Community Crunch 180: Memory Optimizations and Contest Winners!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Picklestatus said:

How about a breed event for mother day. Jesus one breed event a year does not benefit small tribes other than mega tribes.  I canning raise tame that take days to mature by myself.  Help a brother out and reduce the damage from corrupted Dino’s they are op

Solo and small tribes suffer, it's like they expect you to know 20 people or be willing to trust people on a large scale, where a single person can end months of hard work if they decide to have a bad day.

2 hours ago, Picklestatus said:

How about a breed event for mother day. Jesus one breed event a year does not benefit small tribes other than mega tribes.  I canning raise tame that take days to mature by myself.  Help a brother out and reduce the damage from corrupted Dino’s they are op

Facts - or at least the damage to structures.  The damage to dinos doens't bother met as much, but a level 10 C Giga being able to munch through your metal in 2 or 3 bites is a bit redic.

I would LOVE to see Primitive+ integrated into the base game. After playing P+, the base game seems so... basic. For years, I've expected more to be added, but it's remained just bare bones stuff. Not everything needs a purpose. The taxidermy stands don't really serve an active purpose, but it adds so much to a room. Building is a huge draw, but when I'm done, there's nothing to put in it!

The weapons rack, the other lighting options, the tanning rack... All these little things add so much more to the game.

I don't, however, want to see the two merged so there's no longer the primitive only option. There's something so wonderful and so simple about a setting with no tek or technology. I play both.

2 hours ago, BRAYLONR said:

Wild Card should add silk to the island because there are spiders and spider make silk so why can't you get silk on the island?

Please do a update that adds silk to the island and there needs to be wyverns on the center as well.

Gacha drop silk. Get a couple and you’re set. 

On 5/7/2019 at 3:47 AM, Wikus said:

So this latest memory patch will do nothing to improve performance in SP ? Especially on Xbox , game has been unplayable on XB1 for months now in SP with constant crashing within minutes on any map.

dude its your xbox cause i have had this game since day one and there's never been a problem with SP to the point its unplayable, try changing to a new xbox system and see if it fixes the issue, if it doesn't then idk but i've had it since it game out for insiders before going public on the xbox marketplace and never ran into those kind of issues at all.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, exiledfreedom said:

This answer is disgusting. One of the good things wildcard has done over the years is the freedom(variety of server settings and mods) of playing however you want in your non-official(single player OR private servers) game. As a single player getting any amount of resources is my thing to consider not yours. I can spawn an infinite amount of resources but that does not change the poor feeling of not finding resource nodes the next time i get in my map.

if it affects single player it affects unofficial, non dedicated and official servers which is why they did it this way cause its about render range, for example if it wasn't like that and you get new resources every time you get on a map then on official its possible to do the same thing with one person online in a a small, medium or big tribe and build up faster just by logging in harvesting, putting up then logging our and then rinse and repeat. see my point? what affects the map on SP affects the map across all unless its a admin command or specific server setting which there is a setting that changes resource timer re spawn rate, try that out on your SP game. it should help you with that issue

On 5/12/2019 at 1:33 PM, Vegeta71 said:

dude its your xbox cause i have had this game since day one and there's never been a problem with SP to the point its unplayable, try changing to a new xbox system and see if it fixes the issue, if it doesn't then idk but i've had it since it game out for insiders before going public on the xbox marketplace and never ran into those kind of issues at all.

Wrong. It's not my Xbox. It has the same issue on mine and 2 other of my friend's consoles as well and I regularly read it on the net from other players as well.  It's the game , and it's been unstable ever since Extinction came and they could never sort it out since then. OneX is fine , standard Xb1 is not. You literally can not play past 10 minutes in SP ( if you are lucky ) without a crash.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On single-player resource spawning:

It's still a bug. Even if you want to prevent automatic respawns of resources on server restart to prevent some kind of cheating (which in SP you *can* cheat anytime anyways), restarting a server should still allow resources to respawn after the server set respawn time. This is NOT happening, and you end up in a world devoid of resources. That is a bug. The respawn mechanism in the game is not functioning properly between server restarts. And given how much Ark crashes, this becomes an even more significant problem.

As a developer myself, I find it ridiculous when other developers try to pretend they meant for something to be broken. "Oh, that's not a bug, I meant for the resources to never respawn and you to have to play in a world with no resources at all". Give me a break. It's a bug, it happens, now go fix it.