Wild Dino Behavior Change

JakeDrakeSlayer

Suggestion

Wild Dinosaur Behavior Change:

I know I love the rush of delving into the wyvern dens and stealing eggs witch we would then go and hatch into powerfull members of our tribes.  What I envision is a low level tribe wandering through the forest when they stumble upon a small cave entrace.  Naturally curious thay venture into the cave to find old bones and broken egg shells along with three baby raptors.  The tribe imprints on these babys and begin to leave when they hear a low growl and find a pack of fully grown raptors ready to attack.

I know I love the rush of delving into the wyvern dens and stealing eggs witch we would then go and hatch into powerfull members of our tribes. Somthing I think would make the game not only more realistic and provide a new challange would be to simple introduce wild spawning baby dinosaurs, fertilized eggs, nests/dens. (Note:  I understand some of these ideas aren't for everyone, all these features would be toggleable).

Wild baby dinosaurs:   Wild baby dinosaurs will spawn along side at least one adult dinosaur of that same species.  These wild baby dinosaurs can be imprinted upon but doing so would take at least 5-10 seconds and any adults of the species would become hostile around the player for a certin amount of time.  If a baby is left in the wild for to long than the baby would fully mature into an adult of that species.

New Pack Mentality:  Some species of dinosaurs would group into herds (such as triceratops and velociraptors) allowing for huge packs of dinosaurs to be found roaming around the ark after days of play.  This would create massive predator and hebivore battles wich could signiffigantly lower the population of a species and increase in others forit would allow for that species to continue breeding in that pack.  The increases in population would lead to either huge taming sprees or huge hunting parties.  

New Combat Tactics:  Dinosaurs will exhibit new tactics in combat while wild and in pack's, these behaviors could be trikes forming a shield wall around their young to protect them from preadators, to animals attempting to retreat much like when  they are on the verge of getting knocked out.  This could make battlle scared pacts of creatures waiting for revenge.

Nests/Dens: The dinosaurs of the ark will of course need some place to lay their eggs and raise their young so in certin spots (much like drops) their will be a chance for either a den or nest to spawn (dependent on the region and species).   Dens will be caves/ or broken trees, and nest will be the same as the wyvern nest found on mountains and in redwood trees (their should also be a den for aquatic life, maybe a mini coral reef/ nest and underwater dens/ moonpools?   This could help to fill up the empty parts of the ocean)  that male, females, and the babies of that species will live in and will frequently be found in and around these locations.

Behaviors:  Dinosaurs would have diffrent toggalable features such as sleep,  (these features would make for a harder and more realistic).  Firstly dinosaurs needing to sleep for a specific amount of time to function everyday, im not talking about using the same night, day sleep system that the megalosauras uses but a diffrent one where for every day of use a dinosaur will need a short amount of sleep. 

Battle Scars:  Finally, when dinosaurs are injured bloddy claw marks appears on their skins, but eventually disapear when healed.  Dinosaurs should somtimes retain these scars, this can show their expirience in battle and not to mention would look really cool.  Bite marks, claw marks, maybe a lost eye or somthing?; these changes would be purly athstetics and maybe even a toggleable feature.

Please leave any and all constructive feedback on this Idea.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived