130 alpha rex but it almost killed me a few times (hp brews + extra flak). I had an insane sword though, like.. christmas event bp + crafting bonus so roughly 600% damage on it

Oh wow, yeah the Alpha Rex's can be tough if nothing else because of the knock back!  Raptors and Carnos though no problem.

7 hours ago, Woodsman said:

if u dont have a rex what u can do is lure it to a wild bronto and get them to fight each other. u can watch when the raptor is really bloody then jump in to kill it for xp and loot

IDK how well that would work, the alpha raptors are so fast they get back in and chew before the bronto can finish the swing. I tried fighting an alpha raptor with a bronto once and it ended up being almost killed, if I had not had something that could deal with the raptor it would have been killed.

Archived