Remove the 999 crafting limit

Oooooooooooooooo

Suggestion

5 replies to this server topic

I was reminded up this post yesterday while attempting to explain why such a limiter exists, and finding that I had none... If we can queue up several items at the 999 limit of different types, I see no reason why we could not do so with same item. With stacking we are finding we can place many more items in something to craft, but are hit with the 999 limiter.

Hopefully this posts gains some footholds because, as always, if not something for Official, I would surely love it to become an option for unofficial. I am sure there is a mod out their somewhere that may play with this, but for console we are stuck. 

It would be nice to able to craft more than the standard 999. 

I activated the stacking code on our server cluster for console, so we can place more items in the machines/saddles to craft, however we are still held back by the number of items that we can craft at a time. 

Even if it is server setting, it would be nice to be able to adjust it to allow us to craft more at a time, or at the very least, have it adjusted so that the number your can craft is affected by the stacking used. 

On 8/8/2019 at 5:51 AM, Aluyk14 said:

For the time being there is a way around this fir making bullets. Keep the bps for the bullets and you can que multiple 999(1 per bp) in a rep to do 6k per que

I did add the blueprints for some of the ammo items to our drops because of this suggestions, and the players on the cluster liked and appreciated it. So thanks for that note!

We tried to do the same for items such as cementing paste and polymer, however it seems they don't exist. Oh well, we tried. Adding them to drops didn't work, adding them to creature drops didn't work, and simply using admin cheats to try and code them in - did not work either. 

So I suppose another option to crafting more than the 999 limit, would be for them to simply add the blueprints of those items to the game. Which now puts us at three options, if I read the comments correctly. 

1. Increase stacking limit of items while crafting to match the stacking set in the game. 
  2. Allow players to craft more than one item slot of the same item, one right after the other.
  3. Add blueprints to all engram recipes in order to allow players to craft additional stacks of the item as you currently can with ammo. 

Archived