As @d1nk has suggested, under game.ini:

EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_RefinedElement_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=1.0)

EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_RefinedShards_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=1.0)

You’ll want to add element dust to loot containers too (also under game.ini and use Beacon App for guidance).

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Just enable auto learning engrams, then you can craft unstable element from dust (our admin has dust drop from alphas)

I actually went one step further and reduced the crafting cost of unstable element from element dust too, so it’s 100 dust for 1 element and 1 dust for 1 element shard. On Extinction, in the terminals it’s a 1 for 1 cost for element back into dust, costing 2 element or 200 shards for 200 dust.

1 hour ago, Swishersweet573 said:

so you just put the element dust in your drops? 

I personally added them to the alpha predator loot tables in varying quantities based on difficulty of the creature, but it’s up to you whether you do the same, add them to regular dino loot, supply drops, or all of the above.

I also increased the element drop quantity for bosses to make them more favourable to farm in terms of balance.

Edit: Alternatively, you could however override the crafting ingredients to anything besides element dust in order to craft unstable element/shards, I just used the former because it made more sense to me.

4 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I personally added them to the alpha predator loot tables in varying quantities based on difficulty of the creature, but it’s up to you whether you do the same, add them to regular dino loot, supply drops, or all of the above.

I also increased the element drop quantity for bosses to make them more favourable to farm in terms of balance.

Edit: Alternatively, you could however override the crafting ingredients to anything besides element dust in order to craft unstable element/shards, I just used the former because it made more sense to me.

ConfigOverrideSupplyCrateItems=(SupplyCrateClassString="DinoDropInventoryComponent_Carnivore_Huge_FireWyvern_C",MinItemSets=1,MaxItemSets=2,NumItemSetsPower=1.0,bSetsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemSets=((MinNumItems=25,MaxNumItems=25,NumItemsPower=1.0,SetWeight=0.50,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemEntries=((EntryWeight=1.00,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_ElementDust_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=25.0,MaxQuantity=25.0,MinQuality=0.5,MaxQuality=0.5,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.00))),(MinNumItems=25,MaxNumItems=25,NumItemsPower=1.0,SetWeight=0.50,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemEntries=((EntryWeight=1.00,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_ElementDust_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=25.0,MaxQuantity=25.0,MinQuality=0.5,MaxQuality=0.5,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.00)))))

So ive decided to go with wyverns dropping dust. If I kept the crafting amounts the same, how much would you have each wyvern drop? I also have to do this for the other 2 kinds of wyverns. 

Archived