Disable Giga Spawns in SP

Ducky237

I'm playing on Ragnarok in singleplayer. I found a nice spot for my base, but there was a giga nearby. I lured it off a cliff, which made it unable to get to my new base. After a while, I tamed it for the achievement, and I guess this opened up the wild giga spawn again? Now there's a lvl 95 giga near my base. Tried to used kill/destroy commands and they didn't work for some reason. This wouldn't really have solved the problem though, only delayed it. So I want to just disable giga spawns, but after researching it I'm still confused. I've read that I can change the spawn weight in the game ini but where in the game ini? Am I editing a line of code or making a new one entirely?

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

C:\steamcmd\ark\servers\PvENoTame\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini

This is where mine is on my dedicated server.

You will want to look up this:

ConfigSubtractNPCSpawnEntriesContainer

https://www.ark-survival.net/en/overridingmodifying-map-spawners-via-ini/

Well the Giga has its own spawn entry because it’s the only thing that spawns there. It’s easier to just use this instead (game.ini):

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Gigant_Character_BP_C", ToClassName="")

23 hours ago, Ducky237 said:

Thanks for the replies! I’ll definitely try putting that in the game ini. Will it affect my other single player games too?

You will still need to wipe all wild dinos for this to work, the giga won't just magically disappear.

Here's the command:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands#DestroyWildDinos

One other thing is:

Edit the game.ini file when the game is completely closed. Just being in the menu of the game running will not pick the change and the game will override the config as soon as you enter a game. So stop the game, edit the game.ini and then start the game again.

Archived