Fix single player resources respawn

dodogal

1 minute ago, Oldster said:

Forgive me, I meant that Wildcard is intentionally building their game to run on very low ram pcs and therefore can't structure game mechanics to use too much.

except the problem of "low ram's not letting things stay cached" isn't possible because even on 16-32 GB you have the EXACT same problem (note that I COULD upgrade to 64GB, I choose not to, I don't have need of THAT much ram)

I've been running -preventhibernation on my singleplayer game the last couple days. There are some nodes which had previously not been respawning which still aren't. I have flown well out of render range, gone back, broken other things in the area. And they won't come back. I'm going to try some refertilizer to jumpstart them. I've got my settings at 0.1 for radius at 0.1 for respawn time now.

Preventhibernation did fix a lot of dino issues. The game was really beginning to seem empty, but after adding that the wild dino population seems more normal now. Way too many brontos on rag though. Every time I wipe out a bunch of those, it starts to get busy again.

Edit: Tried refert on the metal nodes, still nothing.

1 minute ago, Zederia said:

except the problem of "low ram's not letting things stay cached" isn't possible because even on 16-32 GB you have the EXACT same problem (note that I COULD upgrade to 64GB, I choose not to, I don't have need of THAT much ram)

You're still missing my point. I'm saying that wild card will not allow the game to use enough RAM to track all of those counters. They do this  I suspect in order to allow players with very little Ram to play the game.

6 minutes ago, Oldster said:

You're still missing my point. I'm saying that wild card will not allow the game to use enough RAM to track all of those counters. They do this  I suspect in order to allow players with very little Ram to play the game.

the map in SP runs 4 clusters at a time and uses 2GB of ram for the map. ARK can use more than 4gb in total, and 4 should be map-dedicated. also you can knock only 1 node and it will NEVER respawn

9 minutes ago, Zederia said:

SP has limited resources, because the nodes never respawn

Are you claiming this is intentional? Genuinely unsure what you're getting at here.

For the record you can always transfer your character to another world (delete Ark world files but leave player and tribe stuff) and it'll respawning everything (including bushes and rocks in your base).

Just now, Oldster said:

Are you claiming this is intentional? Genuinely unsure what you're getting at here.

For the record you can always transfer your character to another world (delete Ark world files but leave player and tribe stuff) and it'll respawning everything (including bushes and rocks in your base).

I'm claiming this bug has been around at least a year now, and they've got no interest in fixing it, if they did it would have been fixed by now. This bug came around with the Aberration launch

4 minutes ago, Zederia said:

I'm claiming this bug has been around at least a year now, and they've got no interest in fixing it, if they did it would have been fixed by now. This bug came around with the Aberration launch

I'm claiming it may not be a bug, rather a design limitation, intentionally introduced.

I've no idea when it came about nor insight into their intentions so no argument here.

As a test on my single player, running preventhibernation, I flew across the water out of render range to herbivore island on the west side, the one with metal. I broke a node, and flew back to the mainland. Radius/respawn time is all 0.1 So it should only take 5 minutes to respawn. I flew back around 20-30 minutes later and the node still wasn't back.

I'm now breaking one, but staying within render range, but outside the radius. I'll see if that one comes back or not.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Oldster said:

I'm claiming it may not be a bug, rather a design limitation, intentionally introduced.

I've no idea when it came about nor insight into their intentions so no argument here.

You are correct. It’s not a bug. It’s a game mechanic intentionally put in place by the developers. Just like Jen stated. 

It's 2019 and single player mode is still BROKEN

Alright it's time for devs to stop ignoring this issue.

Single player mode has been broken for years now, (search ARK SINGLE PLAYER MODE BROKEN and you'll get over 4 millions matches) and despite all the complaints it still hasn't been fixed.

So what exactly is the problem? It is impossible to play the game with the default game settings because resources and dinos don't respawn normally, there is even one artifact (skylord) that won't spawn.

There may be workaround such as cheating through console commands or  game settings, but it is a poor excuse to not fix a completely broken game mode.

How to reproduce the bug?

1. start a new single player mode game with default settings

2. build a base on herb island

3. farm all metal around the map

4. go back to herb island and stay there as much time as you want (+100 hours or billion years)

5. none of the metal has respawned

This issue also affects dinos spawns somehow and after a while the game is simply unplayable due to the lack of resources to farm and dinos to tame.

Heck there is even one artifact that won't spawn unless you use a cheat or trick  that nobody can figure out on their own.

I have already filed a bug report to the devs, with steps to reproduce issue.

Now it's 2019 and I have only one question for the devs : FIX SINGLEPLAYER MODE WHEN ?

Archived