Large pillars, foundations & ceilings

Lowly

Suggestion

16 replies to this server topic

On 5/5/2019 at 10:33 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

To take into account here, you must be aware of structure strength and how it affects PvP gameplay. 

Yes, you're adding additional grind to both attacker and defender side but this games grind is already on another level so from a building/PvE perspective this would be great but I think from a PvP perspective there needs to be some additional testing to see how much non-pvp it adds to the game.

Still, I'd definitely appreciate anything that reduces lag.

If implemented I'd expect a 1.8x the health of 4 individual structures like the large walls have. There aren't many complaining about that balance point

I don’t want any new structures until the large walls and the triangle ceilings can snap properly to a roof instead of only snapping to the foundation. Building in them in a pain in the arse if you go from wood to stone to metal to tek. You can’t easily replace them so you have to either break the bottom and they all fall or you break each one to reclaim mats. 

We had a new set of players join recently, and one of them, a avid gamer, was trying to learn all he could about the game. 

And for a time, before he got started building, he was asking a lot of questions in relation to lag and how the different items worked together. During which this forum post came up. 

Which is why I am here again adding to it a few items and a clearly bullet breakdown of the items we were discussing. 

• Walls (square walls would require that each wall at the base of the set be attached to a foundation or it would not allow placement)
    • Tall Walls (in game as "large wall" 4x1)
    • Medium Walls (3x1)
    • Short Walls (2x1)
    • Small Square Walls (2x2)
    • Medium Square Walls (3x3)
    • Large Square Walls (4x4)
  • Foundations (the large foundations would still follow foundation rules, they would need to be supported by ground placement on each foundation included on the panel in order for it to be placed. They would not act as cliff platforms.This could be viewed by showing the portions without ground support in red so you would know when it is too low to place the piece.)
    • Small Square Foundations (2x2)
    • Medium Square Foundations (3x3)
    • Large Square Foundations (4x4)
  • Ceilings (the large ceilings would still follow ceiling rules. They would need to be supported in order to be placed. So those that are larger than the 2x2 would need foundations under them, a pillar to support them, or another sort of connect point to allow for them to place.This could be viewed by showing the portions without enough support in red so that you would know when you have run out support.)
    • Small Square Ceilings (2x2)
    • Medium Square Ceilings (3x3)
    • Large Square Ceilings (4x4)
  • Pillars
    • Pillar (1 high)
    • Short Pillar (2 high)
    • Medium Pillar (3 high)
    • Tall Pillar (4 high)
  • Tree Platforms
    • Each "tier" would come with a higher cost, a larger size, higher defence, and a different look
      • Wood Platform
      • Stone Platform
      • Metal Platform
      • Tek Platform
  • Cliff Platforms
    • Each "tier" would come with a higher cost, a larger size, higher defence, and a different look. And as they are aberration items, the total cost and type of gem would elevate as well. 
      • Wood Platform
      • Stone Platform
      • Metal Platform
      • Tek Platform

I had hoped that the behemoth building mod that came out during the last mod/map contest would have been used, but unfortunately it was cut during the first round. As such, I hope that this suggestion gains some traction if at all possible to showcase how helpful these items could be as a whole. 

So I was adding on to my base just a now and thought about this suggestion. 

As a PVE player, having the larger wall and foundation segments would be helpful. Not just because building would be faster, but the possible cut in lag could be awesome.

I had put off building the addition because of the possible rendering lag. However there is a hole in the map where I built, and I had to put some flooring down so the babies wouldn't wander underground. 

Having larger foundations would have been nice to use.

21 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

No one would use it PVP because it’d be weak. It’s mostly only a PvE thing.

As stated above, if you sort it by date rather than votes it is easier to find, the changes may not effect PvP gameplay as much as people think. 

For one, it would all be optional. No one would be required to use any of the pieces. 

And best of all, the structural integrity would expand as the pieces do. 

For example: If a single wall had 25 health, the a four tall wall would have 100. 4x the health for 4x the coverage. The same could be said for the other items as well. 

So you wouldn't be at a loss for item health if the pieces were larger. The health of the item would expand with the size of the piece. 

That would be awesome! 

2x2 ceilings and foundations would be a huge cut back in lag. 

I also wouldn't mind 2x2 or 4x4 walls, if not both. Same for the ceilings and foundations, both 2x2 and 4x4. 

The 4 high walls are great, and have been a lag saver, but being stuck at just 4 high cuts back in some design options. Having a 2x2 variant could accomplish the same space, but allow for a few additional opportunities. 

I dunno how many other people do this but I tend to do my buildings in heights of 3 so I have always been kinda bothered that we got the 4 high walls from S+ but never got a 3 High wall. Dunno how many people do the same but thought I'd throw this out there, I suppose the platform wedges woudl be nice too, especially if they use the newer implementation where they function as giant triangle wedges.

14 minutes ago, SoaringSpirit said:

I dunno how many other people do this but I tend to do my buildings in heights of 3 so I have always been kinda bothered that we got the 4 high walls from S+ but never got a 3 High wall. Dunno how many people do the same but thought I'd throw this out there, I suppose the platform wedges would be nice too, especially if they use the newer implementation where they function as giant triangle wedges.

Personally I have used both 2 and 3 high for more than I have ever used 4. 

My building methods have changed a bit with the 4 high walls though, now either running at least one layer above or below the 4 high wall and some angled roofs to give the appearance of a 3 high area on a two story building. It still isn't the best method as the single walls have a different appearance on the backside than the 4 high walls do, but I make it work some how. Dealing with the look is better than dealing with the lag. ?‍♀️

On 5/5/2019 at 3:33 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

To take into account here, you must be aware of structure strength and how it affects PvP gameplay. 

Yes, you're adding additional grind to both attacker and defender side but this games grind is already on another level so from a building/PvE perspective this would be great but I think from a PvP perspective there needs to be some additional testing to see how much non-pvp it adds to the game.

You are correct, PVP and PVE would probably use these pieces far differently. 

From a PVP players perspective, having a single piece destroyed that effectively takes out an entire zone of your base could be pretty problematic. 

From a PVE players perspective, it could cut down on lag. With PVE there are a many massive base designs, and for those that run mass breeding programs indoors.... yikes. 

The nice part about adding items like this though, using them wouldn't be required. It is simply an additional option for building that may help with a well known issue. Lag. 

So regardless of the way you play the game, I still think it is a good option. And those who wanted to use it could, and those who don't could simply skip on learning the engram and crafting the items in the first place. 

On 5/5/2019 at 2:33 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

No one would use it PVP because it’d be weak. It’s mostly only a PvE thing.

Archived