Better pve

arker12

Suggestion

Maybe in pve dinos should have a longer agro distance and more dinos will spawn. Im not sure im corect about this but if you place foundations or pillars it cuts off some dino spawns. If im right this should be removed. I feel like if people cut off all the dino spawns the new players struggle against dinos a lot less and it seems wrong.

3 replies to this server topic

PvE really does need some unique and dynamic elements to keep survival relevant. After your setup, your basically safe and just playing a dino breeding sim.

They need to add something like npc raids. Not saying they should necessarily add npc humans who raid. Maybe waves of dinos like the OSD. 

Maybe make some wild dinos aggressive against structures, so hiding inside isn't always an option.

I still think PvE needs some kind of land claim block. To both protect your claim and trigger something that makes you fight to keep your claim.

8 hours ago, arker12 said:

Maybe in pve dinos should have a longer agro distance and more dinos will spawn. Im not sure im corect about this but if you place foundations or pillars it cuts off some dino spawns. If im right this should be removed. I feel like if people cut off all the dino spawns the new players struggle against dinos a lot less and it seems wrong.

If they removed the foundations killing spawns, dino's would spawn in your base all the time, wrecking your stuff and killing your passive tames. No thanks to that. 

Pillars with ladders attached don't hurt spawns though.

Game can only handle so many dino's on the map at once, hence the server cap, so this isn't really too feasible.

I decided when new servers opened to just not surround my base with Behemoth's or Dino Gates or Walls so I always had Raptors, Sabers, Scorpions, sometimes Rex and Allo's when I left rhe door. Added a bit more interaction with the PvE but eventually you have good armor and swords/pikes so ultimately it doesn't matter. They would have to revamp entire base stats to increase PvE difficulty.

Archived