Anyone have funny observations of Wild Creatures?

While 'oot and aboot' I'll sometimes witness some funny interactions between wild creatures that just make me smile. Anyone have some particularly interesting ones?

- Carnotaurus charging into a flock of Pteranodons, causing them to scatter like a dog chasing geese.

- Dilophosaur picking a fight with a couple Compy, only to end up being devoured by nearly a dozen of them.

- Diplodocus nudging an attacking Spinosaur down a cliff and into a group of Therizinosaur.

- Allosaurus chasing a Parasaur with three Microraptors in hot pursuit.

- Megalania attacking a group of Stegosaurus, but because of a bug it cannot get a bite in so it's just hopelessly chasing them around as they ignore it.

2 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Also, anyone notice that some dinos will sit and spin on a dime when flyers are circling them? I have trouble driving my Giga through a huge gate, but when he's not being ridden, and has a wyvern circling him closely, he sits in one place and spins like a top. 

Yeah, it's hilarious. They're hopelessly spinning and biting at them and the fliers are just pecking or nibbling them to death. I watched a level 110 Rex get shredded by four Dimorphs a while back and it was amazing.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:28 AM, TomBakerARK said:

There had to be some scripting change the last few weeks as I randomly see numerous dinos like raptors, dilos etc engage then instantly flee and run the other way.

Of course when it's a player you never see that with a raptor since they know they can stunlock/kill you.

I've noticed the same thing with Raptors lately.  weird.

6 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Rex's.... always gotta be fighting with something or someone. Watched a couple of vulture tear a Rex apart, as the Rex couldn't seem to get a hit on them. 

So accurate, they're just mad at the whole damn world lol. I saw a rex wander down into the beaver dam area on Rag recently, poor guy lasted maybe a heartbeat before he was swarmed and demolished.

Other favorites of mine:

When wyverns land in the lava, not unique or rare but it always gets a chuckle out of me. Another is whenever a bronto steps on a rock or metal deposit and it's leg starts glitching out and you get to see the stanky leg from hell

Well I do have a kind of funny story, it probably doesnt classify as a wild dino observation as I had a hand in the situation but it was funny none the less. It would have been a wild dino observation from the other players perspective :P.

While farming for CP by some beaver dams I noticed a base with an open roof, So i decided to use my argent to drop the beavers in there so I can loot there dams in peace, literally around 20 beavers that I dropped in this 4 x 4 stone base. I honestly thought it was just a raided base.

I get the paste and be on my way, the next day me and a buddy are online and someone in all chat is asking for help. They were saying that beavers had spawned in their base and that they didnt know they could do that, saying it must be some kind of glitch. He got into a full blown argument with other people on the server who were telling him they cant spawn in his base and many others didnt even believe his story. My friend was the one who alerted me to the chat as I usually leave it on auto hide, thats when I told my friend I did that in a guilty tone and he hosed himself laughing. I ended up finding the player outside his base staring at the army of beavers inside in disbelief, with half the server telling him to stop lying. literally there were people typing "liar" as I'm standing there looking at this poor naked bob who is just staring helplessly at his beaver infested base. I helped the guy out and took the beavers back out one by one with my argent. He was really grateful and wanted to give me something for being nice enough to come find and help him, but I told him he didnt need to thank me ( he didnt seem to question how I knew where to find him, maybe he assumed I was just passing by and stumbled on the spectacle). He asked me if I had seen this before and I just told him I had only ever seen beavers in a base like this once before, but I never told him that one time I was refering to was when I dropped those very beavers into his base ?. I doubt he realized what I had done so some dude out there probably still thinks it was some kind of spawn glitch, where ever you are random dude, my bad, but I still wish I saw his first reaction when he logged into his base to see an army of wild beavers staring at him :P.

I mean most people who see a wild dino in a base with no roof might assume another player dropped that in there, but I was persistent and had literally put every beaver I could see in there,(we talking around 20 beavers) all so I could grab them precious dams. I probably shouldve told him it was me but it's more fun this way ;).

On 5/5/2019 at 5:51 PM, SylvanniTheNaturalist said:

While 'oot and aboot' I'll sometimes witness some funny interactions between wild creatures that just make me smile. Anyone have some particularly interesting ones?

- Carnotaurus charging into a flock of Pteranodons, causing them to scatter like a dog chasing geese.

- Dilophosaur picking a fight with a couple Compy, only to end up being devoured by nearly a dozen of them.

- Diplodocus nudging an attacking Spinosaur down a cliff and into a group of Therizinosaur.

- Allosaurus chasing a Parasaur with three Microraptors in hot pursuit.

- Megalania attacking a group of Stegosaurus, but because of a bug it cannot get a bite in so it's just hopelessly chasing them around as they ignore it.

Hello,

Yes, this time last year WC changed a lot of dino behavior. Cretique was moron dino AI.

So I looked at a Sabertooth going backwards biting it's attacker. As if a human rider was on the sabertooth.

So nice.

/Ari

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:51 AM, HoboNation said:

Well I do have a kind of funny story, it probably doesnt classify as a wild dino observation as I had a hand in the situation but it was funny none the less. It would have been a wild dino observation from the other players perspective :P.

While farming for CP by some beaver dams I noticed a base with an open roof, So i decided to use my argent to drop the beavers in there so I can loot there dams in peace, literally around 20 beavers that I dropped in this 4 x 4 stone base. I honestly thought it was just a raided base.

I get the paste and be on my way, the next day me and a buddy are online and someone in all chat is asking for help. They were saying that beavers had spawned in their base and that they didnt know they could do that, saying it must be some kind of glitch. He got into a full blown argument with other people on the server who were telling him they cant spawn in his base and many others didnt even believe his story. My friend was the one who alerted me to the chat as I usually leave it on auto hide, thats when I told my friend I did that in a guilty tone and he hosed himself laughing. I ended up finding the player outside his base staring at the army of beavers inside in disbelief, with half the server telling him to stop lying. literally there were people typing "liar" as I'm standing there looking at this poor naked bob who is just staring helplessly at his beaver infested base. I helped the guy out and took the beavers back out one by one with my argent. He was really grateful and wanted to give me something for being nice enough to come find and help him, but I told him he didnt need to thank me ( he didnt seem to question how I knew where to find him, maybe he assumed I was just passing by and stumbled on the spectacle). He asked me if I had seen this before and I just told him I had only ever seen beavers in a base like this once before, but I never told him that one time I was refering to was when I dropped those very beavers into his base ?. I doubt he realized what I had done so some dude out there probably still thinks it was some kind of spawn glitch, where ever you are random dude, my bad, but I still wish I saw his first reaction when he logged into his base to see an army of wild beavers staring at him :P.

I mean most people who see a wild dino in a base with no roof might assume another player dropped that in there, but I was persistent and had literally put every beaver I could see in there,(we talking around 20 beavers) all so I could grab them precious dams. I probably shouldve told him it was me but it's more fun this way ;).

this is the first time in ages that I actually horse laughed out loud at something I read on the internet. We did something similar to someone but it was the highlands cave and we filled it to the brim with diplos and then shut their door back, lol

Here's another thing about Gigas... their chomp can decimate a dozen dinos at once with their AOE. But every so often you see a Giga who can't seem to bite a single Ovis. This poor guy was desperate to eat the ovis as I was trouncing him with my wyvern. He was trying for several minutes as his health depleted, all the while never able to get the ovis. I was kind of funny to watch and I had to stop to take this screen shot... poor Giga. I think the ovis survived. 

InvincibleOvis.jpg

4 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Here's another thing about Gigas... their chomp can decimate a dozen dinos at once with their AOE. But every so often you see a Giga who can't seem to bite a single Ovis. This poor guy was desperate to eat the ovis as I was trouncing him with my wyvern. He was trying for several minutes as his health depleted, all the while never able to get the ovis. I was kind of funny to watch and I had to stop to take this screen shot... poor Giga. I think the ovis survived. 

InvincibleOvis.jpg

I have seen alpha rexes do similiar things lol.

Archived