Ragnarok Spinos and Transport

DeHammer

I'm planning to tame some Spinos on Ragnarok, in the watery canyons area (not sure what the proper name is for the area). I'm building a taming base near the water to capture the Spinos so they can't flee back into the water, and to protect them during taming. Thinking ahead a bit, I'm wondering... what is the best way to transport them out of the canyon area, and to the Highlands area (North East corner) of Ragnarok? 

One option seems to be down river to the opposite coast, exiting near the swamp, then maybe by motorboat? Another option is build an elevator and lift them up to the land at the top of the canyon and then maybe over to Viking Bay Area. I do have a Quetzal for transporting Rex's, but I don't think the Quetzal can carry a Spino, can it?

Easiest call would be the route south out the canyon to the swamp as you have said but that would take a while to get back to the highlands. There is however I believe a route out of the canyon on the north western side of the canyon underneath one of the exits of the ice queen chamber. Exit canyon and head north to volcano area. Similiar exit on the South Western side near the bridge. 

Quetz should be still be possible, especially if it can still do rexes ? 

Also one or two beacons do go down to canyon floor, so can upload and download.

Going to ask the obvious here but I am assuming you are not using cryopods ?

7 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Easiest call would be the route south out the canyon to the swamp as you have said but that would take a while to get back to the highlands. There is however I believe a route out of the canyon on the north western side of the canyon underneath one of the exits of the ice queen chamber. Exit canyon and head north to volcano area. Similiar exit on the South Western side near the bridge. 

Quetz should be still be possible, especially if it can still do rexes ? 

Also one or two beacons do go down to canyon floor, so can upload and download.

Going to ask the obvious here but I am assuming you are not using cryopods ?

Thanks! That's correct, no cryo freezer yet, or other tek. I have some depleted pods from the event drops in December. 

My base is near the red obelisk, so I thought I would transport them downstream to the swap, then to the blue obelisk and upload/download to red obelisk. 

I'm going to explore the idea of the drops that come into the canyon as well, though I'm not sure I want to be dependent on the timing of the drops. I'm also going to try the Quetzal once I have a Spino tamed... just in case; can't trust the wiki's or comments from people from 4 years ago... best try it myself. 

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

Thanks! That's correct, no cryo freezer yet, or other tek. I have some depleted pods from the event drops in December. 

My base is near the red obelisk, so I thought I would transport them downstream to the swap, then to the blue obelisk and upload/download to red obelisk. 

I'm going to explore the idea of the drops that come into the canyon as well, though I'm not sure I want to be dependent on the timing of the drops. I'm also going to try the Quetzal once I have a Spino tamed... just in case; can't trust the wiki's or comments from people from 4 years ago... best try it myself. 

You can put a spino on a quetz platform. Just make sure it isnt clipping your character (as with all platform builds including boats) cause it will cause glitchy movement.

Archived